It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to downplay the threat of radical Islam?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Agreed but ignorance is ignoring the fact that it's a real threat and down playing it. "Christians this the Catholic Church that" ya I get that and I get that some of them are doing horrible things.

But there aren't millions of them hellbent on murder and destruction .....

Ignoring this is folly and the epitome of ignorance for the sake of being "politically correct"

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

First you must define what "A Good Muslim" is and what "A Bad Muslim" is. From what I'm gathering you are just throwing every Muslim under the Terrorist banner and that is disgusting. What these extremists are doing in contrary to the teachings of Islam and obviously that is something you haven't bothered to look at.

The Qu'ran does not teach Muslims to kill all Non-Muslims, The Qu'ran clearly states that righteous Christians and Jews are as good as a righteous Muslim. What I gather from people like yourself is that you choose certain issues and use them to push your bs agenda or beliefs.

Extremists are being funded by the West and allies of the West in the Middle East. This is the first clue that Extremists are not fighting in the name of Islam as much as they like to flap their gums they are. If you had any idea about Islam, you would understand this clearly... Maybe if you stopped mis-interpreting what seems negative in the Qu'ran, you would see a clearer picture.

The teachings go much deeper than what you are putting forward. Keep looking for that flying donkey, you will be looking for a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Don't worry, the different sects are busy fighting with each other for the foreseeable future.

They will probably never agree on anything for long enough to develop anything resembling continuity and pose any real actual threat to anyone but each other.

Man created God in his image, not the other way around, that's why religion just doesn't really actually work for anyone....

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Tell the Iraqis who dont subscribe to extremist views that they aren't a threat as their country is being over run.....I'm sure they wouldn't agree

You claim the world is sensationalizing. While progressive left downplays the hostile take over of a whole COUNTRY by militant Islam

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
here is an excerpt from a reply I made in another ATS thread recently:

originally posted by: St Udio
snips from the OP link: dated 20 June 2014

so indeed, Obama is saying that military combat action, war atrocities conducted by religious zealots is a justifiable method of operation towards any Nation...
AQ/ISIL must be only pesky groups of like minded individuals with every right to kill, maim, steal, rape, plunder a Sovereign State as a normal course of protest to affect societal change

Obama is denying the presence of a horde of Jihadists, and tells the Iraqi government this chaos in the country is a result of governmental policy that is not 'inclusive' enough

so, Obama is rigidly adhering to his view that there are No 'Bad' Islamists
Jihad is just one of the acceptable means of practicing the religion,
extreme Jihad is not criminal or viewed as aggression... (thus doing away with civil liberties/rights & Constitutional protections)

So, you can see I seen this diabolical & sinister acceptance by the Obama Administration ~~~as part of the Fundamental Transformation Obama promised the Country in 2007-08

yeah, Jihadists are just normal, every-day, political-religious-Ideological expressions by a disgruntled group--- A fully legitimate form of expression in the course of social interaction

NOT

edit on rd30140352968923212014 by St Udio because: date

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I do agree that Obama is pandering to the extremists.

I see it the same way if Obama was pandering to Westboro Baptist. They are using religion as a vehicle to persecute gays and their own agenda. The extremists are using Islam as THEIR vehicle to attempt to gain control as well.

Obama is just naïve (?) enough to actually believe it is about religion.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Well his comments about "clinging to guns and the bible" comes to mind. He certainly believes that the effort to support the 2nd amendment is carried out by religious extremists and not really folks that are constitutionalist.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: beezzer

Well his comments about "clinging to guns and the bible" comes to mind. He certainly believes that the effort to support the 2nd amendment is carried out by religious extremists and not really folks that are constitutionalist.

Selective persecution.

It fits with his agenda.

WHAT his agenda is? I haven't the foggiest. But I believe we're seeing the beginnings of it now.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
People can quote the Koran all day long. I don't care what it says about war or peace. Proof is in the actions of the followers. I see radical Islamist killing and raping and destroying entire countries. I don't see any Muslims doing anything about it. I also don't see Christians destroying any countries. If anything you could easily argue the USA has turned it's back on Christianity. Especially the government and school system. And look where they are at now.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

May I offer a comparison?

In WWII, Nazi's used nationalism to expand their territory and control.

Now not all German's were Nazi's, while all Nazi's were German.

To further compare, Obama is acting the same way as Neville Chamberlain prior to the Nazi expansion.

Maybe I'm off in my analogy. Dunno. But it isn't about religion. Religion (like nationalism) is simply a vehicle or excuse to do what they are doing.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Soooooooooo . . . it sounds like . . .

you are

EQUATING The Vatican with authentic Christianity? Millions would object.

You CERTAINLY SOUND LIKE

you ARE EQUATING

The Vatican priests

1. Not marrying
2. Molesting children . . . as horrific as that is
3. Having the largest bank account . . . [Last I checked, Saudi Arabia, et al are not exactly paupers]

EQUATING THAT WITH

1. Beheading daughters, sisters, wives for ASSUMED transgressions

2. Vowing to exterminate all Muslims off the face of the earth

3. Refusing to allow any Christian Churches in many Muslim countries while insisting on extra rights in Christian countries

4. Demanding Draconian Sharia law in Christian countries.

= = =

And you seem to think I should take your assertions and your "logic" seriously.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer Yea so even the regular Muslims are afraid of the "Muslims" and cant do anything about it but go along.

