Attached to some editions of the Sepher Yetzirah
is found this scheme of
Kabalistic classification of knowledge. The Kabalists said that one must enter and pass up through the
Gates to attain to the Thirty-two Paths of Wisdom.
First Order: Elementary
1. Chaos, Hyle, The first matter.
2. Formless, void, lifeless.
3. The Abyss.
4. Origin of the Elements.
5. Earth (no seed germs).
9. Differentiation of qualities.
10. Mixture and combination.
Second Order: Decad of Evolution
11. Minerals differentiate.
12. Vegetable principles appear.
13. Seeds germinate in moisture.
14. Herbs and Trees.
15. Fructification in vegetable life.
16. Origin of low forms of animal life.
17. Insects and Reptiles appear.
18. Fishes, vertebrate life in the waters.
19. Birds, vertebrate life in the air.
20. Quadrupeds, vertebrate earth animals.
Third Order: Decad of Humanity21. Appearance of Man.
22. Material human body.
23. Human Soul conferred.
24. Mystery of Adam and Eve.
25. Complete Man as the Microcosm.
26. Gift of five human faces acting exteriorly.
27. Gift of five powers to the soul.
28. Adam Kadmon, the Heavenly Man.
29. Angelic beings.
30. Man in the image of God.
Fourth Order: World of Spheres
31. The Moon.
38. The Firmament.
39. The Primum Mobile.
40. The Empyrean Heaven.
Fifih Order: The Angelic World
41. Ishim--Sons of Fire.
46. Malakim--Powers. 47. Elohim--Principalities.
48. Beni Elohim--Angels.
Sixth Order: The Archetype
50. God. Ain Suph. He Whom no mortal eye bath seen, and Who has been
known to Jesus the Messiah alone.
No electricity but the beer is still cold in the bar.