It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Surface of Senator McCain With Members of ISIS in Syria before Iraq Rampage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
This reminds me of 2006 when McCain was linking Iran with Al-Qaeda. He has never been all that knowledgeable on the region or their conflicts, he just likes war.

He pretends to be stupid so he can appeal to the lowest common denominator of supporters, who have so little insight into politics that they blindly support anything the politicians say.

Senator McCain would not be where he is now if he was truly stupid or a problem for the American deepstate. After making so many friends with terrorists abroad, why has McCain's plane always made it back to the American homeland without suffering a terribly unfortunately accident?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
McCain is a man I'd say was once a war hero. He was too, and no one, in my opinion, can take that away from the man. I'm not going to debate that side of it, as his actions and refusal of additional things in Hanoi are public record from the times.

However, he's gone from a man our nation could and should rightly be proud of to a man who ought to be most grateful the statutes on Treason are no longer enforced to any degree which matters...and things like the Logan Act aren't even talked about to enforce anymore.

The man would never breathe free air outside a prison again if we were still a nation based on law. It's a damn shame we aren't.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper and deeper.

From: McCain tells Saudis to fund what has become ISIS, 'Thank God for the Saudis': ISIS, Iraq, and the Lessons of Blowback

U.S lawmakers encouraged officials in Riyadh to arm Syrian rebels. Now that strategy may have created a monster in the Middle East.

It wasn't just McCain trying to get money and arms to Syrian rebels, it was also Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC).

“Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar,” John McCain told CNN’s Candy Crowley in January 2014. “Thank God for the Saudis and Prince Bandar, and for our Qatari friends,” the senator said once again a month later, at the Munich Security Conference.

McCain was praising Prince Bandar bin Sultan, then the head of Saudi Arabia’s intelligence services and a former ambassador to the United States, for supporting forces fighting Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria. McCain and Senator Lindsey Graham had previously met with Bandar to encourage the Saudis to arm Syrian rebel forces.

ISIS, in fact, may have been a major part of Bandar’s covert-ops strategy in Syria. The Saudi government, for its part, has denied allegations, including claims made by Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, that it has directly supported ISIS.

"Bandar Bush" and the Republicans have a long history together. It is worth noting that Bandar (and his wife) were documented channeling money to the 911 hijackers when they were in the US through HSBC. (HSBC was later convicted of laundering drug money and terrorism funds.)

If you want to know just how ISIS became powerful enough to take on Assad, and push their jihad agenda in Iraq, just look at these two US senators and Prince Bandar.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

You should reread your sources. The support was to the FSA and not ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Qatar have also reevaluated the support by removing certain groups for the support list.

Trying to argue that the rebels are all ISIS is about as ignorant as the pro Russians stating the entire Ukraine government is made up of Nazi's.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

ISIS formed OUT of the F.S.A. and the same physical people who formed one, now form the core of the other in many cases. The FSA still exists in it's own right, and one isn't the same thing as the other by any stretch. However, in terms of assistance to the FSA translating to what has now become helpful skills and equipment to ISIS?

It's a difference without much distinction in my view. We created this mess in at least helping to form the foundation it sprang from. That's enough, and another reason to stop meddling in OTHER people's nations all over the planet. Bad things happen and we've come to just shrug it off and walk away.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Wrabbit,

When the following exchange took place on national tv, McCain displayed moral courage and bravery in the face of public ire.

... one woman who said she had heard that the Democrat was "an Arab."

Each time he tried to cool the crowd, he was rewarded with a round of boos.

"I have to tell you. Sen. Obama is a decent person and a person you don’t have to be scared of as president of the United States," McCain told a supporter at a town hall meeting in Minnesota who said he was “scared” of the prospect of an Obama presidency and of who the Democrat would appoint to the Supreme Court.

“Come on, John!” one audience member yelled out as the Republican crowd expressed dismay at their nominee. Others yelled "liar," and "terrorist," referring to Obama.

McCain passed his wireless microphone to one woman who said, "I can't trust Obama. I have read about him and he's not, he's not uh — he's an Arab. He's not — " before McCain retook the microphone and replied:

"No, ma'am. He's a decent family man [and] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues and that's what this campaign's all about. He's not [an Arab]."

We should be a nation of law and justice. Unfortunately, justice was locked up in a closet years ago. Those of us who can still hear her speak, communicate with her, in the same fashion as the prisoners in the Hanoi Hilton communicated, helping each other to remain alive in body and spirit.

McCain is an example of the war hawk, not the chicken hawks. Unfortunately, money has had the loudest voice, and McCain got the most $$$:

Senators who backed Syria resolution got 83 per cent more defense lobby money than those who voted against it, campaign finance numbers show

IMO John McCain has allowed himself to be a useful tool. Remember his war hawk talk of Georgia? The Georgian govt had signed up for PR work with Orion Strategies, a PR firm of Randy Scheunemann, lobbyist and adviser to John McCain’s presidential campaign. Much of what Americans hear is PR. ....anyone remember the hoax story told before Congress of the Iraqi soldiers throwing babies out of their incubators, the PR that helped decide minds to get us into the first Gulf War?

