It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you trade God for a Eutopia?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's pretend. Lol

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: ArtemisE

originally posted by: XxRagingxPandaxX
a reply to: ArtemisE
Then god. Granted all the stipulations that come with him run parallel to religions here in reality. I'll take eternal paradise over 95 years of it.

Well played. Great point, in this world you would have to consider God a givin. You can't trade nothing for a Eutopia. So in this universe there must be a god.

Not so fast. I don't see any utopia yet, and as you said, you can't get a utopia for nothing.

It's pretend.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
not a chance, Op.

how would that work, anyway?

It's pretend is how it works.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxRagingxPandaxX
Then god. Granted all the stipulations that come with him run parallel to religions here in reality. I'll take eternal paradise over 95 years of it.

Well played. Great point, in this world you would have to consider God a givin. You can't trade nothing for a Eutopia. So in this universe there must be a god.

Not so fast. I don't see any utopia yet, and as you said, you can't get a utopia for nothing.

It's pretend.

I was speaking hypothetically. Don't take my answers too seriously if I'm not supposed to take your questions too seriously.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
You don't have to trade your God for utopia. Most religions teach that there is a utopia provided by God. Christians call it heaven. You just have to live your mortal life the right way (according to scripture) to get there.

It's pretend.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
God is always around not matter the human religions/views that humans create to try to describe it. To say it clearly religions believe god is on their religions side, many of them could not be more wrong since from a higher level point of view they are all idols of the real deal.

Humans create duality. God transcends duality.

It's pretend.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

Would you trade your personal religion and god, for a Eutopia?

No war, poverty, disease, pollution, rape, murder, or theft, A perfect society.

Well...Firstly, the phrase "personal religion" is an oxymoron. Religion is a manmade word conceived to depersonalize and marginalize a one-on-one individual relationship with the Creator.

Secondly, anyone who believes a Utopia can be established without Divine intervention, obviously has no understanding of the human condition.

And thirdly...Nothing or no one will ever cause me to deny my Lord and Savior.

BTW, didn't satan already try this little ruse with Christ?

...the devil took Him to a very high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world, and their glory. And he said to Him, "All these things will I give you if you fall down and worship me." - Matthew 4:9

To which Jesus responded:

"Begone, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only. (Matthew 4:10)"

It's pretend.....

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Okay, if that's all the answer you have at this point, I'm gonna abandon thread. I thought this was going to be an interesting conversation. Six responses you've posted on this page have been virtually identical, so that's not exactly encouraging.

Yeah, I'm out. Maybe I'll drop through in a couple days to see the progress.
edit on 22-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well, no worries, then...And, I pretended to S & F your OP, also...!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"It's pretend." x how many?

WOW, dude. Thread FAIL.

What a cop-out. Glad I didn't bother S/F or responding.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Okay, if that's all the answer you have at this point, I'm gonna abandon thread. I thought this was going to be an interesting conversation. Six responses you've posted on this page have been virtually identical, so that's not exactly encouraging.

The point of "it's pretend", is that it's a fake universe. So whatever you consider a utopia is what society you get. Whoever your god is is what you trade. The details of the transaction don't matter...... I guess a good way to look at it might be......

What if the god of your personal religion showed up, right in front of you, then offered you a deal. God would sacrifice himself ( basically committing suicide) in exchange for a perfect society and the end of all violence and war, but the choice is yours. You decide if he kills himself for our paradise or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Maybe it feels good, but is it really you or someone else controlling you?

The same might be asked of you.

Or maybe it's something more sinister where people are controlled and melded into one society of equals through darker means.

Again, the same might be said to you. For instance, that Orwell video you posted - imagine if, instead of Emmanuel Goldstein's face, it was Satan. Or Lucifer. Starting to make sense now? Hell, there was a point in time at which we gathered at the local stockade in order to take turns throwing stones and rotten vegetables at people who displeased the pastor or the townsfolk.

One society through anger and hate. Fear the witches, burn them. Fear the pagans, burn them. Fear the heretics, burn them. Fear the visionaries and students of science, burn them.

Well, I see a lot of assumptions.

