It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Weapons of war have no place on our streets".

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Hay they need all this hardware incase of a Muslim uprising here at home! LOL

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Everybody is a hypocrite, its the name of the game.

I see no reason to be arming to the teeth when the majority of threats out there they are likely to face, is something more akin to a vid i saw on Facebook before coming to this site. Were a guy walked into a cellphone shop sucker punched the pregnant female clerk and cleared out the cash register. Most crime out there is not so over the top like the two guys armed to the teeth and in armor who robed banks, like it happened some years ago. That and any crime were all those toys would be needed seems to happens sparingly, and usually when and any crime happens the Calvary shows up after the facts go down.

In fact most crime out there is petty crime, generally as they call it blue collar petty crime, and its treated like its the end of the world. As to white collar crime, well that is just ignored most times, or put in such a way that it becomes a good thing. And everything is just in a constant state of hypocrisy.

All I can say is, guns dont kill people, people kill people. You would do well to try and remember that, if and when the bullets start flying. A hypocrite president, and somebody in power who says one thing and does another, wow like imagine that. Must be a new trend eh!
You can always vote in the next one, I am sure his priorities will change as his constituency and backers will change somewhat, but I would not count on the trend of hypocrite to change any time soon.

There is this overwhelming believe among the populous among this planet that words said by people in suites or in authoritarian gear somehow has more meaning or weight then any other words that have been said before in the history of the world, like if somebody decrees this or that it will somehow magically happen, when in fact its all just vibrations and hot wind created by a type of deluded hairless monkey species who believes that words and actions are the same thing. Besides it is a well known and documented phenomenon that people with guns, always win out against people without guns. And again just remember that guns dont kill people...People kill people.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Whoa! You don't like the random sample of polls I provided, as you requested? What a shocker!!!

My point is/was that the 'mood' of the country, (that is - the majority of voters), are trending toward tougher requirments to obtain a high powered semi-automatic weapon, the likes of the AR-15 for example. Other than gun nuts, people aren't going to care about the nitty-gritty of an existing law, (for example, how many anti-abortion laws do we have on the books, all saying the same things? But we keep getting more and more). As the public gets feed up with these random shootings, and 'enthusiasts exercising thier 2nd Amendment rights', the demand for action, (tougher laws), will grow. The NRA will not be able to surpress the will of the majority for ever. As I've said, I'm not anti-gun. I'm anti-stupidity. And, in my opionion, allowing just any one with a pulse to walk around with a weapon designed for military use is stupid. That kind of irresponsibility reflects very poorly on all gun owners. Again, just my opinion. Yeah, I know, idiotic, right? See ya.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

Hey, newcommer, Majority Rules is what this counrty was founded on. Look it up. You don't like it? You don't have to stay. Another flag waving American who doesn't like American values/tradition. Hilarious, and sadly, not all the unusual...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

Hey, newcommer, Majority Rules is what this counrty was founded on. Look it up. You don't like it? You don't have to stay. Another flag waving American who doesn't like American values/tradition. Hilarious, and sadly, not all the unusual...

You fool.

A mass rule doesnt mean squat if they are uneducated idiots who dont really know what they are voting for.

"vote for me im a patriot who loves the country and will commit to anything our government decides" yeah good plan, thats exactly why the USA bombs people they never met with weapon platforms they dont even risk a man for.
edit on b4949720 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Ummm. No, it's not.

Regardless it's still a horrible system even if it were what Amerika was founded on, which it wasnt.

I can honestly say I've never waved a flag. Burned a few but never waved.

Love it or leave it, huh? How about I just ignore it? Nation-states are obsolete and 'patriotism' is a cancer.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

"Majority rules" has never been part of our country. We have a Constitutional Republic where the law of the land (The Constitution) is supposed to protect the rights of the minority from the will of the majority. We've never had such mob rule and we don't want it. Certainly many issues are decided by majority vote, however, the underlying principle is that the majority cannot or should not remove the rights of the minority which is why Jim Crow was not only morally wrong but also unConstitutional even though it was the will of the majority.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: NavyDoc

hmm.. that's funny, it seems like a pretty big loophole to me.

perhaps you're wrong?

