It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Football Soccer World Cup 2014 Forcast of the Angel of Lightness

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

Dear AdAstra,

Yes, you are quite right, in the stadium of Mireinao that day on Belo Horizonte at the end of the Germany Brazil match there was nothing to celebrate, it was instead one of the moments of lowest quality level ever shown in the practice of any sport.

The Brazilians were in great part responsible, since they knew even before that game that they didn't deserve to be there and they insisted to go ahead in a suicide attitude following with the lie, but Germany also is responsible of the horrible spectacle, because they didn't understand that their position as stronger team was to respect themselves and also the History of Soccer and ask the FIFA to cancel such a farce of match, or at least to stop it after the third goal, when it was clear that Brazilians couldn't continue playing.

Netherlands have give to us a so important lesson, they had exactly the same opportunity Germany had, even worst since Brazilians arrived to that match with no moral at all to defend, but they stopped at some point in the scoring just as a proof of self discipline and also because they were more conscious how expensive and difficult is for a country to organize a tournament of this category, an humiliation was out of their mind.

PLease read this, specially the members that insist to defend a bizarre result that can't not be defended at all.

globalnews.ca...

I celebrate that the Dutch National team understood perfectly the situation and what was the correct thing to do.

sidelinesapp.com...

It is lack of Intelligence to continue claiming that the 7-1 is an acceptable result, Brazil was welcoming all of us, the nation opened the door to many national teams, spent millions of millions of reales in to prepare this event, they didn't deserve to receive such a horrendous treatment, what we did against them can only make feel proud to somebody that is mad or out of his sane mind, blinded by the most low passions the human spirit can experience.

In Belo Horizonte Germany didn't have rival to play with, that is all what can be said to be Honest.

This is a terrible spot for the FIFA also that tolerated such a grave situation and didn't take any action on time.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 7/15/2014 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

So the ref should have stopped it?
No they were just beat by a better team....Greavsie once said "Its a funny old game".

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It is lack of Intelligence to continue claiming that the 7-1 is an acceptable result, Brazil was welcoming all of us, the nation opened the door to many national teams, spent millions of millions of reales in to prepare this event, they didn't deserve to receive such a horrendous treatment, what we did against them can only make feel proud to somebody that is mad or out of his sane mind, blinded by the most low passions the human spirit can experience.

No its a lack of intelligence to say that A German football team could ever stop playing at their best ability before the whistle sounds.

Its in their nature in both sport and business.

The treatment they received or any other losing team do is always due to the defensive performance and if that can out match the offense at hand.

Make feel proud?

1-0 score line is exactly the same as 10-0 score line in football, to try and place negativity on a wining teams win because it was high scoring is a little mad or out of his sane mind if one lacks the intelligence of how the game is played.

Some of the suggestions you give, Stop a world cup game because 3 goals are scored by one team?

Whats the point then of playing at all, why not just play fantasy football then and if too many goals are scored you can end the fantasy game.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

So the ref should have stopped it?

No they said Germany should have stopped it.

Wouldn't that be a forfeit and the Brazilians would have gone through?

Would Brazil or any team for the matter even go for such a suggestion in a world cup or any other international game?

Wouldn't the loosing team then be able to say if the game lasted the full 90 then the score could have been different?

Some of the suggestions are just mind boggling

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I guess the guy has never played footie...give up because you don't wanna make em cry lol yeah right.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Guess you choose to ignore the facts of the Maracanazo 1950 World Cup which I have pointed out a couple times in this thread about how Brazil did the same to TWO teams in the Semi Finals of that cup only to be beaten in the final.

So do they get a pass for being so un-sportsmanlike? Sounds like you are biased or are just trolling now.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You've never played sports at a competitive level. Say what you like, anyone who thinks like you have posted in that reply hasn't been in a serious competitive match of any sort in any team sport. You don't stop playing until the final buzzer goes or the final whistle blows.

Brazil was humiliated because they have below average defending, below average goal keeping and little depth past Neymar up front.

The Dutch played their game to the final whistle. Brazil played there's and it wasn't good enough.

Didn't deserve to be humiliated that way by Germany? Any time two teams step into the playing arena of high level competitive sports, a result like that is possible. There have been scores like that at the WC before and their will be again.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hmmm, a psychic? Don't quit your day job, LOL! Please understand, nothing personal, just putting a little levity into what has turned into a quite serious discussion.

