It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect More Fireworks At Tonight's Prime-time Oversight Hearing on IRS Obstruction...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
a reply to: kruphix

Is it not possible that the "personal reasons" are that they think the IRS has been less than forthcoming in their response and that there might be a conflict of interest due to the nature of the matter? Is that not what a Special Prosecutor is for? Or the only option is that almost one out of ten Democrats in the House suddenly dropped the party line to help legitimize an investigation that is pure theatre according to you?

Did you not read my reply?

Or, it is possible that they honestly think something is going on...again, that is their own opinion.

Not sure what else you want me to say.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Right after the famous Citizens United case.

LOL Guess he, and the Lerners should have actually read that ruling.

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. ___ (2010), (Docket No. 08-205), is a US constitutional law case. The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting political independent expenditures by corporations, associations, or labor unions. T

en.wikipedia.org...

So there is another LAW that Lerner and company BROKE.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You cannot read that time line and not see how uncooperative the IRS has been in the matter. The IRS has already admitted that they broke the law. El Presidente went on TV to tell us how "angry" he was. It was "inexcusable". That is not a phony scandal. This investigation is to find the scope of that illegal activity. I do not see how one can look at tbe facts and think the IRS has been fully cooperative.
Congressmen do not like being lied to. That is why this is ongoing. No matter what the letter by their name is. They prefer to be the ones doing the lying.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Did you not read my reply?

I did. You hit all the talking points without actually answering the question. Republican. Circus. Witch hunt. "Personal reasons".
edit on 24-6-2014 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

US Archivist: The IRS ‘did not follow the law’

Refresh my memory ?

If you don't follow the LAW. What is that called ?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think it has become fairly obvious.

They used Government Agencies to completely silence their political opposition.

This was done to make sure the President got re-elected at any cost.

Look at the bonuses these people were receiving paid for by us.

They were going to keep this gravy train going.

Now, they have to lie. The truth is too horrible and should offend every American.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It does offend every on except those who are circling the wagons hoping to save the king.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

In their official capacity they don't get to plead the fifth.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Remember I told you that political perception was reality? All the spin is a waste of time. Well here you go. Talk to John Q. Public about the spin. They are not buying it.

Latest poll has 76% believing the the emails were deliberately destroyed. Not looking good for Ds in Nov.

Link

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
There was DEFINITE collusion between the LEFT and the IRS.

Anyone remember this golden nugget ?

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) claimed Tuesday in an interview that Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns because he didn’t pay taxes for 10 years.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Now IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

Reid: 'Extremely credible source' said Romney didn't pay taxes for decade

That 'credible' source ?

Let me guess ?

Lerner ?

Or

Koskenin ?
edit on 24-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I am not a "smidgen" expert.

However, I think it's safe to say there is a "smidgen" of corruption.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Would a smidgen be more that a boat load and less than a S*** load?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

I'll tell you. Say nothing more. You only appear to be a badly programmed Obamabot if you continue.

The IRS broke the law... as our Presedente likes to say...PERIOD.

Des

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Remember I told you that political perception was reality? All the spin is a waste of time. Well here you go. Talk to John Q. Public about the spin. They are not buying it.

Latest poll has 76% believing the the emails were deliberately destroyed. Not looking good for Ds in Nov.

Link

I'm not surprised.....the story is just so wishy washy:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Great cartoon! I was thinking some about this. I almost wished that the Rs did contrive this whole deal. It would reinforce my hope that they can make smart enough moves together to take back the Senate.

Think about it, the IRS is hated and feared, find something that allows you to rail against them as evil and corrupt. That is just what the public would like to hear. I know that it is real but I am just speculating that it couldn't have been better if contrived.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Say nothing more. You only appear to be a badly programmed Obamabot if you continue.

Excellent advice to all IRS defenders. If Slick Willy were still in office he would already have read the tea leaves. The IRS scandal is getting traction on the major nets now. Slick Willy would have targeted Lois and half a dozen others who would resign (or else). Then fire the IRS leadership and declare victory. Followup with a Slick Willy speech pledging renewed controls and oversight. It would have been long forgotten before Nov. Obama is no Slick Willy. Ego is what kills Obama, the same for Mrs. Clinton, but Slick Willy….no ego as long as he gets what he wants. Don't think that I am a fan of Slick Willy, he is a POS, but a pretty smart POS.
edit on 24-6-2014 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I don't think any political group or politicians are quite that smart........well, maybe they might try something like that, but they sure do not seem to know how to cover their tracks, ha!

I mean when you think about it: why use their email system to communicate doing something that is against the law? Any one should know that you'd never want to leave a paper trail like that.

Unless of course you think that you're so powerful that you'll never get caught, or investigated.

Speaking of which, during all this, I've been paying attention to body language of the people having to testify.

Here on ATS and other internet forums, many times posts get misunderstood simply because we can't see the body language or facial expressions of the people posting. Both body language and facial expressions lend quite a bit to communication.

When I was watching Lois Lerner, I was seeing very defensive body language. Her expressions most of the time on her face was (in my opinion): Contempt.

Not 100% of the time, but quite a few times, as though she was expressing contempt at being questioned, and looking like she should not have to be there.

John Koskinen seemed, for the most part, to convey a sort of "grandfatherly" image, as though to say: "These things are just beyond your understanding", while other times he gave off the image of an elderly man being picked on by the big, mean congress:

I have to admit, his body language and facial expressions were a lot harder to read.

David Ferriero? He looked MAD. And I don't mean because he was having to answer questions. He looked like what he really wanted to say was: "Lock these SOBs up and throw away the key! They broke the law!" mad.

Jennifer O'Connor to me looked frustrated and mostly a "Why am I here?" look about her.

Just my opinion, but I think body language and facial expressions can say a lot sometimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: BobAthome
IT WAS A LAPTOP?????????????

NOBODY SAID A LAPTOP!!!!!!!!

sweet jebus

So then we know that it being a laptop it HAD to be backed up for sure somewhere off site, knowing that she was traveling with it and things could get lost and confidential information be compromised or missing

They said that email system was based on Outlook Express, so it was downloading emails from somewhere and saving them to the laptop user account. The laptop woud have only be used for office admin work, so it would just be emails, powerpoint presentations and spreadsheets being edited.

Laptop drives can be encrypted. There are different ways, you can encrypt the entire disk drive or just encrypt your home directory (and any downloaded emails). If the PC is stolen, the hard disk drive extracted and plugged into another system, even with a sys-admin account, they won't be able to read the data unless they have a few million years or a supercomputer.

This is the sort of poopstorm that blows up when someone messes up the IT hardware. Some people will get defensive, others will get angry.

edit on 24-6-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
Of course it's not an admission of guilt, but a person who has nothing to hide (and is innocent of any wrong doing) should feel comfortable having a conversation about the topic at hand. When you plead the 5th, you are essentially telling the world you are guilty and that it's your job to prove it...

Incorrect. They're on a witchhunt and suspect you. Anything you say is going to be twisted to fit preconceived notions. Saying anything, even explanations as to why you aren't guilty is going to be used against you. That is why people take the 5th. It's an expression that the questioner isn't unbiased, so there's no reason to give them more to use against you.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: kruphix

I'll tell you. Say nothing more. You only appear to be a badly programmed Obamabot if you continue.

The IRS broke the law... as our Presedente likes to say...PERIOD.

Des

What law did they break again?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join