It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel Simulated by Australian Physicists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: Jonjonj
There is a maxim that says-once time travel is discovered it will have existed for all time-the logic of this seems irrefutable to me

Which therefore suggests that time travel will never be discovered, otherwise we would already know about it.

You wouldn't want to let people know about time travel before it exists because you could create a temporal paradox.

But if time travel is discovered in the future then why aren't people travelling back to our time? You could argue perhaps that a "time machine" will only allow you to travel back as far as the point when the machine was created... or alternatively that time travel will never be possible.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Yeah, calm down you out of control maniac!

Maybe some ufos are time travelers... that's why they show up at important events sometimes, and that's why they can wink out of existence.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I strongly suspect TPTB have already attempted time travel at some point in our not too distant past given the accounts of the Philadelphia experiment or whatever the Nazis were working on, Die Glocke, in the Wenceslas mine at the end of WW2 pertaining to torsion fields.

Thing is considering we occupy our own timeline, from our perspective, any changes made could not be perceived.

edit on 25-6-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm of the firm opinion that someone will discover some surprising things about the nature of the universe at some point in time.

My Grandfather was certainly a paradox, anyway.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
"simulated"
may as well have been using rocks!

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

“We see in our simulation (as was predicted in 1991),” Ringbauer stated, “how many effects become possible, which are forbidden in standard quantum mechanics. For example it is possible to perfectly distinguish different states of a quantum system, which are usually only partially distinguishable. This makes quantum cryptography breakable and violates Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle. We also show that photons behave differently, depending on how they were created in the first place.”

We simulated a photon that traveled to the past and was allowed to interact with its past self. We used single photons to do this, but the time-travel was simulated by using a second photon to play the part of the past incarnation of the time travelling photon. No worm-holes are required!

simulated - one photon interacting with itself by using a second photon...
how is this self-interaction in any way ??

"a photon that traveled to the past" LOL !!

good they use photons and not real EM radiation then photons as theory construct obey the rules of mathematics

real physical EM waves do not utterly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join