It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a conspiracy to downplay the threat of radical Islam?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Your perspective on those scores is not convincing to me.

My roommate's life long Muslim status as well as his year of intensive study of the history of Islam is much more convincing to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: BO XIAN

Dude, I have studied Islam for almost a decade.. Since about 2007 to be exact. I have quoted verses from the horses mouth which literally disproves any claim of a Moon God being worshipped in Islam. Robert Morey is a liar, you know, that guy who invented the Moon God crap.

The Qu'ran proves that Allah is not a Moon God.

"And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [Noble Quran 41:37]

Only bow down to Allah, the one who created the Sun and the Moon. Is that what I'm getting from the above verse? The Moon God theory is crushed right there. But I guess information from the most important text in Islam is not convincing enough, yeah?

Did Robert Morey even read the Qu'ran to prove his ground breaking findings about Islam? By the look of things, he didn't or he just likes being a liar. The thing about me is I don't find you convincing, it's the reason why I respond to that type of garbage. Your room mate should stop seeing with one eye...

Alright. What we need to do here then is notice that the concept of a primary creator is not exclusive to anyone. The details are.

Take the Egyptian convolution. They have primary creator god with subordinate creator gods of much less power each claiming some responsibility for creating something.

My opinion on "Allah" is that it is a general name born out of convolution of general names for a supreme or supreme beings and conflicts with the personal names given the Hebrews, the real oracle people. The fact that hard Muslims want to destroy Israle and the fact that they put their prophet on equal footing with the Hebrew prophets tells me all I need to know.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i feel pretty bad about all this. so many people are going to suffer on all sides of this issue. even people who are non-abrahamic. many have already. muslims are being manipulated, christians too, so are atheists, jews, pagans, and on and on. this thing is massive because so many people hail from one of the abrahamic religions.

i thought this was as good a video as any to give people an insight into the atheist european mindset regarding this. this guy is a rabid anti-christian and anti-muslim, however, even he is starting to notice something is just not right about all this, and i don't mean in the sense of muslim vs. christian, but in the larger scale -- the leaders of every western nation have all begun to behave very strangely, almost in unison.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hey Bo!
You've been talking about this roommate of yours for years now, and it ends up being your final line of arguments in all our discussions ("But my roommate said..!").

Surely you see that this is not a valid counter? If someone said "Water is made from two hydrogen and one oxygen atom", someone else replying "But I had a roommate in college who was a scientist of 10 years, and he said there is also a copper atom!" would be meaningless.

I think it is time for you to consider that your roommate had no idea what he was talking about (or was intentionally misleading you).
edit on 28-6-2014 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

The video is worth watching, in fact it should be systematically enforced in every US household, business and played on street corners around the US hourly until the people of the US wake up and smell the coffee.

The US has long been a cohort of the EU and is seen as a leader in politics, it is being a terrible role model recently and due to global politics it has affected many other nations.

Instead of falling for ''it's the Zionists'' ''it's the CIA'' perhaps it is more like ''it's an unamerican american president''.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Your perspective on those scores is not convincing to me.

My roommate's life long Muslim status as well as his year of intensive study of the history of Islam is much more convincing to me.

Yeah, it's called borderline delusional. Especially when the evidence I have provided cannot be refuted because it is in the Islamic holybook. The Qu'ran answers your point of view about a Moon God and destroys that view at the same time. You can believe all the bs you want, I don't care.
edit on 28-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

The Qu'ran does admit that Israel was given to the Jews/Hebrews, that isn't the issue.. The problem is that it was given to them if they were righteous in their conduct. If they weren't then it would be taken from them and this has already happened twice. Let's assume that todays Zionists are the real Jews. Did they acquire Palestine based on righteousness? No they didn't. They stole, they murdered and continue to oppress today.

Zionists used the Bible to justify their claim to the Holyland but what they forgot to mention is that the exact same thing that is written in the Qu'ran is also written in the Bible. The Bible also states that the Hebrews must be righteous in their conduct otherwise face punishment and I guess exile etc. In otherwords, the laws of Judaism must be observed or they will be punished. In Judaism, Jewish law is considered righteous. Anything around that including democracy is a denial of God.

So if we are to look at this issue from a religious perspective, the current State of Israel is a blasphemy. From a political view, the Muslims are wrong. From a religious view, the Muslims are absolutely correct.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

I'm not really that bad an assessor of persons.