It's not a loophole. It is an intentional part of the law because private individuals have every right to dispose or sell their own property as they see fit.

If the NCIS check system was open to private citizens, most people would use it to check out potential buyers that they did not know personally in order to save themselves potential headaches and liability.

What I don't want it a law that requires me to register (which is what you are doing with these "checks" anyway) a firearm that I wish to pass down to my kids or my relatives or friends.

You want to keep guns out of the hands of crazy people? Rather than restrict the civil liberties of an entire populace, how about rolling back the laws that make it very, very difficult to control those unbalanced, unsafe, people?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

If the NCIS check system was open to private citizens, most people would use it to check out potential buyers that they did not know personally in order to save themselves potential headaches and liability.

A perfectly 'common sense' measure the Democrats fought tooth and nail during the Brady Bill and more recently post Sandy Hook.

They don't want you or I to be able to perform a background check. They want it locked to FFL's so if they ever get universal checks jammed through only FFL's will be able to perform them so then the bureaucrats can begin squeezing FFL's and constraining access to NICS in an effort to restrict sales altogether.

Hey, anti's, you want background checks? Open up NICS! Get on your Dem legislators asses about opening up NICS rather than mandating FFL's get involved. You'd find more bipartisan support and lots of voluntary compliance.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

you make some good points,

most major employers do background checks on new employees anyway, I don't see what would be the issue with having something like the NCIS available to the public.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A police officer knocked on my door a few months ago, i answered and said did i hear or see some incident down the street, i said "no sorry i cant help" then he noticed the sheathed knife on my belt, an extremely sharp sweedish knife i imported due to its insane carbon steel blade.

He asked why i had that. I said it was because i was doing lawn work and its very handy for lopping off branches where my tree trimmer couldnt. That was wrong for two reasons, im on my own property and secondly i had a perfectly good reason. But it was wrong for him to ask.

That makes me wonder, what if i answered the door with a shotgun or firearm holstered on me.
Would he arrest me on my own property, with no warrant or cause for concern?
Had i been in america would i have been tasered on the spot? Maybe even just for having a knife? A knife is mans best and closest freind, i could imagine life without a blade, am i meant to phone a carpenter every time somthing needs a little adjustment?

bloody crazy times man, the idiots and crazy people are screwing 99% of normal people everyday and i think that sucks.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

I didn't even say anything about laws, i said that cops should have better weapons than the crooks or there is no point having them if they are useless. (By this i mean responsible cops, cops who would only use these weapons to uphold the law and protect the citizens)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Whoa! You don't like the random sample of polls I provided, as you requested? What a shocker!!!

Who said I don't like them?
I showed and stated that they are not a true example of the American Mindset.
www.nationaljournal.com...
Phone Polling is an outdated method. Even Nate Silver was able to beat out the Phone Polling stats by using updated methods for gleaning outcomes of political races.

My point is/was that the 'mood' of the country, (that is - the majority of voters), are trending toward tougher requirments to obtain a high powered semi-automatic weapon, the likes of the AR-15 for example.

No, no they are not.
The latest example is the walking back of Hickenlooper on his stance within the Anti-2nd world.
Most politicians are distancing themselves for this activity as well.
How many Mayors have left the Bloomberg group?
What is the average attendance of any MDA gathering?

It is a very sad day that people like you have bought into the BS pitched by MSN, CNN, MDA and any other Progressive group in thinking that a polling of 1000 people, where loaded and crafted questions are used to get a desired result.

Also, your polling shows there is a very small margin between those that are Anti-2nd and those that are Pro-2nd, yet you willfully gloss over that.

Other than gun nuts, people aren't going to care about the nitty-gritty of an existing law, (for example, how many anti-abortion laws do we have on the books, all saying the same things? But we keep getting more and more).

Your right...why should anyone know and understand a current law. I mean, come on. We need to pass NEW laws because it is for the children.
Talk about your willful display of what ignorance truly is. Ignorant to what laws are already in existence, thus wanting new laws.
I can't say that you are making this difficult, when you make statements that push for ignorance.

