It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 magnitude earthquake in Alaska.. tsunami warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It seems quite restless in Alaska..
earthquake

and alert color in RDOE are quite deep red magnitudes from 7 to 8
RSOE

Be safe out there !

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Whoa.

So either take a surfboard, or stay at home eh?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

8.0 - 24km SE of Little Sitkin Island, Alaska TSUNAMI WARNING IN EFFECT , page 1

Sorry; I'm not very good at linking things! A thread was started moments after it happened....
edit on 100000055America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Point Break.. the movie.. possibly some will try it

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is some buoy action as well. Tsunami station in event mode

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow thats a big earthquake for Alaska bet its has literally nothing to do with all the fracking and pumping going on

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Is there any nuclear facilities in the area ? i hope not !

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I wonder how much more movement there is going to be on that fault coming up.
edit on 23-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well, may they ride in style or go with God in the attempt.

So it looks as if the Tsunami propagation chart shoots the worst of its energy directly south. I guess there are worse directions it could have gone from that point. The bits that trouble me are those green tendrils that seem to terminate on some significant coastlines.

I hope everyone affected by this situation stays safe, and that it does not have any disastrous effects on local economies and fishing fleets.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Next big earthquake will hit at California possibly. It is the nature of the Ring Of Fire.

Let's hope it won't though. I just had a bad dream about it yesterday...where cali was obliterated by a tsunami that covered 90% of the state.

My dreams have never come true before, so I'm sure nothing will come of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Little Sitkin is waaay out there, I doubt they're fracking that far out in the Aleutian Islands. Plus, it's in an uninhabited island group, so I doubt anyone had any quake damage to contend with. We can be thankful for that alone, and with any luck, hope there's little/no tsunami damage elsewere, too.
edit on 6/23/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well my cousin is out in Adak I have family out there, currently waiting in the mountains with a 48 hour bag and some rifles. They are high away from danger and have supplies to last if needed. I think an interesting thing to watch is the radioactive particles or what have you, as there is an island out there where multiple nuclear tests have been done. What do you guys think?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

The quake was centered about 13 miles southeast of Little Sitkin Island or 25 miles north Amchitka Island.
Amchitka is where the government tested nuclear weapons underground in the 1960s and 70s. The tests included one of the United States’ largest nuclear explosions ever.

Godzillla…. rises!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
So we have five major EQ's in less than two hours? Isn't that unprecedented?

If you include the three 5.9's in the next hour it would be 8 very large EQ's in three hours???

Are these stress releases balancing each other out, or will we shortly see more significant stress release in the other areas of the Pacific Plate?

Holy crap! Watching the USGS site live I just noticed there continues to be almost simultaneous mirroring quakes in the Sitkin Island area and the Kermadec Islands!

Has anything like this ever been observed before?

edit on 23-6-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: changes.......

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Closed.

top topics

join