It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel stirkes 9 military targets in Syria.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Syria is the victim of illegal attacks, not Israel. Remember also Syria is not a Nuclear Power. Israel IS!

Israel has even grabbed and taken control of some Syrian land. This is what Israel wants. It wants Syrian land and assets. It also wants Iraq as well. This is why the ISIS or ISIL is in Iraq. These Terrorists are supported, Armed and Funded by Israel, US, EU, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. They have been created to split Iraq and Syria up which it will make the Elite easier to take it over. Divide and Conquer!

These unprovoked attacks by Israel are to cause confusion and division within the Muslim community. Israel is taking advantage of this. Small missiles and rockets fired from Syria at Israel are not done by the Syrian Government. They are done by the Terrorist Rebels to blame the Syrian Government so that Israel can get some kind of excuse to attack!

You'll notice these small rocket attacks do little if any damage!

But Israel's attacks certainly do a lot of damage.

Israel is the aggressor NOT Syria!

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Hilux1996

Exactly, Israel is a nuclear power. If they wanted to take Syria or their "land", they could do it any time they choose.

They haven't. That is "restraint".'

Missile attacks from Syrian territory is also "illegal". European condemnation if Israel is due to their addiction to Saudi oil and appeasement of the house of Saud. The moral indignation is nothing more than choosing the side that benefits them the most.

Look I'm not saying Israel hasn't violated "laws". I am saying both sides are culpable and in this case Israel seems to have a justification.

If you want to buy into Israel is the bad guy, that's your choice. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything said by Syria or any of them for that matter.

I sure don't see Israel or Israeli citizens using chemical weapons on their own people, unlike Syria. LOL.

Everyone else is always to blame for anything that goes on in Iran, Iraq...any country in the region you want to name.
Never is the country itself held responsible for it's own citizens or their acts.

Obama's support of the rebels is an aberration. EU doesn't want it's oil source threatened-noticed the price spike in gas lately?- as there is no assurance that the oil infrastructure survives this new movement or whether they continue their supply to EU in the event of the rebels winning.

Look, I may be wrong on this one and you may be right. I feel this needs to be said as apparently you guys have bought into this.

It's just not that clear cut.

For me, I say I'd rather have an Israel as a neighbor than a Syria any day of the week. Just saying.LMAO

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Nah, Israel just drop bombs on defenceless Palestinians. They are surely the hero's of our generation... That God Hezbollah are in that part of the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The smart ones live in Israel and are doing fine....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I didn't see the Israelis blown to ribbons in Pizza parlors being all that well defended either.

Israel built a wall and stopped having their people blown up on busses and in pizza joints. It didn't stop the fighting, just how effective the Palestinians could ever be again. Unfortunately, that success has come to lead some to think the Palestinians were NEVER an effective and viable fighting disruption and threat against Israel. In that way, the wall likely works against them in ways no one could really have foreseen. It's been too successful.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

like you know anything about Palestinians living in Israel.

as for Syria and Israel; I will mention again:

The United States considers the Golan Heights to be Syrian territory held under Israeli occupation subject to negotiation and Israeli withdrawal. The United States considers the application of Israeli law to the Golan Heights to be a violation of international law, both the Fourth Geneva Convention's prohibition on the acquisition of territory by force and United Nations Security Council Resolution 242.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

Why do you omit WHY Israel took that territory?? You know perfectly well why.

It's completely justified and the consequence of attacking (ooops a 'war crime') and losing to Israel.

Re: what the U.S. "considers"/ prints in documents and what they do is two different things. Duh.

Lots of Muslims living in Israel, doing their thing, making a living, enjoying their families...voting.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

you realize however that more Israeli soldiers die from suicide than from terrorist attacks?

you realize there are millions of Palestinians who are refugees and how many Israelis?

you realize that Israeli deaths are counted in thousands and Palestinians in millions?

you realize that Israel is occupying territories of other countries?

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Hilux1996

Look, the way I view it is the issue is undecided. Much like North and South Korea, Cyprus for decades, Now add in the Ukraine, et al.

No one knows how it's going to end up in any of them. Acts, moves abound by all concerned.

Of all of these, Israel's is most extreme. Survival as a nation remains in doubt. The "rightness" or "wrongness" cannot be measured by outsiders applying peace time morals to any of it.

Survival trumps law...by a light year!

Ultimately, the righteousness is survival.

In Israel's case, I believe it's going to get a LOT worse before it's decided...on both sides.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

there are reasons for everything, I just wanted everybody to know that the said incident happened in the occupied territory...

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I understand.

I don't view it as "occupied" territory. I see it as now Israeli territory ceded via losing a war.