And in your defense, I don't think many would have predicted the final outcome, or the trouncing Brazil took against Germany. For awhile there, I thought Brazil was going to win the whole thing.

I wish the US would have won, but that would have been a very far fetched prediction indeed. I'm glad Germany won.

edit on 15-7-2014 by ChiefD because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well done Germany, I would love to be in Berlin tonight, what a party, I hope they celebrate well.
@Angel of light, your 'nazi sympathies' slur towards those who enjoyed that high scoring game against Brazil really killed your argument for me. I watched my sons rugby team lose by over a hundred points in a competitive match once, and all of them held their heads high playing to the end, without expressing the bitterness you have shown in this topic.

In a competitive game you score as much as you can, but during a 'friendly' it can of course be different.
Using a rugby example again, this year during a friendly game on a tour ,my sons team was hammering the other side so badly they switched their forwards with backs so the other team won every scrum, then absolutely everyone erupted in cheers for the losers when they scraped a single drop goal. Few pints at the clubhouse later and lots of laughs.

...but in a competitive match?! Nope, every point you can get until it's over.
And to your bleating about a nation in mourning or devastation emotions blah blah, get over it, it's football, not life or death. My home nation is Wales and the last time we (accident/default) qualified for the world cup was 1958, should I start self-harming while rocking to myself in a chair and wearing a black armband now? Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't understand this either.
Why stop after 3 goals?
Is it a bad thing now to show how good you are?

I agree the the OP probably never played a competitive sport in their life.

I used to play in the girl's soccer team in elementary and high school. I was a goalie.
Our coach never told us to slow down, because we are beating the other team too much.

Also growing up, I watched a lot of soccer games with my grandpa, and have seen a lot of games 6:1, 5:1, 7:2, etc.
It's normal.
The better team wins, and give it their all.

edit on 15/7/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Do you want a more clear explanation about why I claim such a game Brazil-Germany didn't measure nothing in terms of better performance? well, because those two teams clearly were not of the same category, they belonged clearly to very different levels, so it was absurd to expect a different outcome.

Brazil never might be present in that field that day, that is the real root cause of the problem that caused Mineirazo. If FIFA officers really knows how to do their job they must realized that they were going to create a scandal for this sport by accepting such a thing, that is not Football but anti-Football. There were many complaints of Croatia, and Chile about the way referees favored Brazil, systematically ignored by the FiFa, even before to see a Penalty that was bypassed in the match with Columbia, that perfectly would have put Brazil out of competition on time to prevent this Fiasco.

It is no true that there have been in the past many other games of the same Characteristics at semifinal or final like this one, Mineirao only have a close precedent in History, the Maracanazo, where Uruguay scored 2 goals in final of world cup. This was by far the worst result ever experienced by Brazil or semifinalist team in World cup History, there was never nothing similar in such so advanced stage of the tournament.

Is so upside down your criteria to determine what is competitively acceptable like is somebody authorizes to let a jockey to ride a donkey in the hippodrome to compete with pure blood horses or a feather weight boxer to confront a heavy weight one for the world title, that is absolutely bizarre and unacceptable in any sport.

Please give lessons of competitive sport to ignorant people, not to me, I have been practicing sport almost all my life, and when somebody arrange for me a match I always check if my rival is really of my same category, I don't like to risk a ridicule by arranged games in the same way of blind dates.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Really InhaleExhale,

You really make laugh with that so peculiar way to interpret the rules of soccer, who taught you that??

Now, if goals might not be important at all in a match, if only would be important to win or to lose, as you have dared to reply, in such a tone of authority,

I want to ask you then why there is goal difference to determine the passing from first round of world cup to the second?

Many countries couldn't go farther in a world cup , since they didn't have good enough goal difference in their scores and they were tied with other teams in points.

Just in this 2014 version of the cup we have a very clear case:

why don't you ask to USA national team if the Goal difference is useful in Soccer??

Why don't you ask that same question to Portugal national team??

