It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "Weapons of war have no place on our streets".

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Yes, I know what I'm talking about. Just because you don't like it, (which by the way, who cares what you like?), doesn't mean that I'm talking out my a$$. You gun nuts are going to keep pushing your completely wrong 2nd Amendment adgenda so far, (you walk into a McDonalds lately with you high-powered killing maching strapped to your back?), until the governement has no choice but to crack down. I'd love to see how Die-Hard you are when a SWAT team's at your front door. I know, I know - you talk a big big game now, here on-line, when you're not starring at a dozen maching gun barrels. But in real life, I'm pretty sure you'd fold up like your NRA applications. Most people in this country believe that tougher gun comtrol laws are way over due. The other fanatics on this site are not representative of society. Believe what ever the hell you want, but those laws are coming, and you will comply, or go down. You know what? No one else really gives a crap about what happens to you.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

You come off like an angry liberal child.

And I do care what happens to Sunwolf and every American including yourself. (if you are one)
See Sunwolf wouldn't be alone. He would have family, friends and pro-2A people on HIS side.

The Iraqi army can't hold a city from a bunch of clowns but you think swat can take out one of our neighborhoods? The old shootin' fish in a barrel scenario doesn't come to mind?

The only thing that'll I'll be folding is a bi-pod.

Go somewhere else with that sissy talk; you come off highly insecure and belligerent. Good day...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer

Yes, I know what I'm talking about. Just because you don't like it, (which by the way, who cares what you like?), doesn't mean that I'm talking out my a$$. You gun nuts are going to keep pushing your completely wrong 2nd Amendment adgenda so far, (you walk into a McDonalds lately with you high-powered killing maching strapped to your back?), until the governement has no choice but to crack down. I'd love to see how Die-Hard you are when a SWAT team's at your front door. I know, I know - you talk a big big game now, here on-line, when you're not starring at a dozen maching gun barrels. But in real life, I'm pretty sure you'd fold up like your NRA applications. Most people in this country believe that tougher gun comtrol laws are way over due. The other fanatics on this site are not representative of society. Believe what ever the hell you want, but those laws are coming, and you will comply, or go down. You know what? No one else really gives a crap about what happens to you.

In your fevered leftist dreams.Most people do not believe in tougher gun control laws,that is a figment of your imagination and a standby of Media Matters.
I was diehard enough at Cam Lo and I haven`t gotten any wimpier.
All you have is insults,mischaracterisations and plain leftist talking points,that all you got?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yes, I know what I'm talking about. Just because you don't like it, (which by the way, who cares what you like?), doesn't mean that I'm talking out my a$$.

Nope. You've got an opinion. An opinion doesn't necessarily equate to knowing what you're talking about...

You gun nuts are going to keep pushing your completely wrong 2nd Amendment adgenda so far, (you walk into a McDonalds lately with you high-powered killing maching strapped to your back?), until the governement has no choice but to crack down.

I've never seen anyone walk into a restaurant, or a McDonalds, with a high powered killing machine... Not sure what that has to do with my second amendment rights, but OK...

I'd love to see how Die-Hard you are when a SWAT team's at your front door. I know, I know - you talk a big big game now, here on-line, when you're not starring at a dozen maching gun barrels. But in real life, I'm pretty sure you'd fold up like your NRA applications.

SWAT team at my door... They certainly won't find much... 'cause by the time that happens, I'll have had sufficient time to remove them from my home. I wish 'em luck finding them, 'cause they'll need it. As for folding up like an NRA membership app? I probably would...'cause I know better than to pick a fight I can't win. I'll wait for another time and place. duh...

Most people in this country believe that tougher gun comtrol laws are way over due. The other fanatics on this site are not representative of society.

Somehow I doubt that. Other fanatics? Oh, you wound me, good sir... Shame on me for wanting to retain a right to my high powered killing machine. Who knows, I might want to walk into a McDonalds with it sometime. You'd deny me that ability?

Believe what ever the hell you want, but those laws are coming, and you will comply, or go down. You know what? No one else really gives a crap about what happens to you.

Thanks for the permission to believe whatever the hell I want. I'm sure he does, too. If those laws do come, I will not comply. Your fearsome predictions aside.

No one else? Really? Matter of fact, I care. So, too, do many other fanatics. Sorry to burst your self righteous little bubble there.
edit on 6/23/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/23/2014 by seagull because: (no reason given)

(post by TownCryer removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

And allowing anyone who can fill out an application to get a rifle that armies issue to their soldiers, is foolish, and will change, whether you like it or not.

