It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect More Fireworks At Tonight's Prime-time Oversight Hearing on IRS Obstruction...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
a reply to: kruphix

one can be convicted of murder without a body.

you put this infront of a jury now and all them idiots would go to jail.

Tsingstao,
I'm not siding with the kid, because believe me, I can't wait 'til his parents come home from their vacation, but there has been a court case in Ohio where there was a conviction with no body.
Vincent Doan

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

No, this thread is a load of blathering over a non-scandal. The IRS looked into a number of institutions and people. That's their job. They have to investigate if claims that someone works for a non-profit organisation are true or not. And they investigated left-wing groups just as much as right wing groups, as even Joe Scarborough has admitted. This is a manufactured scandal that lets people like Issa go on TV and shout at people, thus making them look relevant. Why can't the House turn to more relevant matters like passing a freaking jobs bill, or looking at the shocking state of the highways and bridges in America? Oh wait, there's too much blame on both sides for that, not enough red meat to throw at the ravening Tea Partiers out there. My mistake, what was I thinking?
You want to know why that guy from the IRS was sneering at Issa? He was thinking, correctly as well: "What a posturing tool".
The House is a joke right now. They are betraying their constituents by doing nothing. You want to know why Boehner has this empty, tired, strained look on his face all the time? Because he knows that he is going to go down in history as the worst, most pathetically powerless, least influential Speaker of the House of all time.

edit on 25-6-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Destroying evidence is a manufactured scandal? If there really wasn't "even a smidgen of corruption", as POTUS said, then the IRS would have gladly turned over any and all emails.

And the IRS targeted these groups at precisely the same time Obama brought them up. It was disproportionate.

That "guy" from the IRS is a puppet and when he is longer of any use, will be disposed of.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2

Destroying evidence is a manufactured scandal? If there really wasn't "even a smidgen of corruption", as POTUS said, then the IRS would have gladly turned over any and all emails.

And the IRS targeted these groups at precisely the same time Obama brought them up. It was disproportionate.

That "guy" from the IRS is a puppet and when he is longer of any use, will be disposed of.

Is there any evidence at all of any 'destroyed evidence'? Nothing I've seen so far makes me think that there is. I see an average IT department though. I've lost count of the number of hard drives that I've seen or heard of having died. And which groups are you talking about? Because from what I've seen the IRS looked both left wing and right wing groups and people. Issa has been looking at this for a year or more. And he has nothing. Nowt. Bupkiss.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Funny how the hard drive crash only targeted specific individuals associated with this scandal. But, then again, most "average" IT people know this isn't how email works.

You can go back to your Obama worshiping now.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Funny how the hard drive crash only targeted specific individuals associated with this scandal. But, then again, most "average" IT people know this isn't how email works.

And you can go back to your faux-scandal now. But at least it's not Benghazi.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

depends on how old the hardware is....the federal government is notorious for having outdated antiquated equipment...even in private companies...case in point, I was tasked with doing upgrades for the millienuim 2-digit problem back in 1999. Hartford insurance (one of the worlds biggest insurers at the time) was the client. when we initially went in, their data was stored on 286's from the 80's, the ones where you changed out pronged chipsets, and dozens of switchable jumpers were needed to effect changes. storage was in the megabytes, and 4 megs of ram was as much as could be installed. the federal government has had antiquated systems in a lot of different agencies...and lets not forget tape drives (ancient by today's standards), have plastic gears and other fallible parts. and do you think they had adequate maintenance schedules for the tens of thousands of devices throughout the different agencies, all with different funding mandates? so, as a former "IT guy", I'm not surprised.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

What is even funnier is the fact that Lois Lerner herself made a statement in May, 2013, saying that yes, these groups had been targeted, but by lower level agents.

Yet people here will say the IRS did nothing wrong???

Investigating to make sure that the whole truth comes out, and then she pleads the 5th?

Yet some people on here will claim the IRS is not hiding anything.

Then it comes to light yesterday that the IRS did IN FACT break the law, by not informing the National Archives of the missing emails.

Yet you still have people on here saying: "They didn't do anything wrong, they didn't break any laws."

I some times wonder if some of these people have attention spans that are about as short as the stick they get hit with.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I'd maybe buy some if this if the backup company that the IRS hired didn't make a big deal about it on Twitter back in 2009.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Some people are die-hard enough that they will throw themselves on the grenade if they deem that it would benefit their political affiliations. Personally, I believe in certain ideals that a government should posses, no matter who is in the majority.

To throw critical thinking out the window because you feel personally threatened by a fact-finding investigation only reveals the true nature of those in vehement disagreement with said investigation. Calling this a faux-scandal doesn't make it true.

I think we could logically assume that had this happened under Bush's watch, there would have been calls for his impeachment, not only from every MSM network (minus FOX), but from just about every democrat in Congress as well.
edit on 25-6-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Unless you know what they are running or what backup procedures they have in place, everything you just wrote means absolutely nothing.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here's a thought,,,what if it was the NSA that hacked and crashed L Learners , Laptop,,and Desktop Work station.?

and thus "You want to know why that guy from the IRS was sneering at Issa?" becomes a sneer of

"cause u cant handle the truth!!",,,sneer.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

depends on how old the hardware is....the federal government is notorious for having outdated antiquated equipment...even in private companies...case in point, I was tasked with doing upgrades for the millienuim 2-digit problem back in 1999. Hartford insurance (one of the worlds biggest insurers at the time) was the client. when we initially went in, their data was stored on 286's from the 80's, the ones where you changed out pronged chipsets, and dozens of switchable jumpers were needed to effect changes. storage was in the megabytes, and 4 megs of ram was as much as could be installed. the federal government has had antiquated systems in a lot of different agencies...and lets not forget tape drives (ancient by today's standards), have plastic gears and other fallible parts. and do you think they had adequate maintenance schedules for the tens of thousands of devices throughout the different agencies, all with different funding mandates? so, as a former "IT guy", I'm not surprised.

I see nothing that you list that would prevent a forensic recovery of the lost data. If this recovery was tried and failed please provide the name of the company/individuals that attempted the recovery. The IRS cannot supply that name and then they wonder why 76% polled as not buying it. lol
edit on 25-6-2014 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

"as a former "IT guy", I'm not surprised. "

im not surprised either,,,"former",,,, the only part i believe.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Honestly...

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Thanks bunches...just shared on FB...

Des

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

And...they all lived happily ever after...end of fairy tail.

Yep...need some back up facts and links to make this more than a fairy tale.

Des

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Well then.

In your expert professional opinion,

How come they failed to recover the data when the hard drives allegedly "crashed" ?

It was on the backup tapes and probably on servers as well.

And I would think many of the already produced emails were also backed up the same way.

Strange.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

We had our gut feelings of yes they did, but no one had as of yet, come out in a committee hearing to confirm it.

We got that today. Straight from the horses mouth to all of our ears.

We did?

Could you please elaborate on that?

It's funny how people seem to keep making vague claims with no details.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sorry.

Looks like you won't get the "Last Word".

The IRS does not make law.

But they sure assume they can break laws and dream up new ones all by themselves.

They targeted these "special" groups without just cause or reasonable suspicion. That's a clear violation of the "equal protecting under the law" clause.

If they had the legal authority, they would have already shown what law(s) give them the authority.

They have not done that. And neither has the White House or the Justice Department.

Therefore;

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join