Regulations, 2006 FIFA World Cup, page 6: "In the league system the ranking in each group is determined as follows:
(a) greater number of points obtained in all the group matches;
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above criterion, their ranking shall be determined as follows:
(b) greater number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
(c) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
(d) greater number of goals scored in the group matches between the teams concerned;
(e) goal difference in all the group matches;
(f) greater number of goals scored in all the group matches;
(g) a play-off on neutral ground."

and this rule is not exclusive of just the World cup:

IFAB (July 2007). "Procedures to determine the winner of a match or home-and-away" (PDF). Laws of the Game 2007/2008. Zurich: FIFA. p. 54. Archived from the original on 25 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-08. "Away Goals: Competition rules may provide that where teams play each other home and away, if the scores are equal after the second match, any goals scored at the ground of the opposing team will count double."

or

"Regulations of the UEFA Champions League 2006–07, Rule 4.05" (PDF). UEFA. March 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-11. "If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:
a) higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
b) superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
c) higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;
d) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
e) higher number of goals scored in all group matches played;
f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons.

and finally,

Regulations of the UEFA Cup 2006–07, Rule 4.06" (PDF). UEFA. March 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-11. "If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:
a) superior goal difference from all group matches played;
b) higher number of goals scored;
c) higher number of goals scored away;
d) higher number of wins;
e) higher number of away wins;
f) higher number of coefficient points accumulated by the club in question, as well as its association, over the previous five seasons

Excuse me, if I look rude with you, but my friend to don't know the weight goal difference has in soccer, Not only to score the players to gain awards like the golden boot or Golden ball, but the way it affects the teams, is a very basic knowledge of Soccer rules, it is absurd in a person that believes has the authority to determine who knows of this sport and who doesn't, that reveals huge ignorance.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I suggest you to read this before to continue repeating such unfortunate comments in public:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

What do we have here? Another attack of the union of my Foes and contradictors?

First all this was not a game in between amateurs, but in between players supposedly are professionals and live of this job. Everybody that is really professional in Sport knows that there are categories we must respect, it is not the same to put two teams of the same division to play a match, than to try to do so in between a team of 1st category and one of 4th division.

That was what happened in Mineirao that day, because Germany the least that it deserved for image was to have had a rival of their same category, a team like Columbia, even Chile or Croatia would have done a several times better presentation than that Brazilian one. None of those teams could be beaten as Brazil, we all know that.

Many countries have Professional soccer tournaments arranged in divisions, and this is precisely to prevent so poor shows like the one occurred in Belo Horizonte, where the public instead to enjoy a great game decided to cry and felt stressed, embarrassed and stolen in the money they paid for the right to be there, forced to witness not a game but a massacre, to see such a brutality.

No body pays a ticket to attend a match of world cup to see such unbalanced confrontation, that can be acceptable in a game among amateurs in a park the sundays on any neighborhood of any city, but not in the stadium of a world cup.

Arrange a Boxing fight in between a guy like Wladimir Klitschko vs Erick Morales and that is the equivalent in that sport of what was the match in between Brazil and Germany, and I am sure Erick is several times better boxer than what Brazil national team showed in Soccer.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jul, 15 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I am neither your foe nor your contradictor. I am making statements based on what I see in your posts, nothing more.

but in between players supposedly are professionals and live of this job.

Correct. Professionals. They get paid and paid very well to do a job and that is win football games. If you think for a moment that these players are going to let up in the semi final of a World Cup, again, you have no true idea of how sports are played at the highest levels. This isn't everybody gets a medal and everybody scores a goal. It's the World Cup and what happened was a German team highlighted and exploited the weaknesses of the Brazilian team. No comment can be made other than pure speculation on whether another team would have performed better. The fact is Brazil was in the semi final and they were shown to be a team that lacked depth at most positions. It would have been an complete insult to the Brazilians had the Germans let up.

As for this...

t is not the same to put two teams of the same division to play a match, than to try to do so in between a team of 1st category and one of 4th division.

It happens every year in most professional leagues around Europe. The Copa del Ray or the FA Cup for example. And fourth division teams beat first division teams every year.

No body pays a ticket to attend a match of world cup to see such unbalanced confrontation,

Sure they do. Was there no one at the match between France and Honduras? Or how about Germany and Australia in '10? Or Portugal and North Korea in '10? That last match had almost 65 thousand people at it. People pay good money to see all kinds of teams play against each other. The World Cup, by it's very nature, is unbalanced. As are countries national Cups. Even things like the Europa Cup or Champions League matches have unbalanced matches. That's the nature of football, which I don't think you understand very well.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Look give it up already first it is hard to take any notice when you call it soccer and 2nd you are wrong about many things here, many here have been watching football since they were a little kid (35 years me) and know all the rules but we know the rule instilled in us when playing "Always play to your best ability and never give up" I wouldn't have given up even If ten nil up.
You really are showing your ignorance towards the beautiful game.
Blimey you should have tried to be a Man City fan before we were good lol.
edit on 16-7-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I want to ask you then why there is goal difference to determine the passing from first round of world cup to the second?