By the way does anyone know were "moderate" Muslims are in control of a nation?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

. . .
because everything those cretins are doing is taught against in that religion.

OH?

REALLY?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

List the thousands of Imams who are teaching AGAINST such exterminations of nonMuslims!

Perhaps you could find 100?

Maybe 50?

Maybe 25?

Maybe 10?

Maybe 5?

And be sure to determine that what they are saying to the media is the same that they are saying to their cluster of acolytes in the privacy of their homes and mosques.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'd really like to know what all these people who fear muslim's answer to this extremism should be. The extremism won't go away as long as the religion exists, so should we exterminate the religion? Force the native populations of muslim countries to convert to something else (what would we force them to convert to?) Also, wouldn't that be JUST as bad as the extremists killing non-muslims?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

First you must define what "A Good Muslim" is and what "A Bad Muslim" is. From what I'm gathering you are just throwing every Muslim under the Terrorist banner and that is disgusting. What these extremists are doing in contrary to the teachings of Islam and obviously that is something you haven't bothered to look at.

NONSENSE.

We don't have to pretend we know what a good Muslim is . . . let's take THEIR word for it.

We read, listen to and OBSERVE what thousands of Islamic's most respected and revered Imams are screeching from the top of their lungs and minerets what a GOOD MUSLIM IS . . .

--one with blood dripping from a well used sword

--one with an operative vow to help exterminate all nonMuslims from the planet

--one who murders any even slightly insultingly wayward daughter or sister or spouse

--one who spits at nonMuslims in the street when in a country where their numbers don't yet allow them to murder such nonMuslims.

etc. etc. etc.

The Qu'ran does not teach Muslims to kill all Non-Muslims, The Qu'ran clearly states that righteous Christians and Jews are as good as a righteous Muslim. What I gather from people like yourself is that you choose certain issues and use them to push your bs agenda or beliefs.

Oh, that's rich. Slicing and dicing and picking and choosing as argumentatively convenient from the Koran now. Just as the 'sacred' 'scriptures' instruct . . . even to the point of lying.

The scriptures exhort that the Koran has NOT BEEN EVER CHANGED AT ALL.

Yet the same Koran instructs that LATER verses cancel out, change, the obligation to obey earlier verses. Cute hypocrisy, that.

And, that conveniently ignores that the Koran had at least 5 major changes and that there were multiple versions until a clever Caliph chose one and destroyed all the others.

As to choosing certain issues . . . it's sooooooo cute . . . that Muslims quote the . . . sparsity of nice sounding verses when challenged . . .

and when among their own or in the streets . . . screech loudly for the extermination of nonMuslims . . . and then behave accordingly wherever their numbers allow it. That's real sweet choosing certain issues in certain contexts.

Extremists are being funded by the West and allies of the West in the Middle East. This is the first clue that Extremists are not fighting in the name of Islam as much as they like to flap their gums they are. If you had any idea about Islam, you would understand this clearly... Maybe if you stopped mis-interpreting what seems negative in the Qu'ran, you would see a clearer picture.

Oh, I've noted that the oligarchy is using Islam. And Islam is using the oligarchy. That's clearly a marriage made in hell.

The teachings go much deeper than what you are putting forward. Keep looking for that flying donkey, you will be looking for a lifetime.

Yeah, I'm aware of the depths of the origins of the moon-god worshiping Islam.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

While progressive left downplays the hostile take over of [yet another] whole COUNTRY by militant Islam

What's the total now? I forget.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't think that there is a human answer.

I do believe that Western nations are 1,000% suicidally stupid to allow Islam a camel's nose under the tent into their countries.

It would be a challenge to isolate them to their own lands but it would be more sensible than inviting them to come and exterminate us.

However, the reality is that the globalist oligarchy is using them and will be promoting them more and more toward exterminating Christianity first and then other religions. None are safe. It's just that they are most fiercely targeting Christianity first.

And the oligarchy will get stronger and stronger until the one world government and the one world religion worshiping satan overtly is more or less all that is evident on the world stage. You will scoff at that . . . until it happens.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hate hate hate.

its a sickness that all from all sides cant stay away from.

Have your hell on earth.

You are all one step closer with your views that want separate and divide.

Some try to unite( Muslim/Christian/Jew alike) but they are burned at the stake by their own.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No the conspiracy is to downplay the threat of ANY AND ALL RELIGIONS. Anyone who believes their imaginary being is better than someone else's imaginary being is a radical. Living your life with this kind of neurosis is detrimental to the rest of society. Muslims, weather you want to label them extremists or not, are just as strange as Jews and Christians.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Beezer, Muslim OBama has been public about his agenda for a long time.

--Communist globalist oligarchy--they chose him, reared him, conditioned him, trained him, control him like a puppet on a string

--He seeths with hostility toward authentic Christianity, authentic democratic Republic, authentic freedom, authentic freedom of the press, The constitution, whites,

--He champions violent Muslims and the advance of tyranny across the globe . . . just like his globalist bosses.

BTW, he's not really naive. He's evil and ruthless to the core and deliberately so. You can see it in his eyes in multiple pics. You can hear it in his voice and see it in his word choices and sentence constructions.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yet those very things have happened historically.

Zealots of any stripe are dangerous. Whether Muslim, or Christian, or other.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join