It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you Leave Your Child behind to Save the Other 2?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What could actually happen in a scenario like this is, if you're meant to go home you'd leave your body just prior to the events, and if you're not, Higher Self would stretch and freeze time, and you'd all be down the mountain in no time. Like my son who was goofing off with my friends grandson, while her back was turned, jumping off the roof, and they were filming it. And she said, when she reviewed the film and found out, my son did something really odd, everything slowed down, and he stretched time, then it looked like he teleported ahead. I gave him heck because to me in order for that experience, Higher Self must have forseen a danger he didn't, he would have been injured. Like when I was stepping down on the most poisonous scorpion in Mexico, on vacation when I was 11. Time froze, and stretched, in that nano second when my barefoot was descending rapidly. I felt the energy, the curved tail and it registered as a photo of a scorpion in my brain identical to the one my dad had in his classroom. Nano second turned into feeling like 4 or 5 seconds, and I lept back. Would have been dead in 30 minutes according the motel manager.

Wake up everyone and plough through all the holograms of life. Just drive right through them.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Teye22

I would save the ones I could. There lives are that important. If I couldnt live with myself afterwords then fine once they are with their mother I would kill myself. To me staying with all three for certain death would be the same as murdering two of my children.
You can't understand how some could save two and I can't understand how others can kill their children.

My feeling of guilt over my choice doesn't override my instincts to keep them alive.

If the children were dying in the hospital and there was only enough medicine to save two you better believe I would save two. I sure as hell wouldn't say "since they can't all live it's better if they all die". That really is the same scenario except me as a parent has no choice to live on. In the other scenarios you get an easy option of dying therefore you don't have to live with your guilt. Same as murder suicide. For me choosing death for them in any instance is insane and not an option. The one who has to live with the choice is me. It would be my burden but at least two could go on living and hopefully find happiness.

There's your rock solid scenario..... What if all 3 had a fatal disease or poison and you only had 2 cures.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandiwine14
One on my back, one on each arm, i'd run as fast and as long as I can until we were safe or we all perished together. Never, ever underestimate a mothers love for her children and what she would do to keep them ALL safe.

This is not a question a mother can answer in the way you want. A real mother loves her children equally, period and would never, under any circumstances leave one behind to save the others, it just wouldn't enter her mind. What would the other children think of her? "she just left my sibling behind", they would hate her and she would hate herself....wouldn't happen.

Anyone who would leave one child over the other is undeserving of the title "mom"

If worse came to worse i'd allow my children to use my body as a surfboard out of there in a last chance effort to save them. Though honestly I do not know enough about volcano lava to know whether that would actually be feasible.

I would have to say the opposite. I'm a father, but I think anyone who wouldn't save the 2 she could doesn't deserve the title of mom. Women thru out history have been required to make such decisions. If they hadn't we might not be here.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ok, I didn't read most of the comments, but I did do a "control + f + 'family guy'" to see if anyone already said this. Lol, this thread sounds like an episode of Family Guy where Peter says to Lois, "We already talked about this. If we can only save two of them, we decided we would leave Meg behind." It was the house gets possessed by the Native American spirits, I think.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: ArtemisE

If it some one else's kids I think they always take 2. It's the fact that (mostly mothers) consider the family unit as one big entity. Kinda ignoring the lives the 2 surviving kids would have had.

I guess this does have parallels in reguardless to women in the military.

Being a mother it is true that I consider my family as complete and whole, yet I am still logical enough to realize that being the case, it is instinctually better for my family to survive at all costs. I don't care what others would think of my choice, since when one has to act quickly in any emergency...instincts kick in, not emotions. There is no time as one may have in a hypothetical situation. I believe most mothers would make the same choice as me in a real situation, though for some reason are fearful to admit it, even to themselves.

Not sure what you mean regarding women in the military?

These are the kind of choices a military commander would face during war time. Lots of woman can't even consider it.....so much they ignore the question.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason
Obviously, we are both just misunderstanding each other...I was assuming we all hypothetically have 3 children, no matter whether you are still able to reproduce or not. Mainly, I was pointing out that irregardless on whether you can have more children or not, you would save at least 2 of your children per the OPs challenge.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I would save the ones I could. There lives are that important. If I couldnt live with myself afterwords then fine once they are with their mother I would kill myself. To me staying with all three for certain death would be the same as murdering two of my children.
You can't understand how some could save two and I can't understand how others can kill their children.

