It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to bug out with women?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Divin3F3nrus
a reply to: TrueBrit

I think that I will invest in a donkey of some kind, that or a small stocky horse.

A good donkey can be a very good thing... If you can find one. If you are not experienced with equines an untrained or ill-trained donkey WILL be more trouble than it is worth, so would a bad horse for that matter. I would suggest a curly horse; many of them are sturdy with good feet, they are VERY hardy in cold weather (-40 this winter before wind-chill and all are well) but can suffer more than other horses in warm humid weather), they are "easy keepers" (every curly I have had does better on less in volume and quality feed than any other horse I've had by miles), and best of all they are easy-going, kind and want to please in terms of temperament (especially the "extreme" curlies). The extremes are not much to look at but you can't beat their attitude. The downside to an extreme is the flies will get to them pretty bad since they have little to no hair on their tails. They are kind of defenseless. Curlies are (usually) calmer than most horses and more inclined to freeze than spook and bolt, which is more like a donkey or mule but a donkey is just more inclined to stubborn and mean than most horses in my experience. If you screw up, even if you don't mean to, a donkey is not very forgiving. Also, a lot of donkeys are really noisy. If you want a guard that will tell if you something is out there than they are better than a dog, but if you want to be able to go unnoticed... not a good choice.

edit on 2-7-2014 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Anyone have any advice on how to bug out with a man? My husband has a bad back. I'd be the one doing all the heavy lifting. I also happen to be the prepper in this relationship and the one with the plans. Seriously, you should have titled this "How to Bugout With My Wife." There are plenty of us women here that could run circles around our men in a bugout situation.

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Anyone have any advice on how to bug out with a man? My husband has a bad back. I'd be the one doing all the heavy lifting. I also happen to be the prepper in this relationship and the one with the plans. Seriously, you should have titled this "How to Bugout With My Wife." There are plenty of us women here that could run circles around our men in a bugout situation.

I was just wondering the same thing. I'm not a weight lifter so obviously we must devise ways or equipment that will assist us in lifting or dragging infirm larger people than us. I just hope my son is around to help me should keeping us alive fall on my shoulders with an infirm man.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

I am sorry for the poorly named thread. I understand that there are many women who can run/carry/fight/build/anything circles around men (especially myself) however I was merely thinking about my situation and assumed others could just re-name the thread in their own minds based upon how it applies to them. I believe that due to my wife's disabilities most of the tips others have given me could be of some assistance to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join