It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Borders Crumble, Army Gone - Iraq Spirals Out Of Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
Great informative video by the TYT talking about the on goings in Iraq, why the Iraqi Army is complete fail, and how we created the monster known as ISIS.

"Sunni Iraqi militants from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, on Sunday took control of the western Iraqi city of Rutba, which lies 90 miles east of the Jordan border.

Rutba became the fourth town in two days to fall into ISIS control, after Rawah, Anah and Qaim, along with two border crossings, were captured by the extremist group Sunday. The fall of Rutba, which lies on the Iraq-Jordan border, is strategic because it means the group now controls most of the country's western border, which will allow ISIS to conveniently supply arms and ammunition from Iraq to help Syrian rebels fighting Bashar Assad's administration, Associated Press, or AP, reported. Rutba's capture follows an airstrike Sunday by Iraqi government forces on the northern city of Tikrit, which killed 40 militants."* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

edit on 23-6-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:19 PM
a reply to: Swills

This is great news for the globalists. A Muslim sectarian war.
Iraq will be gone soon if the Americans don't resume security duty. Sad, but true.
The Iraqi army is a shambles for a reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:38 PM
I tend to agree. Have you seen the show of force in Baghdad? Watch the video in the link.

The Iraqi Army is indeed lost if this is the best they can put together. Rag tag AK, RPG and bottle rocket toting militia .

They remind me of the PLO in Gaza.

No wonder "ISIS" jackals are smelling blood.

Yes its RT, just watch the parade...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:46 PM
I suppose agreements were made with ISIS by the US seems he is the government now.

Well, we can save a bundle now that Obama doesn't need congress anymore. But we should actually fire all the congressmen instead of paying them.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:49 PM
The Protocols of Zion come to mind. Shatter the existing powers and melt down the pieces to form an idol of abomination. ISIS would've had no chance had Bush left the middle east be. Its gone from bad to worse since America "democratized" the muslim world.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:53 PM
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Lets leave Bush and Obama out of this... What Muslims crave is a democratic society. It is the final straw before a caliphate.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:59 PM

There will always be opposition...that's life...even if Russia went in to make some sort of change there would always be some group who would oppose the change...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
The Protocols of Zion come to mind. Shatter the existing powers and melt down the pieces to form an idol of abomination. ISIS would've had no chance had Bush left the middle east be. Its gone from bad to worse since America "democratized" the muslim world.

The Muslim world had already gone from bad to worse..we just sped the process up...beheadings, rape, torture was already a part of the fabric of the Iraq...

I often wonder that if a democrat had gone in to democratize a country if it would have then been looked upon as noble? Obviously we know that the democrat and republican are the wings of the same bird but I've always pondered that question...
edit on 23-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:08 PM
a reply to: txinfidel

If a democracy is what they desired, then democracy is what they would have fought for. Democracy does not guarantee freedom, it only empowers the majority to oppress the minority. The American experiment should prove that much.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM

No sir, America was never meant to be democratic it was meant to be a constitutional republic. Nothing else in the world has come close to what we once had.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:11 PM

Time to draw a big boarder on all the maps

egypt to iran

Mediterranean to the sea

And let them all know that the rest of the world now considers them one state

That they may fight amongst themselves until the their respective gods come

Jeez this madness wont stop

And the u.s. is all up in the mix drinking up all the koolaid

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:08 AM

originally posted by: txinfidel

No sir, America was never meant to be democratic it was meant to be a constitutional republic. Nothing else in the world has come close to what we once had.

On the contrary, America had its chance at being a Republic with the Articles of Confederation. We blew our chance at freedom when we let the Federalists convert our Republic into a Democracy, with the illegal replacement of the Articles with the Constitution. Since that moment, America has spread the disease of Democracy like an STD.
edit on 24-6-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:46 AM

Good video. I don't always like TYT, but they have been good at keeping up with this.

ISIS seems to be just plowing through the Iraqi army wherever they go. 1/4th of Iraqi combat battalions cannot be "accounted" for anymore, plus the border between Iraq and Syria is basically non existent today. (Doesn't ISIS now control the Jordanian border to?)

