It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to bug out with women?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I am curious as to the nature of your "chronic illness" as I have had many myself which I remedied by analyzing what it may have been that was making me ill, it turned out to be allergic reactions to some foods I was eating and some soaps and chemicals I was exposing myself to, of course the doctors missed that because they don't really know as much as they claim to know, they just want to make a sale like anyone else.

Kids backpacks and toy wagons won't work for very long at all as they really just aren't made to be used that much, use higher end stuff which can be found at flea markets and such and weed the necessities down to the absolute minimum.

A big cart nearly the size of a car can be made out of two bicycles lashed together with wire and bamboo or metal bars, the hardest part is figuring out how to make the thing steer, but two people can push it form the handlebars if there is little or no mechanical ability between them to make it steer from the rear while pushing.

Don't worry so much about energy bars for anything but trading or use when you absolutely cannot find food in the wild, food and water are lying about everywhere for the taking.

I see people who are homeless all the time that are forced to drop their stuff (most of it is not necessary anyway) because their kiddie wagons broke or their low end backpacks had a seam or strap failure.

I don't mean to downplay anyone's claims of chronic illness or whatever, but will power and a low pain threshold are frequently more disabling than real illness, and from my personal experience the side effects of medications were worse than the disease itself.

a reply to: FlyersFan

edit on 23-6-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: iyg

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Anyone consider securing traffic tunnels if not experiencing impacts from above tunnel?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

As far as I understand the concept, bugging out works best when ones destination and for that matter, the path one takes to get there, is as infrequently traveled as possible, and easily concealed from prying eyes.

Tunnels, underpasses, car parks, basements of abandoned public buildings... These places will attract the unprepared and the desperate like a turd attracts flies. They are places which offer shelter without effort, and that in and of itself attracts predatory personalities, waiting to benefit from the unwary nature of a tired traveller.

They are also obvious places to make camp. When the crap hits the fan however, concealing ones habitat from being seen from a distance by undesirables, will be of paramount importance. That means staying away from roads large enough to pass through a mountain or significant hill, staying away from infrastructure as much as possible, in fact, and making ones way without having to rely on the "advantages" provided by concrete and asphalt.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I see, thanks for responding TrueBrit. Considered if they were secured @ both entrances the amount of support aid
(food-meds-comms. technology etc. artillery)
that can be barricaded within them and how access could be controlled if need be. You make some valid points. Im always thinking subterranean- tunnels sewer conduits caves, depending on the scenario at hand.
Feel its best to get to the SEA for some reason as long as there isn't anything within it or above it to cause harm then plan from that point how to get into the air or even further. Granted access is available to such technologies/craft to do so with the instruction manuals in observable range of course. Sometimes I wonder about these threads like does someone know there may be a need for these soon...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Divin3F3nrus

When traveling with kids you'll have to lug around stuff.

I'd look into a working dog. Fitted with some packs to carry extra stuff.

Plus the dog can help you hunt.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Bugging out without a group is the worst case scenario.

Anything you try to do alone will be extrememly dangerous.

Consider your group to be as mobile as its weakest member and plan from there,you will soon see that we all need to plan to stay in groups.

The fact is that many people have loved ones with disabilitys,and it isnt just physical ones,many many seemingly normal sane people snap and bend under pressure and become uncontrollable.

The bigger the group the better.

Face it where exactly are you and your wife going to go without other people anyways?

You canot just run and hide, waiting until you are killed on the road,or run out of supplies and starve or run out of ammo,make a Group of people a part of your plan,everyone will need help of some type.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I am curious as to the nature of your "chronic illness"

Autoimmune. Sjogrens with multiple neuropathies - including peripheral and autonomic. Heart Issues including irregular heart beat. Glaucoma suspect as well.

Kids backpacks and toy wagons won't work for very long at all ...

Like I said ... we are improvising the best we can. It's better than nothing.

