It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Jordan Falls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I read this morning that Iraq has lost control on it's side of the Iraq/Jordan Border.
Which got me to wondering what would happen if the Jordanian government suffered the same fate of Egypt, Syria, Libya?
What if ISIS/ISIL were to expand into Jordan?
How do you think various Governments would respond?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My impression of Jordan is that it is full of Palestinians going back to Arafat's time, plus it has umpteen refugee camps, more than an other middle east country. If I'm correct in this, what would be their motive and what would they gain by attacking Jordan?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mash3d
I read this morning that Iraq has lost control on it's side of the Iraq/Jordan Border.
Which got me to wondering what would happen if the Jordanian government suffered the same fate of Egypt, Syria, Libya?
What if ISIS/ISIL were to expand into Jordan?
How do you think various Governments would respond?

Jordan will not fall, many of the militants are coming from that country, it would be suicide to attack the country who helped train and arm you.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I hope Jordan doesn't end up in the same situation as Syria and Iraq. I've been to Amman a few times on business and I can say that the people are friendly, educated and ambitious to succeed. I'd rather see our money go there to prop them up than some other places.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
A new Caliphate is the intention.

Most of the temporary nations in the Middle East have not existed for very long have they?

The next Caliphate will be religious/political/energy based.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I asked because I haven't kept up much with whats happening internally in Jordan. I remember their former King Hussein was a moderate. Their current King Abdullah II also seems to be fairly moderate. And Jordan has close ties to the west with the U.S. training some of their troops and buying F-16s from the U.S.
If they are too moderate for ISIS/ISIL is hard to say.
The Syrian Conflict to the north is creating problems with more refuges. A new conflict in Iraq won't help Jordan very much.
From what I've looked up there is a large native tribal presence that does have some worries about the Palestinian and Syrian refuges gaining more political power. That issue alone may bring problem onto the Jordanian government.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: mash3d
The Jordanian regime may well end up being a target for Isis-They have said they want other countries including Israel,Lebannon and Jordan to be part of their caliphate.
They want Isreal because they believe it to be Palestine under occupation by the Jews.
They want to take over the entire middle east-they even mentioned Cyprus as a potential target.
I heard all of the above from RT,but don't have a link to the report.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A caliphate has been a goal for various Muslim leaders for ages.
It's been a sort of a rallying cry like bringing back the glory of Rome or the South will Rise again.
I doubt that isis/isil will be the ones to bring it about. But they could be subverted by a leader with more influence and money.
Various people are already trying to devise ways to use isis/isil for their own goals. Benyamin Netanyahu has already suggested that isis/isil invade Iran and restart the Iran/Iraq war.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
ISIS has already begun its invasion of Jordan and Saudi Arabia. We are about to see the fulfillment of Jeremiah 49. The Jordanian King will go into exile, the terrorists will fight each other over his throne, Amman, the Jordanian Capital will be nuked and Israel will regain the land in Jordan that is rightfully belongs to them.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Although ISIS gets it origens as group that tried to overthrow Jordans king and failed running to hide in Iraq after, right now ISIS is not a single group. The bulk of ISIS manpower and military leaders come from the Sunni and ex Saddam Miltary in Iraq. While ISIS may want do more, they would have to do it without most of the troops they have supporting them in Iraq. And Jordan has very close ties with both the US and the West, Israel and on the verge of joining a mlitary alliance with the Gulf States and Morocco (with Egypt to possibly join later now that US funding is back). So Jordan has tons of support. On top of that Jordan has 100K well trained well equiped troops on active duty. Jordan would be a hard nut to crack and Saudi and GCC forces would be quick to deplot and back them. Along with Western support and covert Israeli support. Taking on Jordan would be the worst mistake ISIS could make.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I think Isis will eventually diminish and lose it's credibility (if any) and influence amongst all nations all over the world.Even if they were able to topple a regime and take charge themselves,it wouldn't have been very long before people started to rebel and rise up against them...Who in their right minds want to be under a fanatic terrorist regime established and financed by other countries corporations...The only thing they are good for is to pump them all up and send them to confront an organized military force so they can all go to where they really belong.But puppet masters be aware,they can easily drag you in with them as well.

new topics

top topics

join