I'm not really that bad an assessor of personal narratives.

I realize that your assessment of my skills on such issues is quite another matter.

But then we rarely agree on much of anything.

No big surprise there.

Besides, there are dozens of lifelong, very credentialed experts on Islam who agree with my roommate.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Where is all this information and stuff your room mate researched? Can you give me something to work with instead of boasting about his credentials as a backyard Islamic scholar? It's one thing to use him as your defence, it's another to provide what he actually researched and found.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Given that you seem to be immune to all the very credentialed University professor expert scholars on Islam . . . I'm sure you'd be immune to his stuff, too.

He was going to send a chunk of it to me once . . . and got distracted with the busy-ness of his family and business. The same information is available on the net, anyway--on the better quality sites for such.

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Dude, I don't know what he researched, I don't know which people have praised his efforts, If you understand and know you shouldn't have a problem citing them for me. Just don't use Wikipedia, I don't know about where you are but in Australian Universities, Wikipedia is worthless...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Very interesting points made all the way around guys. Thanks for making this thread insightful. This is obviously a very serious issue that is at the heart for all of us who value our freedoms and seek to gain knowledge on the origins of Islamic extremism, it's goals and ultimately the big question- whether there is a conspiracy to downplay it.

I was just reading another thread in regards to the Israeli/ Palestinian escalating tensions, warfare etc...
One poster wrote something that really stood out to me. He said he believed that there are much larger powers at play behind all of this than just Israel and Palestine ( most of us here at ATS would probably agree ) he stated he believes that the Powers that be, orchestrated a string of events that have led to Israel finally decided to take on a true offensive ( murder of the 3 teenagers come to mind).

In this process he stated he believes Palestine will be left to fend for itself essentially while the world watches Israel seemingly unleash attacks that will gain worldwide condemnation.

He states this is by design to enrage the Arab world, and unite them together in a massive effort to truly set its sights on Israel and wipe it off the face of the earth..

For those of us who believe in the bible ( specifically the Book of Revelation) It's a crazy thought to think we may be seeing prophecy unfold before our very eyes.

I want to go on record here, saying I definitely don't agree with everything Israel is doing. I can only imagine the grief a family would feel if an Israeli Air strike were to leave their child dead, and It's quite obvious Israel is not without sin.

That being said, I encourage all readers and everyone regardless of background and faith to put yourself in Israel's shoes and realize that they have a very long history of constant persecution. There are many countries that have attempted to annihilate them completely. And as we all understand, every country has a God given right to defend itself against any aggressors.

Terrorist networks like Hamas, ISIS, Hezbollah are relentless and the threat is very real. I know there is evil on both sides when it comes to Israel and Palestine s conduct, all we can is hope and pray that this conflict does not unite the Arab world together with a conquest to invade Israel.. because if that happens , America and it's allies will come to Israel's aid and we will undeniably have WW3 upon us.. involving all the superpowers and big players..

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
"Religion does exactly the opposite of what it is supposed to do and ALWAYS lies. "

Murgatroid, you are correct.

This planet would be much better if all religions were dismantled and thrown to a black hole in space.

Religions are man-made constructs that deceive and control people, usually the masses. A human being doesn't need man-made structures or constructs to reach the Divine Father that created him.

Anyone who has prayed and/or meditated, should know this. We can reach Him directly, and by being sensitive, we can receive answers from Him. Oh, maybe not in a verbal form, but we will know, when something 'interesting' happens - like, synchronicity, for example.

An Omnipotent Being is of course everywhere - inside of us, outside of us, and everywhere inbetween. He is in the physical, in the etheric, in the astral, in the causal, in the mental and in the cosmic planes of existence.

He is in every atom that exists, and every particle/wave as well. His sentience forms our souls - and His creation is the Universe in all its glory and all its dimensions and planes.

Then a tiny ant builds a church and says that's the way to know Him .. and other ants stupidly believe that nonsense!

Atheists - sorry, if this sounded insulting to you - I mean no offense, but it's hard to tell the truth on this planet without 'offending' someone accidentally. I am sure you face the same problem when you try to tell scientific facts to religious fanatics and such nuts.

