It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Memo Justifying Drone Killings Is Released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Now there's a thought that has been bothering me for a LONG time now. It's not like terrorist have just crossed the Iraq border.

All roads lead to the House of Saud.

IF you will...........

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Saudi Prince: Fracking Is Threat To Kingdom

The wave of new crude, flowing in oil fields from North Dakota to south Texas, helped keep the global market adequately supplied and helped markets weather declining oil production elsewhere in the world.

online.wsj.com...

Why has Iraq suddenly become a hotbed again ?

The House of Saud wanted to fattens it's oil bank accounts.

I think that AQ/ISIS is the House of Sauds version of black water. Which can explain the 'lack of drone strikes'.

The US didn't want to 'insult' the House of Saud.

In my opinion others will vary.
edit on 23-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

That then leads to the question, isn't using these things not a potential trigger for creating more terrorists?

Well here is the problem with that.

Before drones 'terrorists' were getting cruise missiled to death.

Terrorism will always EXIST as long as the WEST exists.

Since the WEST has that 'freedom of religion' doesn't have Sharia LAW.

They will always be around.

They will never stop until they have the entire globe.

Those NEOCONS in the middle east have global ambitions.

All the above reasons smack of old hat MSM prattle . Terrorism is a military tactic. We have taught it
to depots all over the globe including the ones we are now engaging.

As I recall they offered THREE reasons for their actions. Americas support of Israel. U.S. Military bases in THEIR countries. And refrain from our uninvited intrusions ( covert or otherwise ) into Muslim affairs.

America is a World wide War Mongering State. I don't think their requests are unreasonable.

Screw Israel, they are NOT our ally. Withdraw ALL our forces from the Sovereign Nations we INVADED. Try really really hard to keep our bloody noses out of others affairs . Just saying : )

Congress is asleep at the wheel. They need to rein in this nut case before he MURDERS anymore Americans and noncombatants. I'm going to puke.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Of course, Washington's partner in crime.

It's all BS. The official narrative is BS. Good news is more and more people are no longer listening to politicians who play on their emotions.

But we're always one false flag away from another Iraq 2.0.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Of course, Washington's partner in crime.

Astonishingly I will agree with that.

Terrorism will never end, or will ever be won until Saudi Arabia is on that 'state sponsor of terrorism' list.

And starts experiencing drone strikes.

And Iran.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They'll never experience such things. They are forever protected, well that is until the world is no longer dependent on oil. That day will not be coming in our lifetime, our children's lifetime, nor their children.

Iran however will sooner or later be attacked. The current situation in Iraq is a great precursor for such an attack.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Swiils, I think you would be very surprised at how much intel is gathered for each release of a million dollar drone strike. The US Defense Force is not a fly by the night cowboy outfit no matter how much some people try and portray them to be.
For the most part they are also not reckless murdering rednecks or America right now would be run by the military.

The reality is humans evolved solving their problems with violence because in the short term this is an effective way to get what you want. Plus all the other predators were doing it so why not be the best predator on the planet, which humans have become...

The conflict we experience is when we eventually realize that short term solutions are not always the best long term solution.

Yet you better have a pocketfull of effective short term solutions if you are going to give your longterm solutions a chance, hence drone striking capacity.
edit on 23-6-2014 by subtopia because: spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Plus people who seek positions of power can easily be impressed by giant remote controlled planes, they have to get there defense budget somehow, he who has the most toys wins.........

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

So you're a supporter of drone strikes?

There is intel involved, clearly, they have to have their attack based off something but the intel is not concrete. How many innocent people have been killed by a drone strike? Look to Pakistan for that answer. Now I never said the drone operators were rednecks who were shooting fish in a barrel so please don't go putting words in my mouth and painting false pictures.

Clearly drone warfare is an effective tool for the US policy against the war on terror. It's easy and means no American lives will be lost. But the easy road isn't always the right path.

Not Even the White House Knows the Drones’ Body Count

Government officials claim they’re ultra-precise killing machines that never, ever miss their targets. Outside groups say they’re covered in children’s blood. The fact is no one has a clue exactly how many militants and how many innocents have been slain in the U.S. drone war that spans from Pakistan to Somalia. Remember that before you start your next Twitter feud about the drone war.

Neither the American government nor the independent agencies have the consistent presence on the ground needed to put together true assessments of the damage drone strikes do. Most of the evidence is third-hand, whispered from a local soldier to a far-off reporter. The death toll claims, which vary wildly, are all educated guesswork.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No not trying to put words in your mouth, I like your passion, yes all tools need to be used with care and sadly some countries continue to be used as live training grounds, which has a secondary message of do as I say or your country will be next for us to practice on.
I am a supporter of life and the reality in which we exist compels us to at times be forced to take life in order to support life. The reality is the strongest have always been the ones to continue to exist. Strength to live though comes in many forms, sometimes its not about being the biggest and the baddest that survive. Just look at the dinosaurs.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join