My feeling of guilt over my choice doesn't override my instincts to keep them alive.

If the children were dying in the hospital and there was only enough medicine to save two you better believe I would save two. I sure as hell wouldn't say "since they can't all live it's better if they all die". That really is the same scenario except me as a parent has no choice to live on. In the other scenarios you get an easy option of dying therefore you don't have to live with your guilt. Same as murder suicide. For me choosing death for them in any instance is insane and not an option. The one who has to live with the choice is me. It would be my burden but at least two could go on living and hopefully find happiness.

There's your rock solid scenario..... What if all 3 had a fatal disease or poison and you only had 2 cures.

I guess we'd draws straws, rock paper scisors, or whatever. Regardless, in this thread there is a specific scenario to follow.

I hopnestly dont know what I would do as no one here really does....The only time anyone would truly know how to deal with a situation like this would be people that actually face the situation in real life and there is no other option!

Its easy to say I would do this or that when there is no real danger....but if there was?!?!? I just dont know, and I sure hope I never find out.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

a reply to: stumason

What is so funny about sentencing your child to death?

Well, I am not, am I? Typical woman, getting all melodramatic over a hypothetical, mental exercise.....

Like I said, a tongue in cheek remark while keeping within the rules set by the OP - if, however, I paid no attention to the rules and harped on like your good self, then I would resolve as follows:

1. In the first instance - go no where near the Volcano
  2. If "A" isn't possible, then I would make the older two run and carry the third. I would not leave a child behind
  3. Carry all three if necessary
  4. Should we find ourselves in a position where we could not out run the danger, then I would seek shelter, making sure all the children were safe even at the expense of my own life. I am a father and replaceable, after all.

I never claimed that men were crappy parents....just you.

It was implied with all the "mother" crap - not one mention of fathers as if they didn't exist.

Actually we do have the monopoly on childbirth pain. Sorry you can't experience it for yourself, maybe if you did you would never think about leaving "the annoying one behind".

That horse must be wedge quite firmly up your arse! Poor thing....

Actually, when quizzed, all the women I know who've had kids will admit it's not actually that bad in comaprison to other types of pain. Most women today get drugged up the eyeballs anyway.

My own partner, when pressed on this, said the worst pain she had ever had was breaking her arm, followed by childbirth - now, compare this with when I broke my arm and waited a full 24 hours before seeking medical help despite the agonising pain - I even continued to serve dinner (which I cooked). I had a clean fracture right through my wrist from one side to the other, but just got on with it.

And the scientific evidence? Men are far better at handling pain anyway - like women are better at resisting disease. It's part of our evolution. I'd wager that if men had to go through childbirth, we wouldn't bang on about it for the next 40 years like we bloody martyrs
- after all, you're designed to do it!

Funnily enough, my missus then fell back on the old "no uterus - no opinion" line. Little did she know (and the Crone who first coined the phrase no doubt) that men also have a Uterus!

Anyhoo, that all said, I love women and I'm all for equal rights etc - I am even an advocate for mixed sports, I see no reason why they have to split women and men. I just wish that you wouldn't spend a disproportionate amount of energy slagging off men in the process.

I've always heard women have a far greater pain tolerance?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Righto - gotcha now

All cleared up!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The vibrations within this thread are offset within some as they compassionately tried/try to respond with as much LOVE as they could. For those experiencing what 1 is sharing try to relax and not allow the op data to upset you... Basically all commenting would try their best to make the logical decisions in this psyops layout.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It is actually prossible to prepare for senarios like this. Its called visualization. With visualization you can prepare Your mind to Counter this situations. You can imagine any senario even one like the one OP is posting. But you have to do it before you og to the valcano.
The only thing you cant visualize is the pain you will feal after you have failed to save Your own kid. But you can do something about it. If you prepare before you go on a trip. The chanses for you being able to figure something out very fast is more likely. But you have to think and prepare. Your guilt will be stronger if you dont. Because not being prepared is the reason you failed to save one of Your kids.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've always heard women have a far greater pain tolerance?

Who told you that? A woman, perhaps?

Research has showed women actually have a lower tolerance for pain - it all stems from the days of yore when we roamed the savannah or forest, with Mammoths on the menu while they stayed at home to tidy the cave and keep the children safe.