Propaganda no longer has to come direct from govt but from PR firms and "non-profits" used by those govts. I guess you could say that propaganda has been privatized lol
edit on 26-6-2014 by desert because: grammer

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

So when it states Saudi Arabia and Qatar are providing financial and military support, and the US is not, its the US fault?

Yes ISIS formed from the FSA, which is where my comment came into play in terms of Saudi Arabia and Qatar reevaluating the support they provide and to whom it goes to.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

ISIS didn't just spring up out of the ground. It formed out of Al Qaeda in Iraq and the FSA and Al Nusra. Chances are, tomorrow it will be called something else.

It still doesn't excuse US Senators making covert meeting with these members of conspiring with Saudis to fund and arm them.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Trying to argue that the rebels are all ISIS is about as ignorant as the pro Russians stating the entire Ukraine government is made up of Nazi's.

The entire Ukraine government cabinet are all made and formed of Fascist and far left members there is a list of each government cabinet members, and none of them have a great record.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

So when it states Saudi Arabia and Qatar are providing financial and military support, and the US is not, its the US fault?

You'd expect me to give Washington a free pass on what Qatar and Saudi do as much in our names as with our encouragement? It doesn't have to be public to be obvious and suggesting it's not there is like saying the crack down on Shia in Bahrain had nothing whatsoever to do with the fact the US Navy's 5th Fleet is based in the tiny little nation. Things are ALL interconnected over there. That's Middle East 101.

I mean, Qatar may as well fly the U.S. flag next to their own, on their own state flag pole.

AL UDEID AIR BASE, Qatar — Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel’s visit to the advanced air operations center here this week was not just a stop at an important outpost of the United States military. It was also a major step forward for Pentagon transparency.

Not just any center...

The highly classified American facility, officially called the Combined Air and Space Operations Center, coordinated all of the attack and surveillance missions for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan — and would be equally critical if an American president decided that only bombs and missiles could halt Iran’s nuclear ambitions. It hosts liaison officers from 30 allies in Europe and the Persian Gulf.
Source

Like the infomercials tho...That's not all!

“Over the past several months, Qatar has experienced some friction with GCC partners, namely Saudi Arabia and UAE, principally due to Qatar’s perceived support of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and radical jihadist groups operating in Syria,” U.S. military Central Command chief Gen. Lloyd Austin said.

“Despite this, Qatar represents a voice able and willing to take a lead in the GCC’s ongoing pursuit of improved regional stability and security.”

Qatar hosts two forward headquarters and facilities for the U.S. Army and Air Force. Officials said the U.S. military presence could exceed 10,000 over the next few years.
Source

Those forward headquarters include U.S. Central Command at Doha, Qatar. To suggest Qatar even deploys for exercises without the U.S. being well aware of it seems silly.

The connections above and deep below board between Washington and the House of Saud go without saying and go back at least a couple decades as core to both nations. They keep us happy by not allowing embargoes, and we keep the Al Qaeda groups in Yemen occupied from their ultimate stated goal of retaking Saudi Arabia.

it's an onion of layered crap, in my personal opinion...and the US Eagle is up to it's wings in it.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

You should reread your sources. The support was to the FSA and not ISIS. Saudi Arabia and Qatar have also reevaluated the support by removing certain groups for the support list.

so now after your outright lie about ISIS forming in January 2014 you will ignore all of that and continue with your derailing and misinformation?

why you're even bringing Ukraine - Russia into discussion, your comparison is invalid and is your own personal opinion (or is it?)

see, I didn't see anybody here claiming that "the rebels are all ISIS".

how about we discuss facts? that is what you like to do.

the facts, not the facts.

I mean the real, official facts, not "our" facts...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

The entire Ukraine government cabinet are all made and formed of Fascist and far left members there is a list of each government cabinet members, and none of them have a great record.

Don't you mean "far right"?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I agree. That is what I meant... and pretty much what I said in my post.

"It is generally a mistake to categorize their combat units like we would with regular armed forces though"

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

If the meeting were covert McCain would not be posing for pictures.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Yes people are claiming the groups in question are all ISIS members.
Just as certain peoples keep repeating the lie about the Ukraine government being made up of fascists and Nazis. As with this case, you guys ignore facts when they don't support your agenda.

The group ISIS was formed in January 2014 - This is not an opinion, it is fact.

Just as the Ukraine government is not made up of all fascists or Nazis. The group in question there holds 35 seats out of 450. The Russian version of the Fascists / Nazi holds 54 seats in the Russian Duma.

If you are going to lecture or dismiss, learn the facts first. It will save you embarrassment by repeating the same over and over while providing nothing to support your claim (where as I have done that).