And what rifle are you talking about?

Also, when you visit and sign up with groups like MDA and Brady, when they hand out the talking points for arguments, is the statement of "Tell them you are for gun rights as well, just common sense gun rights" at the top of the list?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Most people in this country believe that tougher gun comtrol laws are way over due.

In what fantasy country is it that this is true?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How can someone not survive the apocalypse in Such a vehicle, :-)
And they want to use these weapon against us.

We should Prevail..

(post by GrimReaper86 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Enough name calling

Keep comments and opinions to the topic of Obama: "Weapons of war have no place on our streets". and the OP of this thread, not each other.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
As someone that has luckily lived 38 years on the planet Earth, in the country called America, and never been to jail with no intention of causing a ruckus I'd just like to say this is bull @#$%. It's just bull# and the only people that ever pulled a gun on me were all police. I've had items confiscated from me, I've had cops hide behind their car doors pointing guns at me, and I've been told that I had no business in my own neighborhood at night. Being in this neighborhood is itself a suspect reason to detain you and search your belongings. I've been pulled over exiting a drive through because the guy didn't like my license plate holder and detained over 30 minutes, with the option of detaining me indefinitely until his investigation was complete. I kid you not my cat escaped one night... and yeah buddy I got detained for searching for it and when I actually saw the cat... right in front of my vehicle... you stay right there do not exit your vehicle! I mean hell cat lover guy in his wife's truck that lives one block away... you are clearly asking for an a-whooping tonight! I had to step in front of a gun because my friend couldn't exit the door because I'm sorry my door didn't work and they wouldn't let him use the wind0w. Did yall mods really censor the word wind0w so that I had to replace that with a zero, whatever?! Great reason to act like you are going to kill someone when two other people are telling you this calmly over and over but you decide to put your finger on the trigger and start squeezing. Pulled over in my own driveway for failing to yield at a stop sign where I stopped, but just not long enough. You know what... @#$% that and @#$% anyone supporting it. If there were a ballot option named @#$% you I would select that before voting any of these puppets that are all identical!
edit on 23-6-2014 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Every family in America should own a 22LR, AR15, AR10 and a 45 ACP and teach their kids to shoot.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: fishy6
a reply to: gladtobehere

Every family in America should own a 22LR, AR15, AR10 and a 45 ACP and teach their kids to shoot.

Done!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

It's too bulky too conceal.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ah, this thread and this site in particular could make up a whole psychology course. You could call: The Psychology of Conspiratorial Thought: bio-social factors in predisposing unorthodox thinking.

So many of you know so little about how your own minds are working as you prattle on about Obama and conspiracy and a new world order. So little consideration is taken of the scientific method. You just ascribe motives - and with those motives come such amazingly unreasonable and unjustified assumptions about the present moment - about the people you're talking about, and overall, ignoring psychological facts about human nature.

You will of course invoke the past, the Nazis, the Soviets, the Fascists, and other totalitarian regimes, and you will probably insist that if the public isn't armed to the teeth, the leaders that be - for whatever satanic reason - will gradually being into being a police state. And when the police state is in place, what then? People will be systematically murdered?

The past does not repeat itself, in the exact same way. Of course, there are general patterns which often repeat themselves. But this does not mean that people can't learn from their past. For example, I was one way at 19, and at 28 (my current age) I am significantly changed. Things I did when I was 19 I would not do today. People can change, and they change because they have either learned to think differently about things, or some environmental circumstance has led to (unconscious) changes in how they think.

There are two major factors influencing contemporary society that didn't exist in the 1940s. They are:

1) The Internet
2) Watchdog organizations.

In other words, there are so many eyes on government, so much open communication about the happenings within society, that it would be utterly improbable that a police state would emerge.

Now, again, you can say "when you have a gun in your face you do what you're told", that is, a public without guns would be helpless before a government which wields police forces equipped with the kind of weaponry showed in the above pictures.

To me, this simply does not sound reasonable. Todays cultural consciousness and awareness is substantially more evolved than that of the 1940s. Simply contrast todays present media - which would mean books, tv, magazines, internet, theatre - with the cliched rhetoric of the 40s. Of course, I know there is still a long way to go in improving our cultural consciousness, but so much more is spoken about openly today, and there is conscientious discussion on every topic you can think of from CNN, to the View, to University classrooms.

