It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright star flying around?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008
NO SH!T?! What else do you want me to call it considering I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. That's just what it looked like. What are you bringing to this thread? Nothing? BYE.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItzShadyT
NO SH!T?! What else do you want me to call it considering I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS. That's just what it looked like. What are you bringing to this thread? Nothing? BYE.

Let me increase YOUR vocabulary how about calling it an OBJECT this has been provided free of charge to you!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

That wouldn't really describe what it looked like, now would it? If you're not going to post something useful, I see no reason for you to still be posting in this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ItzShadyT

Really explain why it wouldn't!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Moresby
Thanks for an actual answer. I mean, what you've said makes sense, but this object was moving pretty quickly in different directions. I've never really delved into stargazing, so your insight is appreciated.

If you ever want to go stargazing, there's a great place for it in Scotland, The Galloway Forest Park. It was granted "Dark Sky Park" status recently. This means it has very limited light pollution. There is even an observatory in the northern part of the park near Dalmellington. Here's a site with some info:

Dark Skies in Galloway Forest Park

Looking at the night sky in such a place in is a transformative experience. Even with just the naked eyes. You will never forget it. Pick a clear moonless night. And enjoy! You'll understand why ancient peoples were so obsessed with the night sky. And, who knows, you might see another UFO!

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Seems like this type of phenomenon happens in the area, I witnessed three one time

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

"Stars" moving isn't something new, however. In the Bible, angels are sometimes referred to as "stars". Best example; the star that moved to show the wise men the way.

It was?

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Thanks for an actual answer. I mean, what you've said makes sense, but this object was moving pretty quickly in different directions. I've never really delved into stargazing, so your insight is appreciated.

If you ever want to go stargazing, there's a great place for it in Scotland, The Galloway Forest Park. It was granted "Dark Sky Park" status recently. This means it has very limited light pollution. There is even an observatory in the northern part of the park near Dalmellington. Here's a site with some info:

Dark Skies in Galloway Forest Park

Looking at the night sky in such a place in is a transformative experience. Even with just the naked eyes. You will never forget it. Pick a clear moonless night. And enjoy! You'll understand why ancient peoples were so obsessed with the night sky. And, who knows, you might see another UFO!

People reading this thread might not know about other members Astrophotography

Members astrophotography thread

Members Astrophotography

2 of my own shots from Galloway Forest Park

Pleiades & Taurus

Taurus the V shaped stars at top of picture and Orion below

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: HackedAlias

You almost described what I saw perfectly! This happened on the 22nd around 10:30ish. I live in the Quad Cities on the border of Iowa and Illinois if that means anything. Stopping and making random turns sounds about right. Did it just look like a star? What color was it?

I'm in Wyoming and it was about 10-11 pm we weren't by a clock to see the exact time. It was a whitish color similar to the surrounding stars but slightly brighter and little to no variance in light intensity, and by far not the brightest in the sky and due to the distance couldn't make out any defining characteristics so it just looked like a star. The way it moved made it clear to us it wasn't an airplane, it looked like it was effortlessly moving, gliding if you will across the sky until it just disappeared.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

im done with ats this is the fifth forum ive posted on with no feedback whatsoever. hope they probe your a$$

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

"Stars" moving isn't something new, however. In the Bible, angels are sometimes referred to as "stars". Best example; the star that moved to show the wise men the way.

It was?

Matthew 2:9 - "When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was."

Revelation 1:20 - "The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches."

In both cases, the root word (transliterated) is astēr. I am sure there are other places its used the same way, but I am too tired right now to locate them. It's clear this "star" moved, however! How, exactly, it looked, we don't know, but I find it interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've seen something like this, though in my case, it looked like a regular star, and I didn't witness it moving, but rather noticed it had moved after the fact. I'd look up at it, note its position, go back to reading my book, look back and it had moved a couple inches. Occurred several times, and it tripped me out.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I've seen something like this, though in my case, it looked like a regular star, and I didn't witness it moving, but rather noticed it had moved after the fact. I'd look up at it, note its position, go back to reading my book, look back and it had moved a couple inches. Occurred several times, and it tripped me out.

Of course, there are stars that rise and set. There are also geostationary satellites that don't employ delta-v's for north-south (or east-west) station-keeping. Either could explain the almost imperceptible movement you saw.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Yeah, that's what I chalked it down to, after a while. It was fun entertaining possibilities, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join