It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the endgame for a society that's constantly offended by everything?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A lot of good response's so far, all of them possible. The elephant in the room is a belief system that if you don't become like them you will be enslaved or killed and not many seem to take it seriously.

With that being said I fear we are on the verge of finding out.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Since it has been going on since the dawn of time the endgame is nothing. At least we stopped burning people who offend us.

Just wait. Everything goes in cycles.

I've increasingly heard this new PC Police trend likened to a resurgence of Puritan ethic where you are either exactly like everyone else in how you think and behave or you are forever branded with a scarlet letter like Hester Pryne with your life potentially destroyed. It's only a short step from there to burning people at the stake, or whatever the modern equivalent is ... although you could liken the modern public destruction campaign to a metaphorical burning.
edit on 22-6-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

At some point you become trained.
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Too late. Look at the shape we're in already.
Most don't give a second thought to what they hear from the media. If it's on CNN/MSNBC/Fox/ABC etc, it must be true. Look at the pathetic excuses coming from the White House and fans of this administration are defending it as the gospel truth. I honestly believe it's all down hill from here.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If everyone would just mind their own business, we wouldn't have these problems because we would be to busy living our lives. And since that has proved impossible for some people, how about simply stopping for two seconds to think "how would what I'm about to do and/or say affect me ?".

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

At some point you become trained.
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Too late. Look at the shape we're in already.
Most don't give a second thought to what they hear from the media. If it's on CNN/MSNBC/Fox/ABC etc, it must be true. Look at the pathetic excuses coming from the White House and fans of this administration are defending it as the gospel truth. I honestly believe it's all down hill from here.

Man I hope you're wrong, but it looking that way. For me the first sign global warming is fake is the number of times I have now seen the movie "Day After Tomorrow" played over and over.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Same place humanity has been heading since we can remember, we build really high than we destroy it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
a reply to: yourmaker

Personally I believe it will lead to the down fall of our culture . Then a totalitarian faction will take over and force compliance to social norms as dictated by the government.

Sound like the UN to me

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join