It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Physicist offers $10,000 to anyone who can disprove "man-made global climate change"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
link

Now this is interesting.
Looks like he's offering a put up or shut up offer here.
Any takers willing to go head to head with this guy?

A Physicist and author on global warming Dr. Christopher Keating has just announced The $10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge. Dr. Keating is putting up $10,000 of his own money to anyone who can disprove that man-made Global Warming is not occuring.

The $10,000 Global Warming Skeptic Challenge!

1. I will award $10,000 of my own money to anyone that can prove, via the scientific method, that man-made global climate change is not occurring;

2. There is no entry fee;

3. You must be 18 years old or older to enter;

4. Entries do not have to be original, they only need to be first;

5. I am the final judge of all entries but will provide my comments on why any entry fails to prove the point.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That's like trying to prove that the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus aren't real.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Surely the burden of proof is upon him and proponents of AGW?

A Christian could just as easily offer $10,000 to anyone who could disprove the existence of God.

Gets us nowhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Well actually with "the power of science" it can be argued the other way.

I'm interested to see someone take that prize.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This is a bit of a joke really, because you cannot conclusively prove man-made climate change is happening, or not.

Climate is really quite complicated. Give it another couple of decades and we'll know for sure.

Regards

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

edit on 23-6-2014 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So the guy's hung a target up in a dark room and has invited people to shoot at it. He'll check the target and let you know if you hit the bullseye.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cannot disprove because Man infact does affect global climate, not HOW it changes but how FAST it changes.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Challenge accepted.

The geological record shows that global climate had changed several times before the human species was present on Earth, ergo the global climate can change without mankind.

Cash please. No checks.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If anyone wants to win $10,000 dollars - I'll give you the solution.

Every single planet in our solar system has been heating up. So, unless man-made carbon emissions are reaching other planets, it is something outside of the influence of man that is causing this temperature flux.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Interesting.

I have a step cousin, that works in some field, that was just telling my mom and his, that the whole climate change thing can be seen in the rings of trees. Droughts, heavy snows, something to do with the distance and width of the rings of a tree.

BTW, he says it isn't humans fault.

I have a feeling this guy isn't paying anyone anything. No matter what he is shown.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tvtexan

That's like trying to prove that the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus aren't real.

No it's not. You just have to hypothesize the correct reason our planet is heating. Then think up an experiment to prove it. The same way the real scientists figured it out in the first place.

You can put carbon dioxide tablets in a bottle of water then place it in the sun. Then put another bottle of water with out one out beside it.... And guess what happens? The tablet bottle gets crazy hotter. From there you do the math on co2 vs air in our atmosphere and you can tell exactly what it'll take to cook us.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pretty hard to win that, as its all theories, so there is no absolute way to prove it isn't, but the error in the challenge, is that there is no way to prove in an absolute way that it is causing it.

What exists is varying implications from data and various opinions from "experts".

So this is a slight of hand attempt to entrench his side as fact, that you have to disprove. When its not fact, and fact can't materialize on either side, just theories.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Cannot disprove because Man infact does affect global climate, not HOW it changes but how FAST it changes.

except for the fact that the measurements and temperature readings are not genuine are they.

they monkey fumble the data and the only ones "certifying" are the paid supporters.

clever psy-ops

The scandal of fiddled global warming data -- The US has actually been cooling since the Thirties, the hottest decade on record

edit on Jun-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

No it's not. You just have to hypothesize the correct reason our planet is heating. Then think up an experiment to prove it. The same way the real scientists figured it out in the first place.

You can put carbon dioxide tablets in a bottle of water then place it in the sun. Then put another bottle of water with out one out beside it.... And guess what happens? The tablet bottle gets crazy hotter. From there you do the math on co2 vs air in our atmosphere and you can tell exactly what it'll take to cook us.

LOL

I will bite.

How much more CO2 will it take for the oceans to boil over?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

I will bite.

An impactor the size of the moon with a CO2 atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'll give 1 million to anyone who can prove man made global warming.

remember they just concluded that the Antarctica Ice shelf melt was do to geothermal volcanic activity and not made made global warming.

good luck!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Aside from the FACTS that climate change is normal, repetetive, periodic and NATURAL...of COURSE the effects of man...in abudance has some effect on that which naturally occurs.

To me...its a twisted question. Climate change is normal...while man and industry causes some effect of duration, intensity and type.

That question is pointless.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I fully agree.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL

I will bite.

Did you know the Subtropic Rain forest put out more co2 than it takes in?

Rotting leaves, vegetation and dying corpses of men and animals, known to some naturally as composting in both hemispheres puts out more co2 in one year that all the humans breath out on earth have in 100 years.

Does anyone have the complete list of Green House Gases?

Co2 seems to be the one everyone talks about but there are more dangerous ones than that. however they are not in any great abundance as co2. Now if you want to talk about the worst it is carbon monoxide put out by every car, motorbike, airplane and boat (excluding electric ones) on the planet.

edit on 23-6-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join