It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect More Fireworks At Tonight's Prime-time Oversight Hearing on IRS Obstruction...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Destinyone

We had our gut feelings of yes they did, but no one had as of yet, come out in a committee hearing to confirm it.

We got that today. Straight from the horses mouth to all of our ears.

We did?

Could you please elaborate on that?

It's funny how people seem to keep making vague claims with no details.

I'm sorry you have symptoms of Alzheimer's...maybe you are much older than I thought. OK, to refresh your memory because I always try to help the handicapped...

National Archives boss: IRS ‘did not follow the law’ on lost Lerner emails

The top U.S. official in charge of archiving federal records testified Tuesday that the IRS ran afoul of the law by neglecting to tell his office that a trove of emails from the woman at the center of the targeting scandal disappeared after an apparent hard drive crash.

Archivist of the U.S. David Ferriero, speaking before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, made clear that federal agencies are supposed to report whenever their records are destroyed or even accidentally deleted. But he said that after emails from embattled IRS official Lois Lerner vanished after a computer failure in 2011, nobody told the National Archives.

"They did not follow the law," Ferriero said.
www.foxnews.com...

Maybe you should write it down this time, as to not forget it...again...

Des

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just like they can't provide any statue in the IRS tax code that gives them the authority for us (i.e. individuals) to pay income taxes. Yet, every tax court and magistrate will automatically find any citizen guilty, despite the government not having to show evidence of the law. Citizens who present such evidence that no statue exists authorizing the IRS to legally collect income taxes from individuals, often hear a magistrate instruct a jury that they can't take evidence presented by the accused into account, thereby making each judgement an automatic guilty sentence.

The income tax and the IRS is the biggest scam every perpetrated on the American people, and we live in fear of them if we don't pay. I pay only because the consequences if I didn't would be far greater to my family than anything they could do to me as an individual.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone OK, to refresh your memory because I always try to help

It's amazing to me that the IRS can admit to wrong doing, apologize for it, the President can go on TV and talk about how unacceptable it is, the top Federal Archivist can say, "The IRS did not follow the law" related to the loss of documents (while an investigation was underway!), and STILL the ideologues can bring themselves to post in this thread and say, "The IRS was just doing it's job. There is no proof of wrongdoing here. It's just a witch hunt".

Staggering.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
These IRS people were getting bonuses that were ridiculous.

No matter what you do you can't get fired.

It was all hands on deck to get this man re-elected.

The truth is, for there own greed. They made sure the opposition could not form.

They stole the Election.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: _Del_

Some of the Obamabots wouldn't believe the IRS did any wrong even if, Obama himself, came to their homes and told them to their face.

Des

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The problem with what your saying is that they had a company that all they do is backups, Backing up everything until just around the time Her hard drive crashed. So the backup was there and that company most likely was not on old outdated computers. a reply to: jimmyx

edit on 25-6-2014 by simpleman14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: simpleman14

I think occam's razor applies in this case, and this is the fact that the emails contained such damning evidence as to shift blame towards the white house, that any and all attempts were made to find these emails on any PC, laptop, backup server, tape, ISP provider, etc.. and then erase that info, while inventing the "crashed hard drive" theory because the American public is just stupid enough to believe this lie.

It wouldn't surprise me if the NSA was involved in erasing this data and threatening anyone who works at the IRS who might come out as a whistleblower. Personnel may have even been made to sign a NDA.

I guarantee you that within the next 10 - 30 years, someone who is involved in this coverup is going to come out with a book detailing how the WH and the IRS conspired together to help throw the 2012 election by selectively targeting conservative groups.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Here is a question I want asked.

To the IRS.

With a budget of $12.8 BILLION dollars why the hell are they still using 'tape backups'.

That has a severe lack of that 'backup' part.

Believe it or not, tapes are a preferred backup method due to their longevity and stability versus disks or discs. I never would have believed it until I started working in IT for a large company that uses tapes for their backups. Until recently they were using some pretty old drives... But they got the job done. Eventually there was an upgrade to some modern IBM tape libraries (pretty nifty machines actually!).

Now, regarding the 'missing emails', this whole thing is BS. I can't believe the main excuse was/is that a single 'hard drive crashed'. Unless they each have individual servers on their PC's and perform next to no backups... Truth is they probably use Outlook, which means they have a Microsoft exchange server, which they probably back up regularly.

And didn't they hire a company for backups? No way that company had old and outdated equipment. This whole thing is BS.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spinx

Finally someone else who actually recognizes that tape backups are a totally reasonable thing for them to have. Neat fact for everyone, that huge NSA datacenter in Utah? It uses tape also. Tape is very good for certain applications, far better than other options.

As far as the whole hard drive crash excuse goes, it's BS. Anyone with a bit of tech knowledge could tell you that, but to people who aren't very technical it sounds like a plausible excuse and gives the lawyers time to come up with other statements as they figure out what direction the line of questioning is going to take. One of the biggest problems we have today is that those in these high level positions aren't technical people, we have no technology experts in positions that matter in government so excuses like a hard drive crash or other random technical issues actually work for a time, and in the long term bad policy gets created which causes these issues in the first place.

It's possible the emails themselves aren't there, data retention laws are a bit burdensome for companies with large amounts of data so I could see an IT policy where certain stuff that is deemed non essential simply isn't archived beyond a few months. Those in charge would only be all too happy to implement such a policy because it's easier on their budget. That doesn't make it legal or right but it happens all the time in the private sector so it's not out of line to believe it happens in the public sector either.

What's important here is what exactly is missing. If it's these emails specifically we have a real problem, this would be like Nixon's missing tape. If it's large batches of emails of which this is simply a small subset there's no way to prove intent one way or the other and it's just poor data policy at which point some random IT guy is going to take the fall.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join