It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you Leave Your Child behind to Save the Other 2?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

Alright, dismount your high horse woman, clearly my comments about leaving the "annoying kid" behind or "making more" were tongue in cheek but it can't be helped if some people have no sense of humour!

Besides, unlike most in this thread, I am keeping within the rules set out by the OP - you can't save all three. Rationalising it out, I'd still rescue my daughter and younger son over the eldest as if any of them has a chance of saving themselves, it is him, the other two I have no doubt would perish.

My issue was the over-abundance of "mother knows best" going on this thread as if you are the centre of all things children - which is blatantly false.

It is typical that you should go down the tired "childbirth pain - you don't know, mothers love etc etc" route, however - I've heard it all before and will continue to hear until the day I die, no doubt, as if Women have a monopoly on pain and loving children.

Ironically, despite happily chirping on about how great women are (and by extension how crappy men are) you get your knickers in a twist when I suggest women are most likely to panic. If you don't like the tired old stereotypes, then perhaps don't push them?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

Can I ask what the hell you are doing with only 1 parent with 3 kids that can't run/walk going to an effing volcano together? I would carry all 3, if not I would die with all 3 at this stupid ass volcano we very retardedly decided to go to as a family!

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well of course, and if they were past reproductive age I don't suppose that their children would need so much help anyway, their children would probably be helping them more...

People are so removed from reality today, I was at an overgrown cemetery in the woods where my relatives are buried from over 100 years ago, most all of the graves were children under five years of age, adults graves were nearing the 100 year mark...

If people could deal with the loss then, why can't they do that now?.

All one can do is try to make the right decision to keep the lineage alive, it isn't very complicated at all other than life is painful and full of loss and grief.

Everything will come to pass no matter how hard you fight to prevent it's passing.

The only thing I truly know, is that I don't know.

a reply to: CynConcepts

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
a reply to: queenofsheba

If they are not triplets me and the larger sibling are grabbing the other two up and figuring out a way to attempt to overcome the situation at hand... Cannot say if we would make it or not but will try. How do you rationalize in a split second what child live or dies w/o trying every option 1 wonders.

It is a interesting question in a psyops kind of way. Who know what the answers say about those providing them, but that is mine.

You do realize that it wasn't an option lol. The OP isn't " how can you carry 3 kids down a volcano". It's could you leave one child to die to save the other 2?

If you couldn't, just say I couldn't, and all your kids die.

I bet like 2/3rds of responders ignored the question and tried to figure out the best way to carry 3 kids.

But you'd ignore that because that isn't possible scenario unless its triplets, so when people make up silliness you respond with reality and ignore their silliness If it was 3 babies toddlers, you'd tie them on with your clothes, and run for it.

But kids would probably outrun you.

Reality check.

edit on 23-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Fathers can always produce - leave the Wife to the lava, take 2 of the best kids and find yourself a nice 20-something when the dust has settled, everyone's happy....

Besides, if you're too old to have any more, the chances are the kids are at least teenagers and too big to be carried down the mountain anyway - they really should be saving themselves or helping their parents.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
Well of course, and if they were past reproductive age I don't suppose that their children would need so much help anyway, their children would probably be helping them more...

I only disagree on the assumption that not being able to reproduce means one is older. I had medically had my tubes tied right after the 3rd child was born. I was only 26 years old. Some others have infertility issues and/ or medical complications at a young age.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

It's also intresting the women seem to be far more worried about the "feelings" they would have, then the lives they would save. IMHO emotions aren't reality. Emotions are how we perceive reality. Just because you feel like your husband screwed up doesn't mean he did. Lol

You don't understand life. We're immortal souls on assignment and when the veil slips, we remember others. Feeling is far more important than living another day. Doing the right thing by Family is far more important than this lower dimensional meat sack that we're temporarily imprisoned in.

Doing the wrong thing is like a finger wiggling inside that slowly eats away at your spirit shine.

You would never ever let a child down, they trust in you like a god, like goodness itself, and love you more than you can ever imagine. And children are afraid of death more than adults are. You never betray the trust of your child.

Nor do you abuse them, bully them, try to force your ideologies on them and write them off if they don't conform.

You work hard to WAKE UP, regain some memories, touch base with your reason for being here, make some improvements in how you judge others and treat them, see through all isms, and religions, politics, economics, put none of them ahead of how you treat people, for all of that is idolatry and the temple for God/Spirit is the person before you.

I'll share you something, my native friend and I think deeply on everything all the time, and we've been down in the trenches going through stress and trying to reach family and those in need, while overcoming fallout from life ourselves.

On the phone she talked about how she was almost ready to give up, she couldn't stand this, it was such a waste, and her friend, partner in her music duo, has such a blessed life, material, family. And I said, yes, she's awake and most upper middle class/middle class are not, they simply vote the bad guys in. Before you came in, she knew you were going deep in the trenches so she was set up as a resource to you, the bungee cord that keeps pulling you back. I don't even think her partner has children, but is there for my friend all the time. That's how Family rolls.

While she tries to free people from being lost in the trenches, and has dreams of taking them out in sky trains, bending space and time.

So we talked about how you pray, meditate and get good ideas, but the health isn't there to manage everything and even keep the home up, and then she shared 2 dreams.

Her roommate was fishing on the lake, and she was driving her suburu over the water. He said, wait, she can't do that! How is she doing that?

Next it was driving her suburu with a guide in the passenger seat, and a huge wall. She took a run at it and nearly cleared it, and was feeling good that this was the best she'd done so far, and yet he wasn't pleased. Next day she shares this with her grandson and he said, "Grandma, maybe you were supposed to drive through it".

