It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Zero Cross: Court presses atheist group to explain why artifact is 'offensive'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Did the 'port authority' pay for those buildings ?

Did the 'port authority' shell out the property taxes for it ?

Did the 'port authority' shell out for the ulitities ?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
a reply to: Char-Lee

Well this memorial is in America.

And to a lot of peoples represents every single human life that was "taken" that day.

Their countries can choose how they depict their memorials; we won't be offended. Scouts honor...

I am not sure what you are saying? All Americans are Christian? Or only the majority of belief systems should be represented and not by who was killed but by the country they died in?

No. I would have just said that.

What I said was pretty self-explanatory and delving into the issue microscopically serves no further purpose than to complicate the discussion.

Hummm so you are saying,

Well this memorial is in America.

And to a lot of peoples represents every single human life that was "taken" that day.

Their countries can choose how they depict their memorials; we won't be offended. Scouts honor...

Ok... thanks for clarifying that.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Who owns the land Neo?

You just claimed it was owned privately.

Are you moving the goal posts and redefining what ownership is?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

When it was a bunch of people who WEREN'T christains that declared 'jihad' and flew planes into some buildings to kill the 'infidels'.

Thanks for NOT answering any of my questions.

Yes, those that attacked on 9/11 were not christian.

Muslims are not Christian, Atheist, Buddhists, Wicca, etc forever.

You seem to be heavily invested in making this a Christian memorial while purposefully ignoring EVERYBODY ELSE.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Who owns the land Neo?

Doesn't matter who owns the GD land.

The owner of the building paid for the building to be built and OWNS ALL THE CONTENT in it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I wonder if it offends people when they see crosses on highways or intersections as a memorial for someone who lost their life? To me it seems like a giant cross at a giant accident site seems fitting. Honestly I tend to associate crosses more with loss of life or as a grave marker than as symbol of Christianity or something overly religious. I know it is, but does it matter so much where these symbols came from as to what it's being used for today. The cross wasn't even originally a Christian symbol. Symbols have been used for so many different things over the centuries. Simple ones like crosses, stars, and swastikas have constantly had their meaning altered and fit with the ideology of the time.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

edit on 22-6-2014 by neo96 because: mixed posts up editing

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xDeadcowx

Thanks for NOT answering any of my questions.

Wasn't aware I was a dog, and I was suppose to do tricks for others here.

You seem to be heavily invested in making this a Christian memorial while purposefully ignoring EVERYBODY ELSE.

I do ?

Hows that since I don't effing live there.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Who owns the land Neo?

Doesn't matter who owns the GD land.

The owner of the building paid for the building to be built and OWNS ALL THE CONTENT in it.

Sooo now it doesn't matter all of a sudden.

I say it does and so does the law. There would be no issue if it was private land, but it isn't private land. On top of that maybe you didn't look at the picture but the GD (as you put it when you get caught being FOS) monument isn't inside anything. It is outside.

Try to remember you claimed this wasn't atheists business even though it is public land and taxpayer dollars that includes atheist taxpayers go toward the site. Again I ask do you not include atheists as part of the public because it sure seems like you are saying it isn't any of our business.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

What part of a PRIVATE OWNED BUILDING is someone missing ?

The PUBLIC didn't pay for it's construction.

And they sure the hell don't pay its property taxes.

And they sure the hell didn't pay for the LEASE.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Now what are you talking about neo.

Are you saying the 911 memorial is privately owned or are you saying all the debris from 911 towers is privately owned?

If it is the first then I don't give a damn what they put up on the private site if it is the later then you don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Anyone who goes around trying to 'burn cross's'

Are the ones that don't have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You will probably never see a president give this type of speech ever again

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So you are talking about the latter I take it?

If you are thinking along those lines then every car after a crash every house destroyed by fire or wind is still owned privately even after insurance pays it off and it is scraped and sold off to other interests(maybe even state interests). Is that what you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nope

This is what I am saying.

Apparently ground zero can't have a cross but it does get to have a nice shiny new mosque !

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And the athiests are WHERE ?

Crickets.

Aint that land 'owned' by the public ?
edit on 22-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

In the case of the towers the rubble was land filled and steel sold to a private owned company in china . Most landfills are ran by a corporation even if land owned by public all waste when picked up or delivered to waste management is considered their property. Privately owned .

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Nope

This is what I am saying.

Apparently ground zero can't have a cross but it does get to have a nice shiny new mosque !

Haha nice red herring fallacy you got there.

And the athiests are WHERE ?

Crickets.

Aint that land 'owned' by the public ?

Is that public land? Says it is two blocks away from ground zero and is already owned by them.

Wait a minute neo. Which is it because there seems to be some contention about what is public land and isn't.

Is ground zero owned by the port authority or is it private as you said? That really needs to be cleared up before you go moving on to other things. Or moving on to things happening two blocks away which could be private or public land. BTW who owns the building there now.

How about you stop throwing out red herrings and moving goal posts?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

How about you stop throwing out red herrings and moving goal posts?

Why worked 'so well' for someone else saying the public has any rights to the materials at ground zero.

IE that cross.

Because THEY DON"T.

Because THEY NEVER PAID FOR IT.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness

In the case of the towers the rubble was landfilled and steel sold to a private owned company in china . Most landfills are ran by a corporation even if land owned by public all waste when picked up or delivered to waste management is considered their property. Privately owned .

Yeah I pretty much knew that but I am trying to figure out what Neo is talking about because it seems like he is saying that because that area was once owned by private interests that it will forever be owned by private interests. Kind of like saying I still own all the homes I have lived in and sold.

Anyway to take your example further the steel that was sold to China is owned by China now some of it may be in their military which would be the state.

Not sure where neo is running with this, that's why I keep asking, but he doesn't seem to be willing to give a strait answer.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cito
You will probably never see a president give this type of speech ever again

Yes a wonderful message from a good Christian?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join