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: demus

Yes people are claiming the groups in question are all ISIS members.
Just as certain peoples keep repeating the lie about the Ukraine government being made up of fascists and Nazis. As with this case, you guys ignore facts when they don't support your agenda.

The group ISIS was formed in January 2014 - This is not an opinion, it is fact.

Just as the Ukraine government is not made up of all fascists or Nazis. The group in question there holds 35 seats out of 450. The Russian version of the Fascists / Nazi holds 54 seats in the Russian Duma.

If you are going to lecture or dismiss, learn the facts first. It will save you embarrassment by repeating the same over and over while providing nothing to support your claim (where as I have done that).

Yet it looks embarrassing to me when you claim that we all think that all the insurgents in Syria are ISIL, or all the people in the Ukrainian government are neo-nazis. It's a flat out lie.

We refer most to ISIL and neo-nazi factions in Ukraine because they hold the most power on their side, and are dictating what their side is doing.

As for the term fascist, too many people here do not seem to understand what it really means, hence why they get aggressively defensive when it is used to describe what their own ideology (or geopolitical "side") dictates. A self-imposed government in Ukraine run by billionaire oligarchs that are bombing their industrial regions to enforce compliance is fascism. A force of ultra-violent Islamists imposing their extremist view of Islam while executing infidels is again, fascist.

Are there moderate factions in Syria and Ukraine working with the fascists? Yes. Do they really matter now? No. The differentiation process pushes moderates into joining one of the two competing factions, the secular conservatives or the neo-liberal fascists. Otherwise they will be annihilated by both sides. This is why the FSA has become a mere support group for ISIL, and why the Ukrainian Army has been replaced by the National Guard in the assault of east Ukraine.
edit on 1-7-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vovin

You have no clue what you are talking about.

The photo was taken in 2013 with McCain. ISIS did not come into existence until 2014. These are not opinions, they are fact.

Just as not everyone in the Ukraine government are fascists. 35 members hold that political view while 50+ hold the same in the Russian government. Based on the ignorance of some and the logic they use then everyone in the Russian government are in fact fascists. right? You demonstrated my point when you referenced Russia above. You completely ignored what was stated and put your own spin on your response, trying to avoid the fact that Russia has more fascists in its government than Ukraine does.

Now do you think we can get back to facts instead of members living in make believe land whose sole purpose is to latch onto any argument and lie while trying to blame the US.

Putin met with Kim Jong UN recently. Does that mean he supports the North Korean regime and the methods they use? See the idiocy in that mindset and how it cuts both ways. Except in this case you guys intentionally ignore those facts.

Why?

Because your agenda is to label the US by using subterfuge and lies in hopes no one will actually research the claims made. That is exactly why people on your side of the fence like to make claims yet refuse to support those claims by linking to sources to support the claims.

The cold war is over with. Believe it or not it is ok for you and the others to disagree with what Putin does and says, just as I and others do when it comes to Obama and his lies. If you guys spent more time reading the counter argument you would see a LOT of Americans and Western nations don't care for Obama, the policies of the US / West / EU / NATO. Instead you guys would rather adopt an all or nothing ignorance position by trying to argue your point by accusing those who don't agree with you as fully supporting the west's position.

That's the problem and its created by individuals, much like yourself and others in this thread, who don't care about things like the truth, context or facts. So long as you can try and spin it to support a position based on fairy tales you guys have created.

Example - You guys attack me about my comments on ISIS yet not one of you has bothered to research when ISIS was formed, which was January 2014. Since you are so desperate to link McCain to them you guys do whatever you can to hide that fact.

You guys have ignored the date the picture was taken because, again, it means you guys will have a harder time trying to portray McCain as something he's not.

When you cant refute the facts you guys attack the person which is getting old. For an example read the posts made in this thread by that side of the fence and check to see how many times they attacked the person while not offering any information / sources to counter the claim.

Putin, and ironically enough the ISIS, rely on people who are weak willed and stupid who will believe what they are told instead of listening and then verifying what they are told.

Open your eyes.. Open you ears...

There is nothing wrong with verifying what Putin or ISIS claims before opting to believe it. Anything less and you are a part of the problem.

edit on 1-7-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

What the hell is your problem? You didn't even read my post. You just went on some tirade of irrelevant crap.

What does Putin going to North Korea, or John McCain, or ISIL, have to do with my response to your post where I was discussing the semantics of the dialectics of the use of terms of the debate? Absolutely nothing.

EDIT:

Oh and to top it off you claim that anyone who isn't saying the same things you say is "weak willed and stupid". You're a real piece of work, for the grandiose hypocrite that you are.
edit on 2-7-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If the meeting were covert McCain would not be posing for pictures.

Mr. McCain is one of their biggest puppets, though. And they've broken more promises to him than they have to all the dictators in the Middle East combined. ISIS is a tool. Y'all can figure out whose. I honestly don't care anymore. This world's going to hell, and soon, and we probably can't stop it.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

ISIS was in existence long before 2014

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join