Men would often pick up injuries, which they'd have to shake off or ignore in order to bring home the bacon (or whatever passes for the yummy bit of a Mammoth).

Women, however, have a higher resistance to infection, because they'd be at home with the children who are full of germs and disease..

This indirectly proves the existence of "Man Flu", btw. The same bug that a Woman can shake off will fell a bloke like he is a 2 year old.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

It is actually prossible to prepare for senarios like this. Its called visualization. With visualization you can prepare Your mind to Counter this situations. You can imagine any senario even one like the one OP is posting. But you have to do it before you og to the valcano.
The only thing you cant visualize is the pain you will feal after you have failed to save Your own kid. But you can do something about it. If you prepare before you go on a trip. The chanses for you being able to figure something out very fast is more likely. But you have to think and prepare. You guilt will be stronger if you dont.

You realize the exercise wasn't "how to carry 3 kids down a volcano". It's could you leave one to save 2?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The only thing you cant visualize is the pain you will feal after you have failed to save Your own kid. But you can do something about it. If you prepare before you go on a trip. The chanses for you being able to figure something out very fast is more likely. But you have to think and prepare. You guilt will be stronger if you dont.

You realize the exercise wasn't "how to carry 3 kids down a volcano". It's could you leave one to save 2?

Its a exercise that leaves you automatically With two Choices. The option of leaving one behind is not an option but could be a ending result. The exercise can only be the result of trying to get everyone to safety. Because every parent would try no mather the cost.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Its a exercise that leaves you automatically With two Choices. The option of leaving one behind is not an option. The exercise can only be the result of trying to get everyone to safety. Because every parent would try no mather the cost.

I don't think any parent would sacrifice 2 children to stay with one. The OP says that you know you can only save 2. Don't run from he question by designing t-shirt back packs lol

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Woman giving childbirth vs a kick to the male organ?! Seriously, I am grateful I would never have to suffer that kind of pain!!! I will give it to the guys...they can handle more pain! Though, I believe pain tolerance is built upon from repeatable experiences. Why in the world do boys bikes have a bar across the mid frame anyways? One would think that it would be reversed for the genders. Guess that is just building up future tolerance, heh?

Though back on subject... Obviously, genders nor tolerance for pain, make no difference in the hypothesis, individual perceptions will vary whether you are male or female.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Its a exercise that leaves you automatically With two Choices. The option of leaving one behind is not an option. The exercise can only be the result of trying to get everyone to safety. Because every parent would try no mather the cost.

I don't think any parent would sacrifice 2 children to stay with one. The OP says that you know you can only save 2. Don't run from he question by designing t-shirt back packs lol

I have two kids. I would never leave one behind. I would make every effort to carry them all, even if there were a Third kid. If my effort fails and one is killed, that would be very painfull, how painfull?? probably a lot. But it would be more painfull to choose one over the other just to save Your own skin. The guilt for not trying to save them all is probably unspeakable. And is probably a lot more painfull then at least trying to save them all.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

One on my back, one on each arm, i'd run as fast and as long as I can until we were safe or we all perished together. Never, ever underestimate a mothers love for her children and what she would do to keep them ALL safe.

This is not a question a mother can answer in the way you want. A real mother loves her children equally, period and would never, under any circumstances leave one behind to save the others, it just wouldn't enter her mind. What would the other children think of her? "she just left my sibling behind", they would hate her and she would hate herself....wouldn't happen.

Anyone who would leave one child over the other is undeserving of the title "mom"

If worse came to worse i'd allow my children to use my body as a surfboard out of there in a last chance effort to save them. Though honestly I do not know enough about volcano lava to know whether that would actually be feasible.

I would have to say the opposite. I'm a father, but I think anyone who wouldn't save the 2 she could doesn't deserve the title of mom. Women thru out history have been required to make such decisions. If they hadn't we might not be here.

What an absolute crock! Most wouldn't and would die trying to save all, knowing that this is the right thing to do, and have faith in miracles, which by the way, happen daily. So, chances are for some, they'd all make it.

No! Get it yet! Reptilian brain is lower mind!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The OP says that if you try to save all 3 all 4 of you die. So your murdering 2 children to stay with one that's doomed already.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

How is the one doomed already, they're all there with you, and if you leave one, you've doomed him/her.

If this is data mining, sorry to say to the leviathin running the world, most people ARE NOT programmed drones yet. They never will be either.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join