Religions have had a real, damaging effect to the spiritual evolution of the beings that were once humans, but have now devolved to a level of mere half-animals - if that - and are quickly descending towards demon-animal-level.

Wearing black clothes with masonic death cult symbols on them, listening to metal 'music' (associated with the same symbols), eating murdered flesh of innocent animals every day, smoking, drinking cell poison, using drugs, polluting, littering and overpopulating the planet and being completely selfish and egotistical - is this the sign of a human being, or a sign of a demon or some other kind of awful, barbaric beast - or worse?

Forgot to mention becoming a shut-in and 'heel-walking' when living upstairs..

When you consider my claim about the level these half-animals are descending towards, please consider the everyday habits of everyone you know, and rethink your opinion.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
yes indeed... the WH & the politically correct & compliant media (print/TV/magazines/NWO think-tanks)
all downplay the teeny-weeney group of radicalized Sunni-Jihadists saying that their agenda of terror, inhumanity are not mainstream Islam

Well...I inform you that there is no branch or sect of Islam which is not about power, violence, and in total control of the every aspect of the Lives of every Muslim

Which is why there are only TWO world views operating Islam:

Dar al Islam - The world of Submission

Dar al Harb - The world of War

in Islam there is no 'world of Peace'
- no 'world of prosperity'
- no ' worlds of Democracy/Freedom/equal rights'

there is only submission to the Theocratic masters...
and continual War - Jihad on personal and/or geopolitical level
edit on st31141217242101072014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

To

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: Logarock

I wanted to STAR your post, but there is no blank-star to click for that awarding....sorry, maybe you need to check into that malfunction
edit on st31141217327801212014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You forgot that woman are considered expendable and third class citizens.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You forgot that woman are considered expendable and third class citizens.

...there are plenty of things which Islam says is un-importance...
I tried to lump in the woman as slave/half-human under the 'equal rights'

see:

... in Islam there is no 'world of Peace'
- no 'world of prosperity'
- no ' worlds of Democracy/Freedom/equal rights' ...

but your input was well stated

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually, while "Dar-ul-Islam" (also named as Dar-ul-Salam, i.e. abode of peace) exists, the term "Dar-ul-Harb" exists nowhere in Islamic scripture. It was made up later, and has nothing to do with Islam.

Dar es Salaam, however, is in Tanzania.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: babloyi
Actually, while "Dar-ul-Islam" (also named as Dar-ul-Salam, i.e. abode of peace) exists, the term "Dar-ul-Harb" exists nowhere in Islamic scripture. It was made up later, and has nothing to do with Islam.

Dar es Salaam, however, is in Tanzania.

Yeah... I read the "Islam 101" page...and it isn't technically in the Scripture... but it is in the collective conscious of the modern day Muslim and is a focal point of which helps generate the radical movement...

al Harb was added later and meant to bring about a clearer point-of-understanding of the Quranic message...

If the term/idea/concept is accepted as fact by the modern Muslim ...then It Has Relevence

just like the 'Rapture' believers.... that word is not in Scripture(either) but it sure shapes the minds, beliefs of way too many Christians and dominionists...
just as 'Dar al Harb' is not in Scripture per se

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
But the point is that it doesn't, and it isn't. The average everyday muslim probably has never heard of the term "dar-ul-harb". The educated, scholarly muslim probably has, and knows it has no basis in Islam. Neither of them accept it as part of their religion.
The only people who harp on about it are the dudes who speak in terrorist motivational videos, and people who want to bash muslims over the head with how evil their religion is.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I do believe that Western nations are 1,000% suicidally stupid to allow Islam a camel's nose under the tent into their countries.

Western nations allowing Islam into their countries?

So you are a fanatic, have an extremest ideology like the mad Muslims you hate so much, maybe you guys, The haters of Islam and Isis followers can meet up and make this place better for us by exterminating yourselves.

It would be a challenge to isolate them to their own lands but it would be more sensible than inviting them to come and exterminate us.

Hey if you are so stupid to act in a way your actions pose an invitation to be exterminated I think sensibility is in a world you can dream of.

The suggestion of isolating someone because their belief differs from yours will get you a one way ticket to those lands you would condemn others to with a big sign (like the Jesus freaks walking down the street) exposing you for who you are.

How much do want sound like Hitler?

Yez Itz wuldz be a challenge.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join