It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a terrorist?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RedmoonMWC

You might find the following article, I just found, interesting:

www.commondreams.org...

A quote to whet your whistle....

Total War Against the Planet

The Minerva project paid Cornel University researchers to find out when social movements reach a “critical mass” of people – a “tipping point” at which they become a threat to the powers-that-be. In the language of “terrorism studies,” the human beings involved in these social movements are “contagions,” as in vectors of disease. Neutralizing them becomes a job for “warfighters.”

The Minerva Project.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz
a reply to: crazyewok

To me a Terrorist is anyone that uses the threat of Religion to harm, dismember or kill another person or group of people. Otherwise wouldnt just normal/ serial killers be Terrorists too?

OK what about the IRA that used bombing of innocents in London to spread fear?

The Bombers in Oklahoma in the USA?

Neither of them used religion. I put it to you it can be political as well as religious ideas.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I agree, terrorism should be define as will full violence against a civilian population and it doesn't have to be exclusively religious but the US gov would say that anyone anywhere at anytime is a terrorist for almost any reason

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
There simply is no clear definition of what a terrorist actually is, the only definitions that really matter are those that come from the state, yet states can use these definitions as a means to a ends and there is very little agreement between states as to what constitutes a "terrorist".

A few years ago I wrote this thread on the subject that you might find interesting OP,

Defining Terrorism.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz

To me a Terrorist is anyone that uses the threat of Religion to harm, dismember or kill another person or group of people. Otherwise wouldnt just normal/ serial killers be Terrorists too?

Your comment makes me think that you learned about "terrorist" after 9/11.

Quite sad.

You have no clue on what a terrorist is.... just biased information from your media and 9/11-centric view of the world.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's the American version of "ANTISEMITE"

A bigot is someone who doesn't like the Jews
An Antisemite is someone the Jews don't like

or

A Patriot is someone who disagrees with the Government
A Terrorist is a person that the Government disagrees with

top topics

<< 1   >>

join