Because that is in a tournament when a points system is used to determine who proceeds to next stages.

Was the 7-1 win in a group match or in a knock out stage like lets say the semi finals?

Many countries couldn't go farther in a world cup , since they didn't have good enough goal difference in their scores and they were tied with other teams in points.

Yes and?

What does that have do with the 7-1 victory for Germany and how its was disrespectful?

Now if this was a group match and Germany and Brazil were in the same group and it was the last game of the 1st round would it still be insulting if Germany needed the 7-1 win to get through?

You seem to want to put your wired idea of competition and insult your competitor by saying they are nothing worthy or skilled enough to play you on this German win.

What you suggest would be the greatest insult to any competitor and would change from a sporting match top a fist fight.

To have that arrogate means yes you might skill but no determination and if you are at the top of your game it wont be long before those that you refuse to play against because you think they are not skilled enough to go up against you will defeat you.

You have no concept of competition in a professional sporting sense.

Excuse me, if I look rude with you, but my friend to don't know the weight goal difference has in soccer, Not only to score the players to gain awards like the golden boot or Golden ball, but the way it affects the teams, is a very basic knowledge of Soccer rules, it is absurd in a person that believes has the authority to determine who knows of this sport and who doesn't, that reveals huge ignorance.

I cant see you,

But we are not talking about a group match so your ramblings has no relevance.

I suggest you to read this before to continue repeating such unfortunate comments in public:

How about you read what you replied to and try and find where you went wrong.

I quoted what I directed my reply to and the discussion was about the 7-1 victory in a semi final.

That what I meant by it makes no difference if its 1-0 or 10-0 score line, because we are discussing a semi final match and that game doesn't end until the the whistle sounds and a professional doesn't stop giving as much as they can until it does.

If you want discuss goal difference like I said before your suggestion to stop a world cup game because of goals scored is rather insane from a fans, a players and a coaches point of view.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

First all this was not a game in between amateurs, but in between players supposedly are professionals and live of this job. Everybody that is really professional in Sport knows that there are categories we must respect, it is not the same to put two teams of the same division to play a match, than to try to do so in between a team of 1st category and one of 4th division.

You've never heard of the FA Cup in England where the game was invented?

Its quite a surprise when a lower division team makes its way amongst the giants of the FA.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
And check out the Scottish league as well, sometimes more goals scored than people watching!
...I'm only teasing Scotland, love ya really x

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

It is no true that there have been in the past many other games of the same Characteristics at semifinal or final like this one, Mineirao only have a close precedent in History, the Maracanazo, where Uruguay scored 2 goals in final of world cup. This was by far the worst result ever experienced by Brazil or semifinalist team in World cup History, there was never nothing similar in such so advanced stage of the tournament.

Again....you are completely incorrect. I have pointed out TWICE now that in the same World Cup of 1950 that you continue to reference as the Mracanazo, Brazil did the exact same thing to TWO teams in the same round of the Cup as Germany did to them this year. 7-1 and 6-1.

Why do you continue to ignore that. You are wrong on every level in this thread, your prediction and your statements.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GAOTU789

Come on Gaotu789,

It is better to describe the things by their proper name, every body knows here and in Capernaum that Brazil was in to the semifinals thanks to the help of the referees, not by any merit in soccer.

They passed in to the semifinals thanks to the decision of a referee the denied a very so clear Penalty that might be given to Columbia, well besides other 30 faults Brazilians made just in that only match.

The expulsion of the defender Da Silva of the field was just the peak of the Iceberg, there was a mountain of faults never punished below it.

What were the consequences? that a very mediocre team that also arrived to quarter finals by cheating the Croatians and Chileans made the worst possible ridicule pretending to be a genuine semifinalist.

It is must be blind who ever never noticed something abnormal favoring Brazil in a way that is illegal according with the rules of Soccer.

It is only needed to Check the films about Croatia, Chile and Columbia matches with Brazil to see how low was actually their performance weeks before the disaster at Mineirao in Belo Horizonte. When a team must play almost all the time out of the rules is symptomatic of lack of capability to maintain a good quality of performance.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 7/16/2014 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join