It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Ship TNT 's New show what did you think

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You could drive an aircraft carrier through the plot holes but then all TV shows are like that these days.

Apart from that it is OK.

P

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I read the book it was based on many years ago. Loved it. But the tv show has pretty much nothing in common with the book. Which is unfortunate.
And having served in the Navy, there are plenty of things about the show that irk me.
But I still think it's an ok show. Even thought the ship's Captain is going all Captain Kirk and leading every little thing personally.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: allenidaho
... Even thought the ship's Captain is going all Captain Kirk and leading every little thing personally.

Lolz... this keeps jumping out at me too.

I sorta wish they would follow the template of other shows that take two episodes to wrap up the "theme for the week" instead of trying to rush it all into a single episode still, mildly entertaining to watch if nothing else is going on.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: desertguy
a reply to: ketsuko

Wasnt Michael Bay the guy in the movie Battle Ship ? I hated that movie .
Peter Berg directed "Battle Ship". He's a part-time actor. He's been on TV's "Chicago Hope" and in movies like "Fire In The Sky", the Travis Walton abduction story.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

It is getting really stupid really fast.

Now we have the Captain and the second in command going off ship and tackling armed hostiles with their bare hands ...... and winning the day?

Most advanced Destroyer ever built ...... and it breaks down a lot!

Best chess player on the ship ..... is an idiot!

The plot holes are getting bigger and bigger!

Perhaps I have to find some reruns of something old, with lower expectaions.

Perhaps He-Man!

P

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yeah, I groaned at how easy it was for the other scientist, who everyone knows was working for the russians and tried to kill everyone on the ship, convinced the chess player to go along with him. Just by basically saying. Hey your captain is probably lying to you about something.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I was groaning about this last episode where they go to rescue a Jamaican girl and of course Captain Chandler is leading the operation yet again. And of course things go bad for him.

There are around 300 people on an Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer. So there is really no reason for Chandler to be leaving the ship at all. Especially for such a small mission as the one in this last episode.

For those who haven't seen the episode yet, all I will say is that he was an idiot and deserved what he got.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Watching tonight's episode, seems the writers aren't all stupid, as the Russian commander just asked him why he left the ship. I paused it and haven't seen his response yet but posted this as I thought it was funny that was the last heard of this thread. I wonder if the answer will be stupid. Now that will make the argument even stronger that the writers suck.

Whatever, I'll watch at least this season. I may bolt after that but it's marginally entertaining for now.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I liked the show, I just only expect the plot does not linger unnecessarily.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: allenidaho
I was groaning about this last episode where they go to rescue a Jamaican girl and of course Captain Chandler is leading the operation yet again. And of course things go bad for him.

There are around 300 people on an Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer. So there is really no reason for Chandler to be leaving the ship at all. Especially for such a small mission as the one in this last episode.

For those who haven't seen the episode yet, all I will say is that he was an idiot and deserved what he got.

My biggest gripe with that episode. Was that they took the Jamaican girl who they just SUSPECT is immune, straight onto the ship. What if what you SUSPECT is not true lol. What if for some reason their was just a delayed reaction or something. You just killed everyone on the ship.

I am still gonna watch till the end of the season. I am a fan of some of the actors on the show, and anyways, what other show is showing U.S. navy hardware off like this. I like naval movies and tv shows.
edit on 14-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So I just finished watching the season finale. In all honesty, it was pretty good. I'd go so far as to say it was the best episode in the entire season. I was pleasantly surprised with it.

I'm not going to go into detail about it for those who haven't seen it yet. But it does have some interesting twists and turns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join