Its all a hologram, unreal. Drive through. We have far more power than you can imagine, infinite power, especially when you are doing the right thing and wearing CLEAN UNDERWEAR, not sinking like a stone from guilt. Not only would you, but your 2 surviving children when they found out , would spend a lifetime sinking like a stone with guilt.

If your body expires from doing it, ploughing through the hologram, then you've earned your medal and cold smoothie on the other side.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
I beg to differ since my current husband had only one child and made sure medically that he would not have anymore. I am sure there are other fathers who cannot reproduce, either by choice or medically infertile.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Some others have infertility issues and/ or medical complications at a young age.

Then they are unlikely to be in this situation if they cannot have children, surely? A moot point for a rather pointless question

(post by brandiwine14 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

>groan<

Of course, if we start to delve into individual circumstance, then we're all going to burn on the mountain as we discuss, as the pyroclastic flow roars closer, who can have children and who cannot...

I think it was obvious that I was speaking generally....

FYI, my own fiancée has been sterilised out of choice, so I am not oblivious.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
How so? I was given a hypothetical situation and I looked at the hypothesis based on my children at different ages...right on up to their current age! The OP left the reason open ended why you could not rescue 1 child...it just was the case...I considered the toxious gases from the volcano had caused them all to faint! Even as a Mom of my older daughters, I would save 2 of them...though admittedly, my choices would be different than when they were younger. Mainly due to the fact, that my two oldest daughters now have their own children. I would save them.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
A Mother's Love, the universe womb/challice...the way back home! No wonder they try to shove burqa's on women in some parts of the world, because its not about errecting giant penis obelisks everywhere and beating the war drum, the dark side soul trap.

Mom's love the wounded bird, not more, but in a special way, trying to reach the annoying one, and find the way to help them.

God/Goodness/Good Family is like that with us too.

They are the Equality and the way back home for peter pan's lost boys.

(post by stumason removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Some others have infertility issues and/ or medical complications at a young age.

Then they are unlikely to be in this situation if they cannot have children, surely? A moot point for a rather pointless question

After a nasty incident as a kid (I fell on the edge of a 45 gal garbage can from about 10 feet.......yeah ouch!!!!!! I think people heard me screaming 10 miles away). The docs said I was about 1-5% chance of having kids if at all....

I am 34, have 3 wonderful healthy children, So yes it is very possible....miracles do happen

edit on 23-6-2014 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Teye22

I would save the ones I could. There lives are that important. If I couldnt live with myself afterwords then fine once they are with their mother I would kill myself. To me staying with all three for certain death would be the same as murdering two of my children.
You can't understand how some could save two and I can't understand how others can kill their children.

My feeling of guilt over my choice doesn't override my instincts to keep them alive.

If the children were dying in the hospital and there was only enough medicine to save two you better believe I would save two. I sure as hell wouldn't say "since they can't all live it's better if they all die". That really is the same scenario except me as a parent has no choice to live on. In the other scenarios you get an easy option of dying therefore you don't have to live with your guilt. Same as murder suicide. For me choosing death for them in any instance is insane and not an option. The one who has to live with the choice is me. It would be my burden but at least two could go on living and hopefully find happiness.

My answer was directed specificaly at this scenario....I would never ever leave my kids behind, I would save all 3 (I WOULD), but this thread removes that option, I would love to give a better answer, But I would never be able to choose between them, that is my point.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You misunderstand - you first stated that some people cannot reproduce - in which case, why would they be on the Volcano worried about which of their 3 children to save?

Do you not see the contradiction?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Teye22

Cheers for that! I am no wincing in pain as I type....

Congratulations! There is something to be said for plugging away at something and getting a result

Likewise - I caught an STD of a previous GF when I was younger. Grew a big, big lump on a ball and was told with the scarring on all the tubing, kids would be difficult if not impossible.

I now have 3.... Yay.... no money or time to myself for the next decade and a half.....

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

If i could only carry two i would try to make a braislet out of my Close and try to drag og carry the thrid one. Main goal is to bring everyone out safely. No matter the cost. I would rather die trying than leaving my kids behind.

Depending on age i could also put one inside my t-shirt and tie a knot so that the T-shirt functions like a poutch/Pocket.

If you take Your kids up to a Valcano, always have a plan in case something should happen. Having a backpack is always good. You can easly fit a small kid in it. As another tip. The harnes on a back pack can aslo be used. You can hook Your kids onto each strap going over the sholders to make it a lot easier to carry.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teye22
Normally, a volcano shakes a lot before it erupts, even for days....Am I wrong?!?! Why would anyone in their right mind EVER want to go onto an erupting volcano with their kids?!?

It would a very very stupid move...imo

Back on topic though, if I were that stupid (I ain't), I would stay with all of them. The only person's life I would sacrifice to save my children would be my own if I were sure they would survive with their Mom....that is an extreme scenario, I only said this because we have had this conversation before and we both agreed that if it was a choice betwwen any one of the kids's life or one of ours, we would go, not the kids that have a full life ahead of them.

Of course If there was a way to save all of them THAT would be the best option, but in this case, its not an option?

I just have 1 question for anyone who would choose to leave a child behind
how would you be able to pick which one to "sacrifice" and still be able to to look at the other 2 in the eyes after?!?! I didnt read all the posts, but NO parent that TRULY love their children equaly and unconditionally could EVER leave a child to die on their own

See I thought of that, but that is truely impossible because I would have to guess at the identity of the kids. Instead I left it open so we could imagaine our children there. Not some random ones I created.

One guy said something earlier as a joke that rang true. He said he would kick one into the volcano. Well because of all the sympathy for leaving one alone, might that be the better option?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join