It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.D. Republican Party calls for Obama impeachment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh quit crying! Good lord, I thought conservatives were supposed to be tough! Not whiney little brats.

He passed a healthcare law, that was it!

Only two and a half years to go I think y'all will be ok, man up!

For six years now all I've heard from y'all is how doomed this country is. How horrible Obama is as president, how no matter what he does or does not do is the worst thing ever.

And the worst part is nine times out of ten it's lies y'all made up anyway. You hate a fictionalized president that only exists in the FOX News universe.

Truly pathetic.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Obama is messing up and bypassing congress too much. That isn't right. I think that congress should take action. This behavior is going to set precedence for future presidents to override congress. This should be stopped.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HauntWok

Oh quit crying! Good lord, I thought conservatives were supposed to be tough! Not whiney little brats.

No need to be rude.

He passed a healthcare law, that was it!

Hes done a hell of a lot more than that forget about his pen and phone ?

For six years now all I've heard from y'all is how doomed this country is.

Been paying attention current events in the ME, and domestic issues here at home.

That is most definitely the case.

How horrible Obama is as president,

Yep he sure is glad we can agree.

And the worst part is n

And the worst part of it is ?

Some people still make excuses for him.

Defending the indefensible.

edit on 22-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Obama is messing up and bypassing congress too much. That isn't right. I think that congress should take action. This behavior is going to set precedence for future presidents to override congress. This should be stopped.

The word of the day is hypocrisy.

thedailyshow.cc.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is stupid, I can only think of one possible impeachable offense by Obama, and that was killing an American citizen overseas without due process (at least I think they bombed him).

But since most Republicans support taking away rights from Americans who work with terrorists (look at the Bergdahl reaction) I can't see how that would be prosecuted.

All the Obama haters should try Bush and Cheney for all their crimes and treasons before thinking about Obama.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

This is stupid, I can only think of one possible impeachable offense by Obama,

Then someone isn't trying hard enough.

1. Lying that the NSA was going to 'stop' spying.
2. Fast and Furious.
3. That sudden exodus from south and central america in to this county.
4. GM is alive and AQ is 'dead'.
5. Benghazi was over a 'video' sure it 'was' mr, 'president'.
6. Forcing Americans to buy a corporate product 'healthcare' then lying how 'affordable' it was going to be.
7. The intentional targeting of Americans for their political beliefs using the IRS.
8. The use of the 'Department of justice' to intentionally ignore American laws.
9. Arming terrorists in Syria.
10.'Clmate change' is the 'greatest threat we face'.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
1. Lying that the NSA was going to 'stop' spying.

Last I heard, a law was just passed to limit it.

2. Fast and Furious.

Maybe.

Obama deported more Mexicans than Bush, and there is no "sudden Exodus".

GM is alive and AQ is 'dead'.

So you want GM dead and thousands of jobs with it?

5. Benghazi was over a 'video' sure it 'was' mr, 'president'.

So what? Where's the impeachable offense?

6. Forcing Americans to buy a corporate product 'healthcare' then lying how 'affordable' it was going to be.

Congress voted for it, Obama couldn't pass it himself.

The intentional targeting of Americans for their political beliefs using the IRS.

Background investigations are a part of life, and Tea partiers should be investigated because they're all lying asshats.

8. The use of the 'Department of justice' to intentionally ignore American laws.

Every President and Attorney General get to pick which laws to focus on because no one can enforce all of them.

9. Arming terrorists in Syria.

Supporting freedom fighters like Ronnie Ray-Gun.

10.'Climate change' is the 'greatest threat we face'.

You can't impeach someone because you don't like science.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Obama deported more Mexicans than Bush, and there is no "sudden Exodus".
( LOL Mexicans have nothing to do with illegals from other nations)

LOL

Because under Bush, illegal immigration was steadily declining.

Since 2009, illegal immigration is jumping by leaps and bounds.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would pray for that.... But look what happened when Clinton was impeached. Amirite?

My feeling is that Obama will be able to do almost anything imaginable and will never be impeached because of his race. Or what people perceive to be his race. There would be riots in the streets regardless of what he did. Not only that, but it would also cast a dark shadow over the next black presidential candidate. That will happen anyway because of what Obama has done already, but an impeachment would make it worse.