The Golan height are as important a strategic point as any in the world and Israel isn't giving it back. PERIOD.

Neither would I in the shoes.....

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I understand.

I don't view it as "occupied" territory. I see it as now Israeli territory ceded via losing a war.

The Golan height are as important a strategic point as any in the world and Israel isn't giving it back. PERIOD.

Neither would I in the shoes.....

the way you view it doesn't matter, even Israel is not claiming that it is Israeli territory.

they even had plan to give it back to Syria in some kind of exchange but they changed their opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You realize shotgunning questions like that makes it exceedingly difficult to hold a discussion?

Now, have the Palestinians been treated pretty poorly? Yes.. As a matter of fact, they have been.

Has Israel done much of that? Yes. As a matter of fact, they have.

Although, lets give that credit where it's due to include some neighbors, such as Jordan, who were rather extreme in their handling of the Palestinians as well. It's a regional problem no one wants to help a bit with, and everyone loves to blame Israel as if they made the issue entirely themselves. That's not simply disingenuous, it's historically inaccurate.

The issue is never HALF as simple as people dearly wish to make it seem though. It's not even just TWO sided. It's FOUR sided within Israel and modern Palestine. There is the Israeli national citizens, and the Israeli Settlers in the West Bank. They are NOT necessarily the same thing, or aligned...although obviously, on the same side against outsiders. (usually). Then you have the Palestinian Authority in Ramallah next to Hamas in Gaza City. PLA Officials openly and publicly called for revolt against Hamas immediately after Morsi was removed from Egypt, to give an idea of how "cozy" the two sides of Palestine are. Again....they are at each other as much as they'll unite against the common outsider.

I just wish the Palestinians and Israelis can both know peace. Their leaders love war...but the average people seem and sound like average people anywhere else to me. Living week to week and trying to support themselves and families as best they each can.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Your right, it doesn't matter my view of it.

If you think Israel was going to give back that territory...well I now understand why you have the views you do..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Of course they are, that's exactly why I think they are behind every issue in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

We could go right back to the beginning of Israel and even then I am convinced that they instigated this mess. Slaughtering and intimidating farmers and villagers was always going to stick in the memories of Palestinians. It's actually quiet disturbing what the Zionist gangs done.. What makes it worse is the very same people wanted a war time alliance with Hitler only years earlier. That should tell you what those types of people are thinking about even at the expense of the people they proclaim to be sticking up for.

edit on 29-6-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well, I guess it's no surprise this form of bigotry exists world-wide. Not mention the overrunning of the natives in your neck of the woods...cough, cough.

The "Non-aggression Pact" between Stalin and Hitler was an example of enemies keeping each other 'closer' than friends.
It's not an indictment of Jews that in a position of weakness attempted negotiations with Hitler.

One might as well toss in the Catholic Church and the Lutherans while your at it as they're FAR more in cahoots with Hitler than the Jews by far..

posted on Jun, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The "Non-aggression Pact" between Stalin and Hitler was an example of enemies keeping each other 'closer' than friends.
It's not an indictment of Jews that in a position of weakness attempted negotiations with Hitler.

Jews? I didn't say Jews.

One might as well toss in the Catholic Church and the Lutherans while your at it as they're FAR more in cahoots with Hitler than the Jews by far..

Maybe they were but I'm only pointing out the disturbing History of Zionism, not the Jews and not the Catholic Church.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I know you didn't say Jews. I did. If your so sure they were "Zionists", name them. Be specific.

My pointing out other faiths is a rebut of your pointing out these unnamed Zionists. A selective process on your part when taken in context of life in Europe in those times.

Every group has it's vested interests. Every nation it's power people. Nothing new or unique. Selecting one above the others smacks of a less than objective position. IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Israel contains 7 million and change for a population, not counting the West Bank Settlements as last I checked. To refer to a map I put together and one of my first efforts for a thread here, I noted just HOW small an area those 7 million people live in.

Now we can talk about how bad their Government is all day and I might even agree while noting Uncle Sam has a pretty serious illness of his own. That doesn't infect those 7 million people, both Jews and Arabs, any more than Uncle makes every American equally ill.

Whatever else is true, and whatever Israel has done in the negative column (and they sure have a column larger than is decent, I agree), they opened with the whole Arab world trying to kill them and they've fought all directions at once in all or nothing warfare a few times since. I'm sure that leaves as strong an impression on the average Jew for security concerns (and Israeli Arab..since they all live in the same jackpot for a target) as the intifada I and II did on Palestinians.

Black and White hats are all kinda smudged into messy grey over there, IMO...while fighting over land that has been in contention for thousands of years, almost non-stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join