It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Expect More Fireworks At Tonight's Prime-time Oversight Hearing on IRS Obstruction...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Which is why I think we should applaud those 26 Democrats in the House who decided to forgo party lines and vote to approve a Special Prosecutor.

I know that ruins the narrative that this is a phony scandal and investigation that Republicans have invented, so feel free to ignore it like many other posters do...

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: _Del_
a reply to: Destinyone

Which is why I think we should applaud those 26 Democrats in the House who decided to forgo party lines and vote to approve a Special Prosecutor.

I know that ruins the narrative that this is a phony scandal and investigation that Republicans have invented, so feel free to ignore it like many other posters do...

I do applaud them Del. They give me hope that there is a rift in the Dem Party where others who see the light regarding the IRS, can cross over to the side of the people, not the political system.

It doesn't ruin the narrative at all Del. I've been plastering social media with the message that the only change that will ever happen is if...We the People, get off our collective asses and vote the self serving career politicians out of office...no matter what side of the isle. That the divisive, our party vs their party, doesn't matter any more. It only keeps those that need to go, in office.

I think a lot of my friends agree with me, as they are so fed up with the political system as it stands. they want to wipe the slate clean. A reboot in Washington with all new players. People who *know* it was the voters that got them into office. Not old DC money from pacts with the same old agendas.

Des

edit on 24-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Don't know if there's been a reply to this yet, and I'm not interested in arguing politics, but tapes are still the standard for mass data storage. They're expensive, but the read/write times are faster than disk, and tape cartridges are designed to be quickly interchangeable and more durable.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: kruphix

I'm curious.

If this were a conservative administration and the IRS had been targeting leftist organisations, would you still be defending the administration and the IRS?

At this point in the investigation, I would have the same opinion I do now no matter who was "targeted".

When it is 75 out 300 applications targeted...and the Tea Party was a new and growing organization...I don't think it is unreasonable for the IRS to do what it did.

Has there been any other evidence uncovered that says this was a huge conspiracy?

Has there been anything to suggest that the white house was involved at all?

What convinces you that there is something else going on that you support the continuation of this investigation?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Until someone can show me Evidence that this was not a criminal act i will have to believe it was.

That's not how justice works in this country. You can't accuse someone of something and tell them until they prove they are innocent, they are guilty.

And i will have to believe Obama knew and was a active part in the dirty tricks using the IRS against the republicans.

Please explain this line of thought.

What links Obama to this at all???

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Its a question of can/does the White House,
or Office of the President,, able to use the IRS for Political means.
And if it can/does what rules in place are there, which must be followed?

Can the President use the IRS as an arrow in his quiver?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

"What links Obama to this at all??? " its the Office of the President , that is important, not the man.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Tell that to the IRS that has the power to put all American people in the position of having to prove them wrong, in order to be right.

Can't find that receipt they claim you have...tough crap...they can take your paycheck and home, whatever they want and you are SOL.

So you are wrong. With the IRS you are guilty until proven innocent. And no court action is going to help you.

Des

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

"What links Obama to this at all??? " its the Office of the President , that is important, not the man.

Ok, what links the Office of the President to any of this?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Tell that to the IRS that has the power to put all American people in the position of having to prove them wrong, in order to be right.

Can't find that receipt they claim you have...tough crap...they can take your paycheck and home, whatever they want and you are SOL.

So you are wrong. With the IRS you are guilty until proven innocent. And no court action is going to help you.

Des

That's really not how an IRS audit works.

In an IRS audit, you have submitted a document and signed it saying that all the things you have submitted are true and you have the documentation to prove it.

If you can't prove it...you aren't "guilty"...they just adjust your filing to remove that item and then you will probably owe additional taxes.

I'm sorry, but I don't share your disdain for the IRS...I pay my taxes.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Des

I think Willie Nelson can verify this. The IRS got it all. They are unique in that you are guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Des

That's really not how an IRS audit works.

In an IRS audit, you have submitted a document and signed it saying that all the things you have submitted are true and you have the documentation to prove it.

If you can't prove it...you aren't "guilty"...they just adjust your filing to remove that item and then you will probably owe additional taxes.

I'm sorry, but I don't share your disdain for the IRS...I pay my taxes.

And if it was that easy, there would be no need for tax attorneys. Now if I could just get the IRS to sign a document saying the tried really hard to save all those emails.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

And if it was that easy, there would be no need for tax attorneys. Now if I could just get the IRS to sign a document saying the tried really hard to save all those emails.

It is that easy if you don't try to cheat on your taxes.

If you do try to cheat on your taxes, then yes...you will probably need an attorney.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You are so naive...the more you post, the younger and less attuned to real life you appear.

Des

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If you do try to cheat on your taxes, then yes...you will probably need an attorney.

You must be an IRS employee, you post like they audit. Guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
Its a question of can/does the White House,
or Office of the President,, able to use the IRS for Political means.
And if it can/does what rules in place are there, which must be followed?

Can the President use the IRS as an arrow in his quiver?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You are so naive...the more you post, the younger and less attuned to real life you appear.

Des

LOL...if you only knew.

I'll give you a hint though...I pay more in taxes then most people make in a year.

It is not naivety, it is the lack of living in a fantasy world of over the top conspiracy. It's the lack of paranoia and delusion. I don't have the false sense of importance where I think my words or actions on a message board or facebook are going to change the world.

Life and reality are simple...it's only when people introduce self drama that makes it complicated.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You must be an IRS employee, you post like they audit. Guilty until proven innocent.

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not.

And like I said before, with the IRS it is not guilty until proven innocent. It is, prove you were being truthful on your statement.

When you file your taxes and you sign them...you are making a declaration that everything you are submitting is truth and you have the proper documentation to back it up.

You are trying to compare apples to oranges.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

ROFLMAO!!!!

omg...hang on.....trying to get my breath here. Was laughing so hard.

Right....so those people that the IRS went after for debts that their PARENTS owed.........people who were also "paying their taxes" just like the good people should, and not cheating..........

Ah you're a trusting soul. Especially when you're the only one here really (and I do mean really) trying to defend the IRS.

I think we should go back to how the government ran things before 1913. NO IRS.

Who's with me? Say "Aye!"

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

"Aye!"

Des

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join