It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what excuse to invade Iran/Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have always thought that in order for the US to attack Iran, there would have to be another attack on US soil with a Very Clear direct link to them. Now having Germany, France and Tony Blair
, heavily involved with talks, I do not think there would be any way for the US to overstep them. We probably would, but would create more tension than there is right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Do you really think the 150,000 new US troops announced today are to be deployed to Iraq are for the January elections, please.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Do you really think the 150,000 new US troops announced today are to be deployed to Iraq are for the January elections, please.

To the best of my knwoledge it is only 1,500 troops, which would bring the total number to 150,000. Not Sending 150,000 more...

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I dotn think bush is goin to be such a war monger. He was called out last time and is being looked at very hard. Most people want him to screw up and try to impeach him. ONly way i see something else happeing is if we are attacked again. ON a nuclear level.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I dotn think bush is goin to be such a war monger. He was called out last time and is being looked at very hard. Most people want him to screw up and try to impeach him. ONly way i see something else happeing is if we are attacked again. ON a nuclear level.

Would this be them, Iran/Syria, attacking us? Or a retaliation from Terrorists?
I dont feel that if we were nuked by terrorists, they would have ONE place to go, they are all over the Place, Only if Iran/Syria had a hand in it, but would the rest of the World stand beside or behind us?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think it will be another unkonwn enemy thing. We will link it to Syria or NK or something like that. I doubt the world will be on our side untill their current leaders generation die out. THey are jealous straight up. THe leaders are not the countries. And teh majority of their country is jsut bing led to follow them

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree current Leaders are not for Military removel, but how long will we have to wait?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
What an untrue statement! Did you miss WWI? The US wasn't even in that war when chemical weapons were being used. How about Iran/Iraq? The list goes on and on....

i was reffering to the 2 nukes the US used ( no other nation has )
and other chemical agents the US forces used in the past

other nations may have used WMD's ( but no where as the scall of good old USA )

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Let's see...

Syria, a terrorist supporting state of suicide bombers in Israel. Israel is our ally who we givng millions to each year to combat these terrorist. What it would take? More hard evidence showing Syria's support of these terrorist.

Iran, obviously the heads of state do not like us. In the late 70's they took some 60 US embassy workers. Those responsible most likely had been priding themselves on the word of the leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini who said to show "demonstration" against the US and Israel. Maybe they want to shelter more Iraqi soldiers fleeing the American army, or maybe they want to continue to allow insurgents to pour across their border?

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Let's see...

Syria, a terrorist supporting state of suicide bombers in Israel. Israel is our ally who we givng millions to each year to combat these terrorist. What it would take? More hard evidence showing Syria's support of these terrorist.

Iran, obviously the heads of state do not like us. In the late 70's they took some 60 US embassy workers. Those responsible most likely had been priding themselves on the word of the leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini who said to show "demonstration" against the US and Israel. Maybe they want to shelter more Iraqi soldiers fleeing the American army, or maybe they want to continue to allow insurgents to pour across their border?

What a load... Little Israel fighting terrorism? If anything, it is justified action by people who are defending themselves from colonialist.

This war on terrorism seems to fit in quite well with Israel ambition to dominate the region.

How many American lives will it satisfy these neggers. Centuries roll on but the neggers are still living in the stone age.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The war on terrorism is just an excuse. This war in the middle east has been spouted since the 1970's. Henry Kissenger was ghost writing articles that states what is going on now.

Henry Kissenger, if there is a marked man on earth, he would be it. He can't live forever. Hell waits for him.

Sep

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

The only Americans that died during the hostage crisis were sent in by the US to kill the Iranians. No one died while they were under the supervision of the Iranians.

As for the sheltering of Iraqi soldiers, Iran has offered to hand back every terrorist it has in its boarder in exchange for the US handing back the MKO terrorists. The US refused.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Let's see...

yeah right syria/iran are doing what the US did when russia took over afgan and as
Justanotherperson said they are helping fight colonists,

for example the israeli's have pushed over 1 million palistineans into a corner just to fit in 8 thousend israel's into luxuary homes.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I have some.

Bush left his sunglasses on that bus.

Invisible WMD not being there.

Links with either/or/both moscow, peking, pyongyang no wait that was the 80s errr... make that links to Al-Queda, and terror.

Bush had a bad morning and just wanted to lash out at something/someone.

US built up a dangerous stockpile of DU ammo and needs to squeeze off a few rounds.

Man am i good at this.. I could work fo the state department.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Henry Kissenger, if there is a marked man on earth, he would be it. He can't live forever. Hell waits for him.

Yep Dr.Evil (that spelled Kissinger in American) is wanted by the karma police for qute some time now. Wonder why the US hasn't signed up to the ICC..

Originally posted by bodrul
i was reffering to the 2 nukes the US used ( no other nation has )
and other chemical agents the US forces used in the past

Absolutely, this fact is conviniently buried deep down the memory hole. You have a nation in uproar about 3000 deaths in a collapsed building, but remember tens of thousands of nuke victims? Any one we know there? Oh just a buch of funny colored Japs? Never mind then.. let's celebrate winning the War!
YAAAY! \o/

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Corthas it doesn't matter how many people die as long as they aint americans. Hell even if they are americns it doesn't matter unless they were somewhere safe........... like America.
Let me put it this way I'm an American who live in n europe now in truth if I got killed by a terrorist it wouldn't be that big a deal because by leaving the country I kinda had to expect it.

America grows through conquest.
Pax Americana

[edit on 3-12-2004 by mwm1331]

Sep

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
@mwm1331

I am sure it matters to a whole lot of people. Maybe no you but to alot of people from all the countries around the world.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by Sep]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
@mwm133

Pax Americana?

Must be working eh?

It's all so pax-y round here... everywhere I look I see this American pax-i-ness

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thats because you live in the wrong place corinthas. How can you possible expect to live in peace if you don't live in america?

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Thats because you live in the wrong place corinthas. How can you possible expect to live in peace if you don't live in america?

Oh i nearly replied to that... good job i caught myself in the act.. aarrgh struggeling with self... taking hand off keayboard.. Afg WEF W

On second thoughts.. oh ok lets adress your "point"...

Live in pece in America, what with all those handguns and rampant crime, race hate etc. ?!?!? Pax and America are mutually exclusive don't you think.. oh obviously not. Well if you take the word "pax" and take it to mean genocide hat and slaughter... well then yes you are right. Pax Americana everywhere.

Wow you sure got to admire the American guys for their cunning lingustic tickery... terrorist comes to mean "anyone we don't like" and pax meaning "killing poor brown people". Wow!

[edit on 3/12/2004 by Corinthas]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join