I don't mean to downplay anyone's claims of chronic illness or whatever,

Snide. And that's exactly what you do in your next few sentences ...

but will power and a low pain threshold are frequently more disabling than real illness, and from my personal experience the side effects of medications were worse than the disease itself.

... in your experience? then I suggest that you get out more and gain more experience.

I'm seriously annoyed right now so I"m going to move off this thread or else I'll say something that will get me banned. /OUT

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Depending on the size of your daughter, could you get an 'ergo' or similar carrier, they make toddler carriers up to a certain weight too, and they distribute the weight evenly to minimise back strain.

I don't know about most women, but I personally could carry a fair share. When I was working (stay at home mum atm) I was moving boxes of alcohol, up to 3 tonnes a day (6613 pounds) and that was an average shift for me a few times a week. Maybe try and get light weight items, might cost more, but might save all of your backs in the long run?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Autoimmune, AKA allergies, I have tons of them that the doctors have been trying to pinpoint for years, arthritis too and irregular heartbeat the same as my father has...

Better equipment is frequently found along the street on garbage day, be aware that most consumer goods are meant to be thrown away to begin with though.

I didn't mean to be snide, but then there is really no way to approach some subjects to most people as it is really hard to share pain literally and get people to understand. It's mostly a problem with language and it's limitations in both directions, an issue of perception....

I was on statins for years and tired of being ill from them, blood thinners too for an irregular heartbeat and to protect me from having another stroke, two torn rotator cuffs, muscle ruptures allover the place and arthritis.

I self medicate with endorphins through unreasonable amounts of exercise, hence the pain threshold issues I mentioned
, and have watched many loved ones simply lay down and slowly die because it was too painful for them to get up and keep going, am watching others right now and it causes me much anguish.

I am truly sorry if I offended you, no offense was intended.

a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Plus dogs are natural busybodies and will love you for taking them anywhere and doing anything.

Dogs are good examples to live by, you can learn a lot from a so called "Dummy".

a reply to: grey580

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well if you HAVE to have a machine, rather than a simple draggable wagon, then I would advise that if stealth and a dislike of relying on fuel availability are concerns, that an electric ATV, totally shod in photovoltaic panels might be an idea.

I have no idea how workable that is, but if a powered transport is preferable to a man powered buggy or wagon, then it might be worth looking into.

Edit to add:

Here is a video of the first electric Harley Davidson motorcycle.

In the video you can clearly see that it moves very fast, but you can also tell that its motor sound is much less aggressive and all pervading than its petrol driven counterpart. It also has that Star Trek feel to it! Very quiet considering the power being put through the wheels!

A little something to think about, where electric engines are concerned.

Seriously?

You're suggesting a Harley Davidson electric motorcycle to escape the zombies after the collapse of civilization?

Where would you charge it?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I can see the advantages of thick blockwork construction, and IF one could secure a two lane roadway at both ends of a tunnel in a secure fashion, then that would be great except for one thing.

First, if you block an access road, then you are BOUND to be coming into contact with people from outside your immediate group. Also, it is unlikely that you will be able to transport enough material to properly secure that size of appature, against assault by determined ramming by vehicles, improvised explosives and firebombs, and the various other assaults that such a structure would invite.

So, it would be hard to secure that location without carting a huge ammount of material around with you, it is waaaaay too visible and will attract attention. These are all big no nos!

The wisest solution, is to go into a wooded area, make shelter which blends into the background, and operate from there. That way, you have access to material and hunting grounds, you have a position which is off the beaten track and therefore less likely to invite unwanted attention, and you have the opportunity to place traps and indicators around a perimeter, which will alert you of the presence of unwary animals and potentially dangerous persons.

I can see that the benefit of two good concrete walls would appeal to people in this day and age, but we are talking about the world going nuts, looting, theft and murder, destruction of life and property and the general chaos associated with a collapse of all law and order. In that scenario, staying out of sight, and living off the land would be infinitely preferable to making a heavy grade fortification around yourself, by blocking a road tunnel off at both ends, and sticking rifles through the holes in your makeshift gates.

