It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello everyone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
A little about myself... I just recently turned 21 and utterly dislike people.

I just finished being indoctrinated with my first few years of propaganda (AA) and have my certification that I've accepted it. Luckily, I only had to take out a $1000 loan in order to pay for it, but it's okay because my work let me come back after I left to go to school, even though the degree has nothing whatsoever to do with my job. I'm what you would call one'dem "independent" thinkers, which means that I had a hard time sitting through class because of how boring it was. Funny, cause I have an exceptionally boring job but manage to make it through that. Probably because I can think of whatever I want while I'm working, whereas while I'm in school I'm expected to at least PRETEND I was paying attention.

In past years I've done a bit of lurking on this site but eventually stopped because it was pretty depressing. Depressing to think that there is A) a group of people secretly controlling the world and B) that the only reason I'm not in it is because of the time period I was born in. I eventually stopped thinking that there was an explicit group of people and began thinking of it more conceptually as people wanting to make sense of their world. In other words, it's not that there actually IS a small group of people controlling the world, it's that there is a fundamental human need to understand the world, and one particular way that that need is being fulfilled is by making a group of bad guys who control the world's finances, and through them, everything else.

I just got done taking a Sociology of Deviance class, and I made a 30 minute presentation on the self-help/positive thinking/self-esteem movement that started in California in the 1980's and how it has become a method for social control.

I'm not sure what else to say, so if anyone has any questions, wants to welcome me, tell me I've won the lotto, etc. have at it

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
You utterly dislike people? So you don't like me?

I'll welcome you anyway, maybe you'll change your mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks for the welcome! It's nothing personal, people just remind me of my own human nature, and that's terrible of them. I didn't ask for that reminder

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zackli

Welcome zackli.

Utterly disliking people here will get you nowhere. You need to embrace this community for what is, no chips on shoulders and no grinding axes, except in the rant forum.

And no, you have not won the lottery.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Yes, yes, I was debating about whether or not to include that. I decided transparency was better than hiding it. It doesn't manifest in how I treat others, indeed, I've grown so used to hiding it that it's like it isn't even there.

Thanks for the regards, and it's too bad I didn't win the lottery

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
*throws ya a beer*
Relax .. and welcome to ats ..
Drop the attidude you may actually learn a few things while your here ..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Welcome. Importantly - Do you like sausage sangas? (Sandwiches).

Pats already given you a beer. Enjoy your time here.

Kind Regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I should add that Pat & Bally are serious p!ssheads. Never touch the stuff personally......que the off screen facepalm....

Kind Regards & watch out for those two.
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Its purely for *hic* medicinal purposes .. nah gotta watchout for the things lurking under the beds and in the iceboxes ..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I like learning! Just not about abnormal psychology. Please don't ever make me take that class again :'( I don't think I could take it without nitpicking everything wrong with individual discussion board posts about how bees can feel thought waves. I highly recommend accepting yourself the way you are right now, because visiting a psychologist in about five years will consist of them telling you to do exactly that. They'll probably also tell you to get a religion and that it's your attitude that is the problem, not the millions of suffering individuals in the world.

That's basically what Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is, and it's one of the most used therapies for many of the less "serious" psychological ailments.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Despite the attempts at socializing me into accepting it, I haven't managed to "like" drinking. I'm not sure what it is about losing control of yourself, drinking terrible tasting liquids and being a jerk that appeals to people, but that's probably because I like my self-control (no matter how illusory it may be) and dislike drinking things that taste terrible. Being a jerk isn't at the top of my list of priorities either, but sarcasm is my preferred delivery of jerk. Impaired cognition and sarcasm are negatively correlated so far as I'm aware, so they don't mix.

Thanks for the warning, I'll definitely heed it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: zackli
I just recently turned 21 and utterly dislike people.

I'm not sure why you are seeking people out on ATS when you say you dislike people and ATS depresses you. But whatever ... I hope you have fun and that, because of the interactions here, your mood is lightened ...

I just got done taking a Sociology of Deviance class,

THAT sounds like it would be exceptionally interesting ....
Very cool.

edit on 6/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It doesn't depress me anymore. Sociology of Deviance was actually fairly mundane. It had bits and pieces that were interesting, but all classes are like that. Compared to all of the other classes I took, it was definitely out there.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I get what you mean about disliking people I come on ats all the time I like the people on here its just that I hate everyone around me who iv met in my life so far (exept for a select few) i think thats what he was getting at, iam pretty sure most of us on here can actually relate to that... I bet its actually the subconscious reason some of us chose to seek out this website and ended up here. Me personally it was a dream I had that led me here, I also get the depressing thing as most of the articles are not about nice things but thats whats happening in the world right now thats why you need ats to keep updated (on whats really happening) then add all the gems, interesting, funny and amazing posts/threads/people and you got one great website and by faaar thee best conspiracy site on the net if I say so myself...

top topics

join