This thread has focused in so narrowly on the "possible" reality that it has excluded from contention an EVEN MORE probable reality: that the world we see is an act of creation. That is, it takes myriads of DIFFERENT human beings to build the world we see. Obama is just one man. He is limited by innumerable factors. Anyone who has a decent understanding of politics understands the pressures placed on government from business, science, religion and environmental groups. WE DONT NEED GUNS - we already have this.

The people who preside in positions of power likely want to make the world a better place. They probably appreciate the genius and wisdom that has gone into making human civilization. With the advancement in technology and the promise of a better life for a greater percentage of people, it would take someone impervious to the psychology of human experience to think that everyone in government - and the president "especially' would only have macabre interests like tearing apart civil society and putting police on every corner.

Most normal people don't want such a world. And theres good reason to think that politicians are "so different" from the average person, that their interests align with the "dark side", as opposed to a more logical and informed perception of the politican as: prone to corruption, but still affected by the underlying exigencies that shape the minds of all other human beings.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
Ah, this thread and this site in particular could make up a whole psychology course. You could call: The Psychology of Conspiratorial Thought: bio-social factors in predisposing unorthodox thinking.

So many of you know so little about how your own minds are working as you prattle on about Obama and conspiracy and a new world order. So little consideration is taken of the scientific method. You just ascribe motives - and with those motives come such amazingly unreasonable and unjustified assumptions about the present moment - about the people you're talking about, and overall, ignoring psychological facts about human nature.

You will of course invoke the past, the Nazis, the Soviets, the Fascists, and other totalitarian regimes, and you will probably insist that if the public isn't armed to the teeth, the leaders that be - for whatever satanic reason - will gradually being into being a police state. And when the police state is in place, what then? People will be systematically murdered?

The past does not repeat itself, in the exact same way. Of course, there are general patterns which often repeat themselves. But this does not mean that people can't learn from their past. For example, I was one way at 19, and at 28 (my current age) I am significantly changed. Things I did when I was 19 I would not do today. People can change, and they change because they have either learned to think differently about things, or some environmental circumstance has led to (unconscious) changes in how they think.

There are two major factors influencing contemporary society that didn't exist in the 1940s. They are:

1) The Internet
2) Watchdog organizations.

In other words, there are so many eyes on government, so much open communication about the happenings within society, that it would be utterly improbable that a police state would emerge.

Now, again, you can say "when you have a gun in your face you do what you're told", that is, a public without guns would be helpless before a government which wields police forces equipped with the kind of weaponry showed in the above pictures.

To me, this simply does not sound reasonable. Todays cultural consciousness and awareness is substantially more evolved than that of the 1940s. Simply contrast todays present media - which would mean books, tv, magazines, internet, theatre - with the cliched rhetoric of the 40s. Of course, I know there is still a long way to go in improving our cultural consciousness, but so much more is spoken about openly today, and there is conscientious discussion on every topic you can think of from CNN, to the View, to University classrooms.

This thread has focused in so narrowly on the "possible" reality that it has excluded from contention an EVEN MORE probable reality: that the world we see is an act of creation. That is, it takes myriads of DIFFERENT human beings to build the world we see. Obama is just one man. He is limited by innumerable factors. Anyone who has a decent understanding of politics understands the pressures placed on government from business, science, religion and environmental groups. WE DONT NEED GUNS - we already have this.

The people who preside in positions of power likely want to make the world a better place. They probably appreciate the genius and wisdom that has gone into making human civilization. With the advancement in technology and the promise of a better life for a greater percentage of people, it would take someone impervious to the psychology of human experience to think that everyone in government - and the president "especially' would only have macabre interests like tearing apart civil society and putting police on every corner.

Most normal people don't want such a world. And theres good reason to think that politicians are "so different" from the average person, that their interests align with the "dark side", as opposed to a more logical and informed perception of the politican as: prone to corruption, but still affected by the underlying exigencies that shape the minds of all other human beings.

That is a healthy amount of opinionated and biased BS packed into one overly verbose post.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Ok, but all you would need to say was yes to my first question, "Yes, i do not trust the police"

Notice i said disregard the rest of my question if you do not trust the police and the U.S government is a pile of #. The rest of my statement was for people who are governed and policed by responsible people

They dont have AK's first off stop listening to pierce morgan, didnt brittain take him back yet?

Have you, or anyone else extensively searched every gangbanger and know gangbanger associate's property from Compton to the Bronx to confirm they do not have ANY AK-47's or other fully auto weapons?

edit on 23-6-2014 by Idiosonic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join