It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked tape has Polish FM comparing ties with US to giving oral sex

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi
a reply to: maddy21

Is this really scandal or something? what did he say that was controversial?

The polish FM was talking to his friend in a private phone call referencing the polish US relationship as giving a Blowjob and receiving nothing in return ..
edit on 23-6-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

so u had to bring Clinton /Lewinsky into it!

lol

sorry Monica

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Russia, in my own opinion, has always sought to humiliate Poland as well as its stance in the world. I really cannot say when or why it has been, but if the can harm Poland, the will not hesitate to do so. Maybe someone can fill me in as to the reasons?

World War 2 comes to mind right up to the point the USSR backstabbed Poland.
50 years of Soviet Occupation ended when the USSR collapsed.
Poland has been able to emerge from that occupation stronger as a nation.
The katyn massacre comes to mind, of which Putin apologized for the murder of those 20k +/- Polish.
Its tilt towards the west / EU.
Its entrance into NATO.

The former SSR's that are stable and for the most part self sufficient (economic partnerships) is a smack in the face to everything Russia / Putin / Soviet Union stood for. Even today we see the same argument coming from Putin / Russia and the manner in which they "control" those former SSR's who were not able to get out from under the soviet thumb.

As for Poland and NATO -
At the start Poland did not want to hose NATO bases / forces.
NATO did not want to put them that close to Russia so Russia didn't whine, like they are doing now.
Appeasement with Russian actions towards Ukraine scared the bajesus out of Poland.
Poland invoked article 4.
Nato met and consulted, resulting in air assets and support units being deployed to the region.

NATO is not a personal army. Its a defensive pact that augments defensive capabilities. If Poland is pissed because the US wont deploy 50k soldiers to Poland I have to ask -

Has Poland raised its military levels / increased level of readiness for its forces?

While I have no issues honoring treaty stipulations the United states cannot continue to pick up the bigger ticket items, like a national defense, for some of these nations. People bitch about our presence until their own security appears to be threatened, and then the US actions are ok.

NATO is not composed of just the United States. There are European countries who are members of NATO who are a lot closer than the US. Any reason they have not asked those nations for a military shift?
edit on 24-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Why give a crap who recorded it at this point? Now wait, I understand the concern is that it deals with someone's private conversation being violated and used with the intent to humiliate, but that's hardly worth being on the pearl-clutching radar at this point. Everything he said is true. The US acts like a domineering a-hole in the back alley, the equivalent of expecting oral favors for nothing in return is very apt. Someone's walking out of that alley happy, while the other is left reconsidering.

Kudos to the man, he has a great point that should not fall on deaf ears. "Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" is defunct in our era where the US is concerned.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Has anybody else wondered why they keep using unsecured communications? This is like the 3rd or 4th time now where a "private" communication involving government officials has been leaked - on both sides now.

Something does not sound right.

Why continue to use the same system knowing full well other nations can record it.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Has anybody else wondered why they keep using unsecured communications? This is like the 3rd or 4th time now where a "private" communication involving government officials has been leaked - on both sides now.

Something does not sound right.

Why continue to use the same system knowing full well other nations can record it.

As far as I understand it, this wasn't any kind of "official" intra-government communication, this was a private phone call most likely using his personal mobile phone. I'm sure they have more secure systems for "official business".

Mind you, I'm equally sure that the Russians (along with several other countries) have probably gained access to the secure systems as well - though they wouldn't release this kind of recording from a secure system because it would alert the Polish to the fact it is no longer secure!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Fair points...

I am curious about why now. If they could intercept phone conversations why release them in this manner now. Why not months ago, years ago.

I also noticed it seems to revolve around State Department / Foreign affairs individuals.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Ok, but what kind of oral sex is he talking about Fellatio or Cunnilingus...it matters.

As far as why someone would say this, knowing there's a good chance of being recorded is probably the intention.

IOW, a good way of moaning about and slagging off the US without directly moaning at or slagging off the US, knowing there's a good chance the right ears will get to hear the message.

edit on 24-6-2014 by MysterX because: added info

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Last I checked the Polish armed forces were on alert and some polish males over here in UK got letters warning them to prepare for mobilization.

so they are not just relaxing and chilling.

To put it blunt if the USA+UK+France stuck 50,000 troops in Poland and a few USAF units Russia wouldn't even fart in Poland's direction as there wont be any hope of winning a offensive operation.

No one will die and it would be good training for all involved.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So the scandal is what he said? Or the fact someone was recording his private conversation? What he said isnt shocking or bad at all, its intelligent and appropriate. More honesty in politics are a good thing, anyone who would use this story to show the polish FM in a bad light, is a bad person, and has some ulterior motive.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I completely agree, although it demonstrates how backwards Putin has gotten this. He doesn't want NATO to expand close to Russia yet his actions thus far has guaranteed exactly that. NATO has refrained for establishing bases in Poland and the Baltic states yet Russia actions have guaranteed its going to happen.

I have no issues with honoring our NATO obligations but to complain about the US not sending our military into Poland seems backwards.

At least to me anways.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I have no problem with US or UK forces being used in such a preventive way. Far better than aggressive wars in the ME,

1) No one is put in harms way

2) Discourages Russia from doing any really stupid

3) Gives a nice European deployment for our troops. Least they get some overseas training and experience in a nice country not trying to kill them!

Thing is if SHTF and WW3 started our troops would end up there anyway. Better to stick a few thousand there now and prevent any chance of that happening.

Id rather UK troops spend there time training and preparing for any problems overseas in safe country's than just sitting at home in there base doing nothing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join