As the public gets feed up with these random shootings, and 'enthusiasts exercising thier 2nd Amendment rights', the demand for action, (tougher laws), will grow.

Care to actually research and divulge the numbers on shootings?
And what does "random" have to do with anything.
The only action being demanded is from the minority Progressive groups that you seem to have a shared ignorance with.

The NRA will not be able to surpress the will of the majority for ever.

The NRA doesn't need to.
The American people as a whole have shown, by hard factual numbers presented to you in sales and applications (Which you ignorantly ignore), that the polling data couldn't be more wrong.

This idea that 1000 people asked a question over the phone is a better showing of sentiment then 16m unique ATF inquires for purchasing firearms is the crowning jewel of the ignorance displayed.

As I've said, I'm not anti-gun.

And I will say flat out that this is a lie.
This is like the bantering mantra of any Anti-2nd person.
You push for restrictions, and champion them, and then turn around stating you are for the Right you rail to have restricted.
Yes, yes you are Anti-2nd and Anti-gun.......or just Anti-what ever gun you think is not acceptable to everyone else.

I'm anti-stupidity.

And that hasn't been shown yet.

And, in my opionion, allowing just any one with a pulse to walk around with a weapon designed for military use is stupid.

What weapons for military use???
In what military is the AR15 being used today?
Please, pretty please with sugar on top....and sprinkles........show me where the military uses AR15s.

That kind of irresponsibility reflects very poorly on all gun owners.

Says the Anti-gun person, who wants restrictions on guns, and says they are not Anti-gun.

Again, just my opinion. Yeah, I know, idiotic, right? See ya.

Yes, idiotic. I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Right! If people don't think like you, they must be FOOLS! The arrogance of these guys, geez...

You should start your own country, and go there.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You don't like it her? Beat it. No one will care.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You opinions ONLY. Nothing more. I respect your right to have them. I don't agree with them. And I urge you to realize that opinions don't make fact. You can say the things you believ are fact all day all night, for your whole life. The only person that's listening to you, is you. Rave on. The polls I show are trends, the way the mood of the country is going. Yes, the majority now is only slight. But it is growing. You and you boys can slap your selves on your backs all you want, and yell about how much you know about the 'truth'. The truth is your number are dwindling. Deny it. Don't deny it. Who cares. Your deires to live in a place as you'd like it to be is only preventing you from living in our society today, as it really is. You'll conform or fade out. Either way, who really cares? You? Good for you, buddy.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

So, Polls are facts and sales numbers are opinion.

Now I have heard it all.

Sure sure bud. Sure sure.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You opinions ONLY. Nothing more. I respect your right to have them. I don't agree with them. And I urge you to realize that opinions don't make fact. You can say the things you believ are fact all day all night, for your whole life. The only person that's listening to you, is you. Rave on. The polls I show are trends, the way the mood of the country is going. Yes, the majority now is only slight. But it is growing. You and you boys can slap your selves on your backs all you want, and yell about how much you know about the 'truth'. The truth is your number are dwindling. Deny it. Don't deny it. Who cares. Your deires to live in a place as you'd like it to be is only preventing you from living in our society today, as it really is. You'll conform or fade out. Either way, who really cares? You? Good for you, buddy.

Sorry,but the 2nd Amendment is not going away,no matter how you wish it would.Macman and others have explained time and time again to no effect.Polls do not create reality as has been exemplified in Macmans posts.
So where do you go from here?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Also, I guess that you aren't going to address any of the items I stated, in response to your falsehoods.

Go figure I guess.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

you make some good points,

most major employers do background checks on new employees anyway, I don't see what would be the issue with having something like the NCIS available to the public.

Like I said. A lot of people would use background check system if available to give themselves peace of mind and to ward off potential litigation. The reason why democrats do not want to do that is because that would not create a registration system like the form 4473 that ties an individual to a particular firearm. THe democrats blocked the ability of individuals to perform background checks and this shows that they are hypocrites of the highest order.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join