It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Park Service Bans "Drones" in Every National Park in the USA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

And all Im saying is that the NPS banned it outright out of fear, ignorance or paranoia. Thats not OK. This should go through congress or be null and void.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Already posted.

Having said that, I don't see a problem with this. Last thing we need to hear about it some stupid guy with a Phantom copter crashing into a nest full of Bald Eagle chicks because he wanted a 'cool' shot to post on YouTube.

There are some professional photographers who can manage a radio controlled copter with a camera attachment. There's also a lot of amateurs who don't know how to fly their toys and can be idiots.

As for congress making the rules, do we really want to micromanage the federal government through congress of all places? The Department of Interior has jurisdiction over the parks and make the rules as they see fit, they need leeway. We can't have 538 cooks in the kitchen, we just can't.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

No we don't micromanage we pass LAWS through congress for that very reason.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: txinfidel

The fact that an obviously easily abused method of surveillance is banned from all national parks seems to me to be a plus for all those who appreciate freedom. What part is hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And for those who don't think this is political.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The National Park Service is launching an initiative to make places and people of significance to the history of lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual Americans part of the national narrative.

Interior Secretary Sally Jewell is convening a panel of 18 scholars next month that will be charged with exploring the LGBT movement's story in areas such as law, religion, media, civil rights and the arts. The committee will identify relevant sites and its work will be used to evaluate them for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places, designation as National Historic Landmarks, or consideration as national monuments, Park Service Director Jonathan Jarvis said.

"The Park Service is, in my view, America's storyteller through place," Jarvis said "It's important that the places we recognize represent the full complement of the American experience."

Jarvis is the one who did this and though this has nothing to do with LGBTQ theres a clear political agenda here.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Because if it is about surveillance as you state then cameras and videos are next. This will be North Korea.

But then again, your not American are you?
edit on 23-6-2014 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

A number of replies in here sound like they are from people that would also love to use their ATVs all over the parks as well, use motor boats everywhere, and allow giant diesel bus RVs with generators at every campground. There are many people that appreciate the sounds of nature and not machinery whether or not its the drone of a drone or a roar of a motor. Some people actually go to the parks for peace and quiet. There is plenty of BLM and National Forest for machines. People go to see animals in nature, and the animals do not like the machines either. There needs to be some places that are just off limits to tech of this kind for those that appreciate the lack of the tech to begin with. Why are some freedoms restricted? Because some people are irresponsible and selfish and want total freedom without care for how it affects others.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Interesting........I have to wonder if this is in response to the popularity of the Missing 411 books. Maybe they believe something would be revealed they don't want known? After all, this anti-gun administration did move to allow carrying guns in the parks as well. Gotta wonder!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Erm no, i'm English. I just don't see a problem with restricting possible surveilance devices from parks. The same as beaches...or should they be allowed there too? Anywho, just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Hi, what are 411 books?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It doesn't matter where your from but the FAA is the on position I respect here and if I can't fly in national parks where the hell am I supposed to fly?? I respect the rights to peoples privacy and I am willing to compromise any day.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Hi, what are 411 books?

Oh, wow.......threads on them here, and VERY interesting and worth the read. If you want them, buy here - link - as the prices elsewhere are typically very elevated. The author will even sign the books for you, at no additional charge. What they are is details of cases he's found where people vanish in national parks and other remote areas, and the circumstances are simply weird. When someone is located, dead or alive, they are found in places they couldn't easily reach, if at all, and/or well outside any normal search parameters, or even in places that were searched repeatedly. Very capable people have vanished, with no apparent cause. He rules out any cases that are suspected animal attacks or human abductions. One of the strangest factors is that he's been told by the national park people that they "don't keep a database" of missing persons, AND that if he wants the data, ;it will cost insane amounts of money to get it. It seems clear someone is hiding something. hence, my thought that maybe they have a reason for saying "no drones" in such areas.

I have two of the three books, and don't have the third ONLY because it's not in the budget just yet. You can listen to radio interviews of the author on YT as well. Just search for "David Paulides", and you will get results. It's creepy stuff.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Well that doesn't surprise me in the least. But those folks must have some friends in high places.

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: txinfidel

Well that doesn't surprise me in the least. But those folks must have some friends in high places.

Powers of the air, perhaps? "High" places for very low powers, is my take on the situation.

It's clear something is being covered up, however.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join