It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your philosophy and meaning of life?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeChakra

Mine is: there isn't one. I find the absurdist philosophy rings true. There is no meaning, but the human striving for meaning will never end.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We are sent down to earth to experience life. We reincarnate as many times as we chose to until we get it or remember who we are and then we can come back for more if we want to. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest with no regrets. When we (our souls) die we generally remember who we are and that is a soul and that we are just but a part of God who is but a part of a larger God who is but part of a larger God and this goes on to infinity or some number or end to big for us to comprehend. Hell is just us being apart from God, in some cases I believe that our souls are so into this "game" of life that it may seem that they are in Hell but eventually we all reunite with God.

We get so caught up in life that we just forget all of this while we live it and most of us don't learn or re remember anything. We're too caught up in life. I'm too caught up in life.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
a reply to: Akragon

That's an awfully vague and open-ended philosophy.

Seems to work for me...

S**t happens, and theres not much one can do to change that.... so roll with it

Yeah, I can see how that would work in a lot of situations. The only danger is it makes you a reactive rather than active participant in the world. And you run the risk of always seeing bad outcomes as the result of outside forces.

Yet one still can not change bad outcomes.... they can only make the best of a bad situation...

Being a passive participant is pretty much against what I believe... While one can not change what is, or what will be... Standing idly by doesn't help anyone either...

This may help explain...

I Never Knew You...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: zackli
a reply to: ThirdEyeChakra

Mine is: there isn't one. I find the absurdist philosophy rings true. There is no meaning, but the human striving for meaning will never end.

Even if it turns out that there is in fact no meaning, that doesn't mean there isn't room to provide our own. How many times have we redefined the world by redefining how we look at it? Same goes with the meaning of existence. It's all in what you do with it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My philosophy is that only we can free ourselves and my meaning to life is to just experience this beautiful universe and make make the most of the time you're given. To experience, learn, and grow is our meaning.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
My Philosophy of Life: REJECT LOSS. All humans are pre-programmed to subconsciously instigate this, physiologically and psychologically, if not you die quite quickly.

Its how we reject loss that determines who we are perceived to be.

This is the essence of human behavior....

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My sig.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Why does everything need to have meaning?, what if there is no real meaning to anything?, how free a sensation would one have if it were all meaningless, to consider nothing but doing no intentional harm to any living thing and simply live your life until you die?.

What if there were nothing to aspire to beyond death?, only hope that there is a reward for your good deeds?.

Why does there have to be a reward or reason to treat other living things and each other as we would like to be treated?.

There is no meaning to anything aside for those who use others and exploit the existence of others to free themselves to take time to search for a meaning to life when there really isn't one.

You exist, but believe a pack of lies to ease your mind and justify the dastardly things you do to other living things to survive.

Life is meaningless, but that doesn't make it not worth living.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I was actually in a real life position to think about the things I had done in my life when I had a massive stroke and nearly died.

I couldn't see, I couldn't move, I was pissing through a catheter and bound up from medication and just lay there hearing what my relatives were saying to one another as they thought I was going to die.

That is exactly when I realized life was meaningless and the only hell that existed was the one inside of one's head.

I accepted death but did not die, and did not feel guilty for what I had done during my life before my death.

I'm still dead and having a grand old time.

a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner
Maybe you are right, life is meaningless, the problem is the human mind is hardwired to attain a sense of certainty and stating that life is meaningless provides just that. The kicker though is that life, is also full to the brim of contradictions.

Meaning requires a sense of value and to have the experience you did brought you directly to the experience that what we are told we should value, our jobs, car, house etc are empty values when you lay there staring death in the face.

We can only hope then that we take our direct experiences with us, we can only hope they have some sort of value if there is a form of continuance once our bodily death occurs.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You may not believe life has a singular or universal meaning. But, undoubtedly, your life means something to you.

Try working the problem from that angle. It should give you a new perspective on these issues.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I do what I need to do in order to be alive to take care of the few things I value here in this life, when those things that require my care pass on, or do not need my help anymore I will find something else to care about.

The dog on my avatar will be the next thing I have to let go, she's 16 or 18 years old and getting mighty rickety. I will just be thankful for the time she was here to keep me on an even keel to have a reason to keep myself fit and available to do what needs to be done for her.

In my opinion, the fact that it all seems to be meaningless will influence one to become closer to selfless which is supposedly a good way to be....

I don't see myself when I look into a mirror, I see a hybridization of my mother and my father, and the people who have helped me to where I am in my life to this point.

I guess I have found myself only to be lost.

There really doesn't need to be a reason, trying to reason about some things simply causes un-needed stress and illness because you can reason all you want, try to find explanations for everything, you still can't avoid pain and loss or the fact you really have very little control over anything.

Just live and put a conscious effort into doing as little harm to any living thing as possible.

I'm a tard....

a reply to: Moresby

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Life is meaningless compared to what most people believe to be a life worth living, a life with meaning.

Those dudes with buildings named after them are still dead guys, not everyone can be a rock star or a war hero or even a parent.

You're just alive until you're dead, and in a perfect world as in the past you would immediately begin to cycle through again by your corpse being used to sustain all of those critters that consume your dead flesh.

I think that is part of the reason the whole world is going so completely insane, we need to be recycled back into the circle like every other living thing does after it dies.

a reply to: subtopia

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
My Philosophy..

Live your life without harm to anyone.

Do the things that make YOU happy, not others...

Other people should accept you but dont make your life so that everything you do is to get accepted by others.

Meaning of Life?

I think this world is the embryo for the mind, we are yet to be born.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The philosophy I live by is honesty, love, and laughter.

The meaning to life... well the only thing I can figure certainly, is everything changes. And, what that amounts to to the human spirit - is growth.

CdT

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thank-you myhappydogShiner, it was your reply to Moresby that actually helped, I'm writing a book on Human Behavior in relation to control and how it affects human perspective.
I thank the OP too.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If we are indeed Gods creations, and its believed that we created in Gods image. Then we are capable of creating our own philosophies, at constructing, or even deconstructing our own reality, or meaning of life.

The meaning of life, may have no purpose at all, other then being alive and following a food chain. As tough as it is, and in some case religion has taken such ideals, would try to transcend basic instincts. Which could be a common trait with sentient life.

Objective reality a more appropriate term Im guessing.

If there are creators, then there must be destroyers. If you wanna be a better creator, one must learn to deconstruct. If one want to be a destroyer, then one must lean to construct.

If God is the creator of creation, then God must be a destroyer as well.

edit on 26-6-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Retail's for suckers.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth
Yes. To me the meaning of life is to be noble. Nobility is crafted (or destroyed) by our personal prime directive.
What could possibly be more noble than spreading happiness around the world, like a happy virus? Happiness should not be confused with pleasure; happiness is pleasure through the filter of wisdom. I say love, and love some more.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
There is an interesting movie online at a site called "metanoia" entitled "Human Resources" which I find to be so disturbing I watch it over and over, I watch it every time I get a chance because there is always something there I didn't see the time I watched it before.

It covers a lot of things I learned in college which I did not understand at the time they were taught to me.

It's disturbing because it points out how we have been conditioned to rely on flawed reasoning as if it some kind of truth.

a reply to: subtopia

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join