It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to downplay the threat of radical Islam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Do you REALLY BELIEVE

that were our oligarchy controlled and given interventionist excuse for a government TO QUIT such arrogant messing around in other countries . . .

and

just rolled over and played dead regarding the inherent and intense goals of 20% to 70% of Muslims

THAT

said Muslims would lay down their neck blades and give up their world conquest goals
?

IF you BELIEVE that . . .

There's this bridge for sale . .

edit on 23/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: grammar

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

NOPE.

IF Muslims had behaved according to your interpretation . . .

THEY would

NOT have inserted themselves in nonMuslim land after nonMuslim land . . .

built themselves up economically and militarily until they COULD act out their conquest

and THEN done accordingly.

However, I do realize that the "holy" book exhorts Muslims to persistently lie in behalf of Muslim conquest.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
mystifying double post
edit on 23/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I absolutely can't take you seriously after our last exchange re alcohol counselling and prayer. If i could then i really would be buying that bridge. Apologies about being so blunt but i must at least explain why i wont get tangled up in a discussion with you.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Denial is a very functional defense mechanism.

It just doesn't happen to change the facts.

That was a slick deflection from and avoidance of the facts I posted about, however.

edit on 23/6/2014 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I watched this earlier and thought I would share on this thread .You be the judge .

I can do this same thing.......how bout you watch mine

They Say shes being mocked but it sounds like to me the muslim woman talking to this girl makes alot of sense about her own faiths extremism.........

The title of the video is just an example of the SPIN being done by the progressive left...........she isnt being taunted at all.......one muslim woman is speaking to another muslim woman about extremism in their own faith........

And the facts are brought out.......but they want you to THINK its unacceptable to even approach the subject.......

Video is at bottom of page

extremist conversation video with another muslim
edit on 6/23/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

If America goes out with its standing military, and invades a country wreaks havok , blows buildings up and kills innocent people, the world feels it is justified to hate all of America........

But if extremist do it, we must do it we downplay the fact that there are extremist, and we down play Islam...

CNN stated 6% of the Muslim population is extremist. Of the 1.8 Billion muslims in the world, how many are extremists? What is that 108 Million muslim extremists running around.

Thats larger then any standing army in the world........but hey, if they invade or they kill or they bomb or they rape and pillage.........its ok its just a minority.......

Thats a pretty big damn minority, and thats a big damn number

Tell me thats not a problem........

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: smithjustinb

and just get on with our lives whilst they do the same.

They don't want to live and let live. They want to destroy us. They're not going to stop. It's their religion to destroy non-Muslims, and America is their ideal target and always will be.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
There seems to be more of a conspiracy to highten "Islamophibia" in the U.S. than anything else.

The Muslims which are causing all of the problems in the world are radicals or zealots which are always going to be present and always have been, the same as that stupid pastor in Georgia who was online saying he was going to burn Korans simply to piss off Muslims and demonstrate that he himself is a zealot.

There is no real conspiracy here, when it comes to religion it seems it's just a bunch of morons arguing over their beliefs, arguing over their personal interpretations of the scriptures.

That's why all of that garbage is written in parables by those who use religion for their own gain, it was in plain language before the damned churches got hold of it.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
With regards the OP, with the risk of repeating myself, you are falling for western govt engineered divide and conquer. Some young Muslims certainly do fight, be it for their religion, to see their country ruled by the faction that they support, because their family and friends were killed by western forces or because they are just plain mad in the head.
However, is this worse than the armies of the US or UK? They are simply tricked by politics and patriotism into throwing their lives away for the planning and economics of plain capital gain. Is that not more sick? It sure worries me a lot more that my country-folk are naive enough to trust generals with their lives when the motivation for the war is so plain to see.

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

C'mon, Ron Liddle is allowed to speak plenty in that (channel 4, not BBC) clip. Trouble is both he and Yasmin Alibhai Brown are self promoting egos who make their grubby living from editorials in the mainstream media. The often quite openly bigoted Liddle is hardly slated, more gently challenged which he easily brushes off. Ms Alibhai Brown is very much a part of the establishment too - she writes for the Daily Mail ffs and has more to do with moaning self-entitled middle class centre left politics (whilst being paid to make the frothing at the mouth DM seem less fascistic/xenophobic) than representing the views of moderate Islam, let alone the Islam of the Near or Middle East. They are both gatekeepers and the clip is just a pointless performance from two rutting media whores.

Seconded

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Read the post above over 100 million extremist in the world. More then any standing army on earth.

That's 108 million people who believe that if you don't subscribe to their brand of Islam you should be dead.

That's not islamiphobia. That's a real problem

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Funny .. still waiting for people to realise they face a larger threat from neocons and fundamentalist christians .. the threat they pose gets overlooked alot more than the threat of extremist muslims ..

Are you a comedy writer? Show anyone the equivalency of the threat?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I watched this earlier and thought I would share on this thread .You be the judge .

This vid starts out saying its going to have a look at the spin on both sides but ends up attacking a known conservative Muslim watchdog. Like we are to stupid to notice that is not a look at the red/blue use of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: freedom7

So what would you have us do? Should we just go into every muslim country and eradicate the religion? Replace it with... what? Force the people to believe in a new religion like it was done back in the day? I mean really, that is the only way you can get rid of this problem. Get rid of the religion. But we don't do that anymore and anyone who suggests as such is demonized and made to look like a monster (and justifiably so). But if you think about it, you either deal with the extremists the best ways that you can or eradicate the whole religion. In other words, you have to take the good with the bad and in this situation, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Though I will posit that if we do nothing, less (innocent) people would ultimately lose their lives.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: DarknStormy

NOPE.

IF Muslims had behaved according to your interpretation . . .

And if the Vatican behaved according to the Bibles interpretation they would marry, they wouldn't molest children and they wouldn't have the largest bank account in the world.

NOT have inserted themselves in nonMuslim land after nonMuslim land . . .

built themselves up economically and militarily until they COULD act out their conquest

and THEN done accordingly.

That sounds like America..

However, I do realize that the "holy" book exhorts Muslims to persistently lie in behalf of Muslim conquest.

Again, sounds like your talking about your very own government.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Don't worry, the different sects are busy fighting with each other for the foreseeable future.

They will probably never agree on anything for long enough to develop anything resembling continuity and pose any real actual threat to anyone but each other.

Man created God in his image, not the other way around, that's why religion just doesn't really actually work for anyone....

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
No one, nobody is innocent.

Ignorance is not the same as innocence.

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: seagull

They knew the bombers were because they bombed places.

We know those from Cardiff are because they are seen in the ISIS jihad recruitment video, they even say their names and their families recognised them.

And I ask you do Muslims feel the need to differentiate between the western cultures they live in? No. Wales, England, Sweden, Canada.....ect? No. They see it all as one big conglomeration.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The Crusades, in my humble opinion, was an attempt to obtain power/control using religion (Christianity) as an excuse to do so.

The current issues we are seeing is similar.

Some fanatics, hungry for power are using Islam for the same reason.

It isn't about religion or faith. It isn't about Sharia Law, vs Christianity.

It is about power and control and dominance.

As to the central question brought up by the OP?

Is there a conspiracy to downplay the threat of radical Islam?

Yes. The fanatics are using PC to hide behind. They pretend it is about religion and faith, but it isn't.

The Imam's are no better than the Popes in the past that abused their own religion, their own followers to gain a foothold in world dominance.

It's more about money and power than it is about religion.

Of course, this is just my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Your opinion is spot on.. These Extremists are not representing Islam. Islam should not even come into the picture because everything those cretins are doing is taught against in that religion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join