It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's about that time to introduce myself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Good day to you all,

My name is Joe. I've been a lurker of the ATS shadows for many years. I registered this account in 2012, but have been visiting since 2007ish. The reason being, is that I simply enjoy reading all the different sides of arguements, especially when it comes to the conspiracy world. Reading through a post, usually provides me the answers I hope to find, and you all provide those well enough without my contribution.

An example, as simple as it is, UFO's. Whenever I open a post with a video/pictures of a potential UFO, there are always people who are able to intelligently debunk it with actual knowledge, and not just speculation. My contribution would only be speculation. Same with "Mars rocks"...I get a kick out of those posts. Fun to look at, fun to read.

I'm 32 years old, going on 33. I'm an Active Duty Air Force member who chooses to maintain neutrality on most matters, especially when it comes to military/politics. I don't believe in modern religion, but I do believe there is a higher power. I don't believe in politics, especially when it's centered around a 2 party system and has corruption at all levels. I do believe there is life beyond our own solar system. I love science, but I also believe that science and religion will one day come together. (perhaps science is essentially the study of that higher power?)

I'm always striving to learn, never too quick to form a thought or a belief. I'm a realist, often looked at as a pessimist. I was born in Southern California, but I claim Wyoming as my home because that's where I spent most of my youth. I'm currently stationed in Ohio. I enjoy serving my country, but I do see flaws in the system that I serve. I'm a father first, a golf enthusiest, and love all things sports. My one true gift in life is my ability to write. Many times people have urged me to write. And I've recently began writing columns for a local paper.

Over the past few months, I've started to speak out of the shadows here. A comment here and there is all. But, I've gotten to know these boards pretty well, and I think there are some areas where I can contribute. I won't get to "phage" status, or "Slayer" status with how much I'll post here....but you might see me pop in a few more threads. As I continue to gain knowledge, I have developed more of a purpose to spread that knowledge and insight so that others may learn, and/or I may continue to learn on a different level.

Anyway...a long introduction, I know. But one thing I've learned is that if you're going to do or say something, say it right the first time. I look forward to disussing the conspiracy world more with you all and I know that I won't let you down, nor will you let me down.

Peace,
Joe
edit on 22-6-2014 by Assassin82 because: input added

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What a freaking AWESOME introduction!!!

You sound in whole "logical".

Former lurker/stalker myself. Hope to see you around!!!

I have no cookies but loads of these----->

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Welcome to the asylum.. erm.. ats .. where things are rarely what they seem .. be amazed at what lurks in the dark corners and basements .. just dont look under the beds or in the icebox as thats where the truly scary things are and theyve been known to eat unsuspecting people at times ..

Happy hours at 1700 b.y.o.b .. not responsible for any hangovers you may incur along the way ..

The others should be along shortly with your welcome gifts and survival kit .. and Bally probably be along with a sanger for you .. contrary to pronto's claims wasnt me that nicked his beer ..

Enjoy your visit.. youve now passed the line of departure there is no turning back ..
edit on 22/6/14 by Expat888 because: typo .. grrr..

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Haha...thanks. I do try to sustain a logical sense of being in life. How many times in conversation do we see someone running their mouth without anything to back it up? You feel bad for that person. I'd rather not be "that person".

edit on 22-6-2014 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

Thank you for your service! Glad you finally took the plunge, welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I don't think I'd want to turn back even if I could. This site and all of it's uniqueness has kept me checking in 4-5 times a week for so long, I often wondered why I didn't start to chime in long ago.

From what I gather, I need to keep my beer locked up, out of the icebox. And should I ever go on an under-the-bed adventure....bring a flashlight, a shotgun, and said survival kit. Got it!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

It's my pleasure!! Now, where's phage to debunk that kitty UFO? lol

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Hi Joe-

Welcome to ATS. I hope you find what you are looking for.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Are you really an Assassin - or do you know of an Assassin that ate two?
In any case... You're in Ohio, so I should be safe.
Welcome from the shadows.
Looking forward to your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

As a former lurker then turned member (because I couldn't resist anymore), welcome and please contribute as much as you can. Beware of trolls and schills that patrol this site.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Ha...No...definitely not an assassin. I was killing some time and playing "Assassins Creed" when I created the account which is where the motivation for it came from. I tried changing the name but couldn't figure out if I could or not. Eventually gave up on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

The trolls....they're everywhere! I like to feed the trolls. I know you're not supposed to, but getting them all wound up on purpose and in disguise is a good counter-balance to their chaos.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Welcome to your new addiction. 12 step meetings in the basement on Tuesdays. Don't open the door at the end of the hall in the basement, that's where we keep weird Uncle Bernie locked up.

Here's your Welcome Cookies...enjoy...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums...and Thank You for serving our Country.

Des

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
yep .. you got it .. if you can survive the insanity around here the zombie apocalypse will be a picnic .. or whichever apocalypse hits ..

Hoping it holds off till finish construction on the apocalypse pub .. for holding doomsday parties ..

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

LSH to Assassin82

Well it looks like you took the right pill ....here take these

Your going to need them

Welcome aboard the ship !

and never mind PHAGE he's an agent

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Welcome!! Enjoy your journey!

Phage? What Phage? We never saw him, he was never here... Wait, who? LOL...

P.S. It is ok to not be famous.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82 (perhaps science is essentially the study of that higher power?)
Wernher von Braun said something similar. He believed the more he knew about science the more convinced he became of a higher power. I don't remember the exact quote but you can look it up and I'm sure you'll find it. Nice Post! "Thanks for your service" also.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

As indicated by XPat, I offer the sausage sanger to welcome you to the site. No takers thus far so I may have to dust off my recipe for beer battered balls to offer in future.

Have a good time here. Look forward to interesting discussions.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

I don't think I'd want to turn back even if I could. This site and all of it's uniqueness has kept me checking in 4-5 times a week for so long, I often wondered why I didn't start to chime in long ago.

From what I gather, I need to keep my beer locked up, out of the icebox. And should I ever go on an under-the-bed adventure....bring a flashlight, a shotgun, and said survival kit. Got it!

G,day mate and welcome
yep you got it right you will also need mad comics and for stealth training, phantom comics,
but no pam 13's
enjoy the ride
hmm glad Bally left that bloody big grumpy roo home lol
sorry about Pats happy hour times he's geting on now and he's slowing down. happyhour dont end lol

top topics

join