It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me how to find out # of times a particular abovetopsecret thread title has been viewed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Please tell me how to find out how many times a particular abovetopsecret thread-title has ever been viewed.

Also please explain where to find out the meaning of, or please tell me what the meaning is of the following: flags, stars, their way ATS score, and oddly calculated karma score.
edit on 22-6-2014 by trader21 because: make title fit in resulting box

edit on 22-6-2014 by trader21 because: title fit in box

edit on 22-6-2014 by trader21 because: make title fit in box

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: trader21
Please tell me how to find out how many times a particular abovetopsecret thread-title has ever been viewed.

Also please explain where to find out the meaning of, or please tell me what the meaning is of the following: flags, stars, their way ATS score, and oddly calculated karma score.

So and Springer get together with beez and BFFT on the ATS moon base, and make them up to influence humanity towards their own ends.........true story swear to God

That or stars are given by members for posts they agree with, flags for topics they find interesting, and karma is a conglomerate of total points from stars flags and applause( the mods are the only ones that can give these out, for extraordinary posts).

It is all meaningless, unless like myself you look for a ratio of posts to stars giving one a decent measuring stick for their average post being worth a damn.

For example I have over 3 stars for every post I make, though I dont know why, I am a real dick most of the time, and not trying to garner favor or popularity, just calling like I see it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: trader21
Unfortunately "view" statistics are not on offer, which is very frustrating for someone putting up a new thread and trying to guess whether the absence of responses means that nobody has seen it.
One difference between the WATS and Karma scores is that WATS is supposed to reward making threads which people like, and Karma is supposed to reward posts in general which people like.
So the WATS formula rewards flags heavily and the total is cumulative.
Whereas the Karma formula has a "divide by the number of posts" element somewhere, which means the average may go down instead of up

edit on 22-6-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

some forum signatures use a script & image to detect the readers OS and do other things,
..there might be a way to embed an image as a page counter?

top topics

join