Where you see only the evil, I see people in organized groups. People in organized groups for any reason tend to fall into that kind of behavior where they create an other to hate and fear for the purposes of control and cohesion. Don't you remember growing up where your social group found people outside itself to hate and/or fear and pick on? You weren't thinking that way at the time but you all did it to reinforce your own social cohesion as a group and to keep control of your social situation by making yourselves feel superior to an outsider.

It's the same impulse that leads to what we see above.

Utopian impulses are simply the desire to make everyone everywhere a part of your group so that you are no longer threatened by the "other" in whatever form that may manifest.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The point of "it's pretend", is that it's a fake universe. So whatever you consider a utopia is what society you get. Whoever your god is is what you trade. The details of the transaction don't matter...... I guess a good way to look at it might be......

What if the god of your personal religion showed up, right in front of you, then offered you a deal. God would sacrifice himself ( basically committing suicide) in exchange for a perfect society and the end of all violence and war, but the choice is yours. You decide if he kills himself for our paradise or not.

I still wouldn't do it for the reason I just got done explaining.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The only real God/Goodness in existence beyond all earth codes is in Abundance, in the Summerland or Eutopia realms/mansions of heaven, existing only as scarsity, reduction (ie the drop of light in the dark yin/yang) under the pyramid dark star gravity realms, of harming and enslaving others.

They're not equal sides by any stretch. For its the Light/white/love (all metaphoric not race), that is the Infinite Consciousness. And the two opposing energies in that consciousness, as seen from a duality meeting ground shows us the yin/yang, dark metaphoric side still containing the spec of Mind/Spirit that is God, and in the positive side, there is still a spec of imperfection, distortion or dark, attempting to perfect.

Scarsity and reduction of Mind/God is not equal to Abundance and Progression.

If you're in a pyramid system of any kind, (and we are), you're in a winterland.

The only difference is, here we have still the ability to free our minds and grow that Light/God/Consciousness and move ahead.
To not harm or control others, dominate, the very symbol of pyramids, but wayshowers.

So Eutopias are WITH GOD and scarsity pain tactics are with the opposite side.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

God would sacrifice himself ( basically committing suicide) in exchange for a perfect society and the end of all violence and war, but the choice is yours.

According to the Christian doctrine, that's exactly what he did. And it failed.
Like your thread.

We still don't have a perfect society - and I guess, until people wake the hell up and get with the program (being collectively conscious and motivated to achieve it) - we never will.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I couldn't possibly care less about stars and flags.... I'm just here for the conversation lol.

People were over thinking the premiss.... I'm leaving it open to ya'll as well for the mathematics of the "deal". Feel free to come up with any scenario that works. You can't over dissect the logic of a hypothetical. Especially one like this that's miles past reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Okay, I think I see. Like Faust. Making a deal.
Hmmm. On one hand, I think life is too short to try to "fix it" and wipe out whover/whatever this 'god' is - but then, on the other hand, I don't see 'god' that way at all.

No comment.
If he needs "permission" to do it, his will isn't all that strong, is it?
MY permission, specifically? I'd say, "do whatever you think is best." Because that's how I try to live. Besides that, in this fake universe, he could do it without offing himself if he wanted. So - I'd be tempted to think he's a poser to begin with.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Utopian impulses are simply the desire to make everyone everywhere a part of your group so that you are no longer threatened by the "other" in whatever form that may manifest.

Oh, you mean like heaven.
edit on 22-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

God would sacrifice himself ( basically committing suicide) in exchange for a perfect society and the end of all violence and war, but the choice is yours.

According to the Christian doctrine, that's exactly what he did. And it failed.
Like your thread.

We still don't have a perfect society - and I guess, until people wake the hell up and get with the program (being collectively conscious and motivated to achieve it) - we never will.

You mean failed as in "it's 8 hours old and already 3 pages failed"? Lol

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Okay, I think I see. Like Faust. Making a deal.
Hmmm. On one hand, I think life is too short to try to "fix it" and wipe out whover/whatever this 'god' is - but then, on the other hand, I don't see 'god' that way at all.

No comment.
If he needs "permission" to do it, his will isn't all that strong, is it?
MY permission, specifically? I'd say, "do whatever you think is best." Because that's how I try to live. Besides that, in this fake universe, he could do it without offing himself if he wanted. So - I'd be tempted to think he's a poser to begin with.

He doesn't NEED permission... He just offers the choice to you.

This is exactly why I said "it's pretend".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join