It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright star flying around?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Okay, I'm gonna try and keep this short and to the point. So I was walking home from work the other day, and as I'm hitting the corner to my house, I look up and see this really bright star that almost has a blueish tint to it. I'm squinting pretty hard to try and get a better look at it, because in my town, we don't really get to see that many stars in the night sky, but as I'm looking I notice that it's moving to the right slowly. I thought I was tripping at first, but as I'm looking up again, I can see it moving in circles. This really scared the hell out of me. I've never really had a first hand UFO experience, but I'm almost positive that's what this was. Not once in my life have I seen a plane move as erratically as this star was. Since, I don't have a mobile phone, I ran inside to grab my camera only to come out and see that the star was no longer there. I told my friend about this, and the first thing he suggested was a military drone making it's rounds. I mean, that sounds plausible, but this thing legit looked like a really bright star. I don't have any photos, but I'm working on that as we speak. The main reason I posted this was tho see if anyone here on ATS has had any similar experiences? Is it something that's easily explainable? I'm really curious and would LOVE to get to the bottom of this. If your gonna come in this thread calling me a liar or some bulls*** like that, you can gladly take yourself somewhere else. Thank you in advanced to anybody that replies to this thread, I'm anxious about hearing your replies.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ItzShadyT

Well..the only thing I know is in general stars dont "fly-around". I could be wrong

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItzShadyT
Okay, I'm gonna try and keep this short and to the point. So I was walking home from work the other day, and as I'm hitting the corner to my house, I look up and see this really bright star that almost has a blueish tint to it. I'm squinting pretty hard to try and get a better look at it, because in my town, we don't really get to see that many stars in the night sky, but as I'm looking I notice that it's moving to the right slowly. I thought I was tripping at first, but as I'm looking up again, I can see it moving in circles. This really scared the hell out of me. I've never really had a first hand UFO experience, but I'm almost positive that's what this was. Not once in my life have I seen a plane move as erratically as this star was. Since, I don't have a mobile phone, I ran inside to grab my camera only to come out and see that the star was no longer there. I told my friend about this, and the first thing he suggested was a military drone making it's rounds. I mean, that sounds plausible, but this thing legit looked like a really bright star. I don't have any photos, but I'm working on that as we speak. The main reason I posted this was tho see if anyone here on ATS has had any similar experiences? Is it something that's easily explainable? I'm really curious and would LOVE to get to the bottom of this. If your gonna come in this thread calling me a liar or some bulls*** like that, you can gladly take yourself somewhere else. Thank you in advanced to anybody that replies to this thread, I'm anxious about hearing your replies.
your getting no replys cause your telling everyone not to come in and bullsh**t this thread.
theres hundreds of threads like this a day and unless some physical proof then your thread is just like the thousands out there,as everyone is told,proof or it just disappears into obscurity.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

When looking at a bright light against a dark background, the light can appear to jerk back and forth or move in a circular manner. People who do a lot of stargazing are familiar with this phenomena. This may explain your sighting. And the disappearance could just be the result of the cloud cover or haze thickening while you were inside.

Might that explanation fit with what you saw?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The answer is simple

If it moved and you could notice it then it wasn't a star!

If it disappeared and not due to cloud cover etc it wasn't a star.

So now you know it wasn't a star!!!

The motto here is DENY IGNORANCE to make threats in the OP is not a good idea!
edit on 23-6-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Probably the ISS or satellite.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Where in scotland are you?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Sounds like you're really not experienced in viewing night time objects.

Also, please don't tell members not to reply if they don't agree with you.

Very uncool!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

i started seeing this too. its initiation(sp). just keep making a point to investigate it and they will appear in front of you as they did with me and im not special or divine. we are all one. i cant tell you why or it could change your future actions.

linda moulton howe is who is investigating this.osm material
edit on 23-6-2014 by revoltsquad806 because: added line

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I wish I could tell you what you saw but I can't.

If you don't mind me asking, were you going for a red brick wall of text look or a broad side of a barn look?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
yes, congrats for raising a barn, amish..

what's so difficult to swallow about this?
..these types of stories seem mundane by now
with that a51 place cranking out stealth craft for X years already
and all the "drones" we're seeing nowdays..

try doing a search for "blue orbs"
they seem to be on the increase these days, even my dad and i have seen them
we have no idea what they are.. (a few ideas, but nothing definite)
/shrugs

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
As a lurker on ATS for awhile now, I know members like to hop on to threads and instantly bash them and try and ridicule the OP. I'm not looking for that. Open opinions are appreciated, but I'm not gonna sit here and have people tell me I'm an idiot for trying to explain what I saw and receive answers. Half the post's on here have nothing to do with what I asked, which are the people I was talking about. Everyone who's given me legit answers so far, thank you. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary tonight, but I'll keep my eyes peeled and post a video or picture if I do.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Moresby
Thanks for an actual answer. I mean, what you've said makes sense, but this object was moving pretty quickly in different directions. I've never really delved into stargazing, so your insight is appreciated.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Interesting, and well, maybe? Some years back (decades, really), I was watching the stars with a friend, and we both were sure one changed position. It looked like it shifted, not a lot, but enough to notice. Then it seemed to shift back. Did that more than once, as I recall. This looked just like any average star; not too bright or anything, and the movement wasn't a lot. Another time, we were watching a meteor shower via a live link on the internet, as we had too much cloud cover to see any. Watching that, I am certain some "stars" actually DID move, in relation to the rest. Just a few times, but I was recording the screen with a camera, and played back the footage to check; the movement wasn't imagined. I'd share it but it went with the old hard drive that died. It'll be a few hundred to recover anything from that, so no idea when, if ever, I can get to that footage.

"Stars" moving isn't something new, however. In the Bible, angels are sometimes referred to as "stars". Best example; the star that moved to show the wise men the way. Maybe some things we think of as distant suns aren't what we think they are...?

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

What day was this on?

A few nights ago on the 21st, I was watching the stars with my gf a little outside of town where the view is better and I was staring at what I thought was orion (I admittedly don't know constellations locations all the time that well) when the middle 'star' began moving. I pointed it out to my gf and we watched as that middle star moved across the sky, stopping and making random turns and it looked like it was swerving back and forth like a sine wave and at times seemingly coming closer then it just vanished. (we called it that because it was obviously much further than any plane we had seen (we are out in this area a lot and watch the sky quite a bit) and it didn't have the same constant movement of a plane as it changed its course and speed a lot as we were watching)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: HackedAlias

You almost described what I saw perfectly! This happened on the 22nd around 10:30ish. I live in the Quad Cities on the border of Iowa and Illinois if that means anything. Stopping and making random turns sounds about right. Did it just look like a star? What color was it?
edit on 24-6-2014 by ItzShadyT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I like your theory on how all stars may not be what we think they are. Thank you for the detailed reply. Time to go on an information hunt.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have seen these very many times since I was about 12 or 13. Still have no idea what they are.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I like your theory on how all stars may not be what we think they are. Thank you for the detailed reply. Time to go on an information hunt.

Well,t hat passage caught my eye recently, in a Bible study. It's one we tend to skim over and then forget about, but it's clear the "star" moved, and you can look up the roots and see that "star" is used to describe angels in more than one place. Something to think about! Seeing stars seem to move myself makes me wonder, too. And, no, NOT a case of some stargazing phenomena, either; I have star gazed for decades, and never saw that any other time.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The problem with that is if it moves IT'S NOT A STAR!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join