ETA - However, once ISIS tries to take a major Shiite city, they may end up running into their first major defeat. The Kurds wont have any of ISIS either (as long as ISIS doesn't try to invade their territory). I think there's already been a minor battle or 2 between them, and the Kurds whooped them.
edit on 24-6-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:21 AM
a reply to: EA006 its gonna be an interesting conflict if america get involved again. So funny the us army fighting the us cia. Iraq would not have been in the state it is neither the middle east if America just kept their noses out where thy do not belong

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:54 AM
a reply to: buni11687

strange, we don't even see any battles or fighting between the army and ISIS, yet we see plenty of footage of them parading through town or pulling people out of their cars and executing them. Look at them, they're immaculate!

It's almost like there's no fighting at all, or there was never any army defending.

ISIS, just who the heck are these guys. They are rebels from a war torn battleground!, apparently!

Yet, they had the timing and forethought to make nice, silky, custom made flags?

Who's the guy with the laptop in the movies? he's no fighter, he's short and gangly, but he's protected and utilized.

It's like they have detailed files on each person, car, address and roles played. Each person they stopped on the highway had their ID's checked on the computer. The computer decided if you died or not.

They're all fat and healthy, they've been fed and manicured! Syrian fighters haven't. There are no bags under their eyes or holes in their clothes.

It's like someone trained and equipped 2000 men in a camp,setup some structure - who was in charge and what plan to take. Then transported them to the border and opened the doors.

Gotta say, 2014 it is, Iraq war started in 03 and was at its peak around 07. 7yrs later its just more Iraqi blood stained streets, cant be many males left in Iraq!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:24 AM
We gave the ISIS guns in Syria and now they are using them guns to remove US puppets in Iraq and we now call them terrorists but to a dead man its all the same if a US drone kills them or a local freedom fighter/ terrorists.

Turkey keeps making trouble for Syria and now it looks like that because of these freinds it let across the border to attack Syria that the Kurds in Iraq will be getting a home state and that is what you call blow-back because Turkey hates the prospect of Kurds having a home land.

AL-CIA was so yesterday in this war on terror that we needed a new name anyway.

Days were much better when Sadam and Qdaffy were in control and what we are seeing today was all planned to a large extent and that includes the ISIS killing Muslims and not us.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:37 AM
I've long been a fan of The Young Turks and they knocked it out of the park on that video. Absolutely right. The minute I heard that Bush had had to have the difference between the Sunnis and the Shias explained to him I groaned and wondered what the 2003 Iraq war would do to such an unstable country. Well, now we know - partition seems to be the only real answer.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:42 AM
a reply to: Agit8dChop

You forget, many of them are fresh of the boat from nice, cozy European countries after answering the call to Jihad from Imam's here - hence the well fed look.

Not to mention they are the richest outfit in the region - even before they looted Mosul and it's bank - because of wealthy backers in Saudi and other Gulf states.

They are also incredibly organised, a marked increase over their previous incarnation as AQ in Iraq largely attributed to their new leader, the now infamous "Al Baghdadi".

If you stopped trying to shoehorn some Western conspiracy into it and see it for what it really is, there is no mystery. They are the 5th column of Saudi Arabia's anti-Shiite/Iran geo-political efforts.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:56 AM
I'm not really surprised the Iraqi soldiers cut and ran, in their situation I would also rather blend in with my countrymen instead of being a target in a Western army uniform.

I for one am looking forward to reading the legends and conspiracy theories that will grow arojnd their leader once more people stop trying make this story fit into some cia/nwo/anti obama wet dream.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:01 AM
Then how can 10000 rag tag ISIL troops in dump trucks and machine guns take over a whole country so easily.

And the US not be anxious to bomb them into oblivion. There sitting there right in the desert riding in columns in those dump trucks yelling and screaming.

Why the US hesitation all of a sudden in taking out terrorists and here they are tearing the country apart right before our eyes.

You don’t think something stinks in this scenario

Sure Saudi and Qatar are behind them, Rachel Maddow had a MSM Atlantic monthly journalist on her show last night showing that some Saudi big shot is behind ISIS.

But that’s how the US does this through surreptitious cut outs.

The agenda is simple

Egypt, Libya, Syria, Iraq and now they are using ISIL as a proxy to destabilize Syria and Iraq.

They Want to break up IRAQ into three parts SUNNI/ SHIA/ AND CURD

You now have selected MSM journalist espousing that all over.

To understand all this stuff you got to think like the CIA folks

top topics

<<   2 >>