Concealment is the victor over a solid fortification every time. If you are light and mobile as a group of people, you have no need of such a grand fortification. What is much easier to maintain is near invisibility by use of terrain and local vegetation. I lived on the street for a while, and I always chose locations which were out of sight, and little traveled.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Again , that is an example of a powerful and quiet electric motor, not a recommended product. It does however, demonstrate that a stealthy conveyance is possible, if not very practical long term.

That's a bit of an understatement.

After the initial charge is depleted you are 40 miles from where you started with 400 lbs of dead weight.

But hey, it's not like we're discussing reality here, is it?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
With health issues, better to bug in, than bug out. With planning, you could likely come up with some herbal equivalents to help, even poppies for opiates (only after SHTF of course).

I have a similar challenge with my wife.

Considered if they were secured @ both entrances the amount of support aid (food-meds-comms. technology etc. artillery) that can be barricaded within them and how access could be controlled if need be.

A tunnel could become a death trap real quick with a fire. Remember to consider this, if it is your plan. The problem with any subterranean shelter is the vulnerability of it's air supply.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
A tunnel could become a death trap real quick with a fire. Remember to consider this, if it is your plan. The problem with any subterranean shelter is the vulnerability of it's air supply.

Appreciated the response as well Gazrok
The plan has not been set in concrete as of yet for many as the scenario can make cause for different responses. As of now 1 tries to be observant of what physically and metaphysically is going on and keeping optimistic energy in the final plan. Which if permitted... Would involve accessing some abandon bases/labs globally for transport tech. advanced meds/foods/nutrients/gear/artillery and yes would knock first my observing friends

OUTTA BOX! accessing a deep submerged/buried undetected craft/transport device that takes many many many lifetimes to recharge before ready for exiting w/ an unimaginable amount of room for many to enter and be transported on/within in flesh or Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy like a STAR MERKABA ship but thats another OP

Again yours and others intelligent responses are appreciated much Gazrok, seen some tunnels and wondered what some thought.
edit on 6/23/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If you ever have an extreme situation just prepare yourself as some will just not make it.
Do everything you can to avoid ever having to "bug out".
This includes talking to your representatives about your government avoiding unnecessary conflicts.
You might also look into "alternative" medicines for what ails her.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I used to think 'bugging out' in a SHTF scenario was an option, until I gave it some thought.
If you're bugging out to get away from big-city chaos, it would be a wise option. If you're planning on hiding from government oppression, it would be a futile effort.

With the night vision, heat-sensing technology, drones et al there is no way, no place people can hide.
To be honest, how does anybody know they haven't been 'chipped' when they got vaccinated? Or their last flu shot?
How can we prove newborn babies aren't being chipped?

What's to say GPS technology hasn't been implemented on a grand scale? It could be in all of our ID, credit cards, clothes, shoes, etc.

It is wise to prepare for a disaster of any sort, but those thinking they can prep and hide from government entities don't stand a chance, IMO.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

How to bug out with women?

I would much rather bug out with women than most of the macho, big talking, gun obsessed wanna be's.

However, Buggin out with children will get you killed. If you have kids; hunker down!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I really can't say much for your specific situation.
For myself, I would give her atleast a two hour notice so she could get her hair and make-up ready.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Hey, chill man.

It's all good. All I was doing, was suggesting something which fit the OPs requirement for a vehicle with very small amount of engine noise, and that did not require a liquid fuel source. That the only suggestion I could come up with for a powered vehicle with out the need for petroleum or LPG, was some sort of mad electric ATV suggestion, is neither here nor there.

One might say, that the intention of what I suggested was to bring it home, that the best option would be a draggable wagon of some sort, rather than an actual vehicle. With a wagon, there is very little to go mechanically wrong. With a powered vehicle, you have to have bare minimum of tools and spares and fuel of some sort as well....

I am sorry if you felt I wasted everyone's time with my post Psynic!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join