It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's me… I've finally arrived :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Hey people,

Long time lurker… finally getting around to becoming part of the family that is ATS. I am the spouse of an active duty airman in spec ops. Can't say too much due to OPSEC and NSA around every corner. I've been watching the threads for years now and only recently joined when the shooting in Las Vegas Walmart took place. I was visiting across the street at Nellis AFB at the time and had to speak up…

Anyway, when it comes to military wives, I don't fit in at all. I have 2 degrees and am working on a 3rd that will lead to a doctorate. I don't call my spouse's commander 'sir' as I don't work for him. I work for a great company that lets me attend school and get the hours I want / need. I have a very techie background and don't just collect my spouse's check. We have a bigger house than our commander and it makes military people uncomfortable for some dumb reason. I'm not a breeder so it limits the friends I can have due to the fact a lot of military spouses enjoy each other's company in the form of 'playdates' for their children. I guess I could still attend but I have a hard time accepting people who get stupid drunk in front of toddlers at 2pm.

I don't agree with the military 99% of the time even though my grandfather (30 years), grandmother (12 years), dad (24 years), brother (just commissioned) and spouse have all served.

My husband thinks I'm a bit nuts.

I believe everything happening in the middle east is for oil, money, and power.
I bought a full deck of the Illuminati trading cards off ebay. I was so scared of buying them I had them sent to a PO box in another state, lol.
I've voted democrat and republican many many times in my little lifetime, not in that order.
I obsessively read about MKUltra and die a little inside when i hear someone say they will have to travel to China Lake.
There are nights I stay up watching all the illuminati videos about Beyonce, Madonna, and Britney Spears. I often wonder if I could somehow sneak into Bohemian Grove and come out alive.

There's a part of me that really loves tarot cards but I can't seem to grasp them in their entirety. I've had psychics tell me I am 'gifted' but it's only after they have my $40 warm in their pockets. A little bit inside of me is afraid their power is corrupt. My house is haunted so I try to use them only when I need to calm # down.Seriously. My mother in law died YEARS ago and her husband split her ashes into 2 urns. We have one of them and there are times that # just gets weird. Lights in living room, handprints on mirrors, dogs whimpering then peeing… random noises. I could go on and on…

So, as you can see, ATS is my kind of place. Conspiracy theories, ghosts, gov't coverups, etc. I'm all about it. My summer project is to try to get involved in the DoD's strategy to close some bases down. I'm interviewing spouses at rural bases who have been sick, or harmed due to crime and showcasing the cost analysis of keeping these bases open. Time consuming doesn't even begin to describe it. But it's fascinating.

I'm always looking for allies in the world to expose the corruption in the military without compromising my life or my spouse's career (not easy!) So hello, nice to meet you all, I'm very excited to be here!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Welcome to ats .. no worries everyone fits in here youll be right at home in no time ..

You will find all sorts of interesting things poking around the basements and dusty cupboards around here .. whatever you do dont look under the beds or in the icebox thats where the truly scary things hide and at times theyve been known to eat unsuspecting people .. or maybe some were disappeared by the nice men in sunglasses and dark suits ..

Happy hour is at 1700 b.y.o.b - not liable for any hangovers you may incur ..

The rest should be along shortly with your welcome gifts and survival kit ..

Speaking of happy hour .. time for another round ..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Thanks! I really do love how civil most people seem to be in the threads. I haven't been really involved in an online community in quite a while because of the nanny-boo-boo name calling that comes with the territory of *gasp* being wrong lol.

I just quit Game of War due to a mole in my alliance leading to my alliance being disbanded and getting tendonitis from playing too much. That was the closest I've been to an online community in about 5 years.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Greetings sister of ATS.

Welcome aboard.

Ashes should never be split. Take your lot and reunite them with the other lot.

Fill up your urn with dust from the vacuum cleaner. Hubby will never know. I mean ..... come on .... has he ever sat there, taken the lid off and just contemplated the ashes.

There are some that believe that parting the remains locks the spirit to this earth.

Again I say ... welcome. You seem quite well grounded. ...... for a spiritualist.

P

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: thismilitarywife

Welcome .. overall were a civil lot here and even with the occasional row it still a good place and overall good people here ..

Been ages since played any online games got tired of all the kiddies antics or of the ones with mummy and daddys credit cards that think they own the game .. plus out here in boonieland my signal rubbish half the time .. so am usually around here or offline taking care of things around here ..

hope you get over the tendonitis along with get a doc there to take look at it ..
Even though am a physician/surgeon trained in both western medicine and tcm ( traditional chinese medicine ) wont make diagnosis online as to make proper diagnosis have to make a proper examination of the patient first as theres no way to make accurate diagnosis otherwise .. besides these days am semi-retired ..

Overall you could say its one big happy bit mental at times family around here and alot of us are current or former military .. did four tours with s.o.g in vietnam back in the 60s ..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Welcome. You should fit in just fine from the sounds of it.

Enjoy your time here, and remember, this is the interwebs, everyone's an expert here.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

G,day mate and welcome .
i see Pat has already chimmed in, he's the local senior citizen lol
tell yer bloke your not nuts your not even troppo
when one joins the forces one has to be insane
yet to get out one has to have a
I'M SANE card. That's nuts. lol
i was a little after Pat
you may wish to reconsider the way in which you are trying to spiritually clean your house
dont eat DES's cookies nor Bally's sausage sangers
enjoy the ride and wear a seat belt

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: pronto
Heh.. going by japanese count am only 5 so pffftthh .. will be six next year .. (celebrate birthday every 12 years going by the old lunar calendar ) .. besides keeps me young on the trips downriver chasing sheilas and drinking beer .. not old till the sheilas get too fast for me to catch ..

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm afraid of accidentally breathing in part of the ashes when I make the transfer. Isn't that nuts? lol. But I agree, he will never know. The problem is the other half is in a cremation plot and I'm not sure how to get them to 'open it' for me…

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
hey. welcome.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, I'm very happy to see you made it here safe and sound, in one piece, my husband would say.

That's good, it's nice to read so much about you and your life.
Myself and my husband are retired, and our life has been very Boring,,,, Well,,, Not Really!!!!
Hope to see you around, buy the extra thick tinfoil hat.
Our friend Destinyone should be here shortly with your cookies.
edit on 27-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Glad you decided to take the plunge, you're going to fit in perfect!

Welcome to ATS!!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Thank you for the warm welcome. I do tend to talk too much at times, but I'm happy you appreciate my blabber lol. I have family in the greater Scottsdale area. It's way too hot for me but retirement, gated community mecca that is very clean and new.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Glad you decided to take the plunge, you're going to fit in perfect!

Welcome to ATS!!

^^^ this is hilarious. I have often thought about creating a youtube video with cats covering pop music but replacing words with meows. Million dollar idea, lol

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Welcome aboard.

Just keep in mind, when in a thread and conflicted with the right and wrong scenario, just remember one thing.

resistanceisfutile is always correct.

new topics

top topics

join