JMHO of course. YMMV. I do feel bad for the next African American candidate. He/she will have Obama's legacy to overcome and that's wrong. But it is what it is.

a reply to: xuenchen

No. It's jumping by bus loads...

edit on 6/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Anyone care to give some examples of an impeachable offense committed by Obama???

Anyone???

Bueller...Bueller....Bueller...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Wow.... have THEY really got us where THEY want us?

Take the blinders off folks... FIND YOUR OWN VOICE.. not the one the status quo relies upon......

there's still time to join the folks.. not the establishment....

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Actually, according to the Constitution, reasons for impeachment are:

"treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors"

Technically, the President, Vice President or other US officials could be impeached for J-walking.

The only examples that we have on what can be used for impeachment were last debated in congress back in 1970, when the House decided:

"An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history."

To impeach the president, all that has to be done is have a simple majority in the House for impeachment pass. If it does, the president has been "impeached".

Simple as that.

After that, it goes to the Senate for trial, in which the Chief Justice of the US presides. After deliberations, the Senate votes on whether to remove the President from office or not.

A 2/3 majority must vote for removal in order for the President to be removed from office (magic number 67). If there are less then that, the President stays in office. If there are 67 or more votes for removal, the President is removed from office.

However: this does not mean that he or she has been found guilt of a crime. Only that they have been removed from office.

This is what happened to Clinton, except that there was not a 2/3 majority vote on either charge, so he remained in office.

Right now, impeachment proceedings would be a waste of time, as unless the current POTUS does something obviously criminal (IE pulls a gun out and shoots a reporter in the head), there is no way that the Senate would ever pass a 2/3 majority to remove him from office.

My own humble opinion is that even if the Senate were to suddenly have only 23 Democratic senators, there is no way Obama would ever be impeached on anything other than a very obviously pictured or video crime, as the Race card will get used.

Bet on it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
Anyone care to give some examples of an impeachable offense committed by Obama???

Anyone???

Bueller...Bueller....Bueller...

Oh there's plenty.

Obama’s 13 Impeachable Offenses

and don't go away just yet....
THE IMPEACHABLE OFFENSES OF BARACK OBAMA

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

ASSUMPTIONS/CONVICTIONS:

1. The GOP is about as much under orders from the oligarchy as the current Destroyer-in-Chief is.

2. PERHAPS a State GOP unit could go rogue . . . but I doubt it.

3. I think it was FDR who said that IF something happens in politics, IT WAS PLANNED THAT WAY.

4. So what is their plan? And what is their goal/are their goals?

5. I doubt they'll push it to the point of removing him from office. But what are the chances and reasons that they might? And what would be their goals of raising the issue and pushing it some distance but not fully to the point of removing him?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: Mikeultra
Refresh my memory about who was Senate leader when Bill Clinton was impeached. Why didn't he get tossed after that? He had no shame. He just continued on like nothing happened. He was impeached wasn't he?

Articles of impeachment were filed against him, but he was acquitted of the charges. They tried to impeach him, but failed.

No, Clinton WAS impeached - he just wasn't removed from office.

Again, impeachment and removal from office are separate things!

Forgive my ignorance.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'd rather have the things he's done undone and see him go unimpeached, than impeach him and keep the things he's done.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If Bush can walk out after his decimation, i highly doubt Obama would even get a scratch.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
let's see, shutting down the government, threatening to crash the economy by NOT extending the debt ceiling, voting to overturn the ACA 51 times....hey I know, crazy thought....why not try and work together with democrats to solve some of our problems...nah, to easy to make a six-figure salary by bitching all year.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Good! Although I doubt this goes anywhere.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: tadaman

They should drop the impeachable offenses and just go for treason. It would be closer to the truth. How does that end when one is convicted of treason during wartime?

I would support him being tried for treason, but that is another thing is never going to happen.

No matter what the guy will come out smelling like roses.

Here is the thing about 'treason' as those people only define it as the little people.

Presidents, and congressman have 'get out of jail free' card.

No kidding! Look at Bush Jr. He had an energy company he sold the stock to just before it went under, daddy then became president and POOF, like some form of magic the investigation to his stock sale had disappeared! Believe me, that wasn't the first instance of a president or someone close to the president getting off of some charge that normal people would be in jail for...

That is a good thread topic honestly! Someone should give it a go!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join