It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I welcome all debunkers to this, Top 5 Conspiracy Theories That Are True! *VIDEO*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TiM3LoRd

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

Its only real if it can be proved to be real.

It's real, Bro. -_-

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

originally posted by: knoledgeispower

What I would like to see is those tried and true debunkers on here who refuse to admit that the government is capable of the things we conspiracy theorists claim they have can and will do.

MKUltra was a dark but also hilarious time of human history with governments doing whacky things such as funding gay rights thinking it would turn nations weak. Ironically, gay rights have actually made countries harder to infiltrate for the intelligence community; homosexual persons used to be a 'go to' to flip an asset like a pancake because gay people were already stigmatized by their own nation.

I think it should be known as the 'Get Smart' period of human history, because some of it really was that silly.

Yes MkUltra was such a hilarious time *roll eyes* I wouldn't really call what they did "whacky" I'd call in inhumane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you to the OP for sharing these 5 conspiracies that are fact. I only knew about 2 of the 5

If you don't find Russia making KGB agents pretend to be gay, Americans trying to mind link with psychics in space, and people thinking '___' is a mind control weapon slightly humorous then perhaps you need to get over a hill called 'self'. Yes, it's inhumane but finding it funny doesn't change that.

A lot of human humor is quite dark, it's a coping mechanism and I won't turn mine off because some people are riding around on moral drama llamas.

To quote John Cleese, 'why not make jokes about Socrates? Maybe there were funny things about him.'

Right I forgot sexual abuse & torture is hilarious, I'm peeing myself right now it's so funny *roll eyes*

You may use dark humor as a coping mechanism but lots don't so don't get all pissy when people think you are insane, like I do.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Right I forgot sexual abuse & torture is hilarious, I'm peeing myself right now it's so funny *roll eyes*

You may use dark humor as a coping mechanism but lots don't so don't get all pissy when people think you are insane, like I do.

Look, I apologize if you have some deep connection with this subject matter and it makes it difficult to discuss for you, but ...

Nowhere did I imply that sexual abuse and torture is 'okay', and I actually wrote in the original post that it was a 'dark' time, so it's not like being incredulous at what people thought was okay back then is mutually exclusive with condemning it. To imply these things are mutually exclusive is twisted. I didn't even reference those two topics that you're preaching about.

You don't know me, you're projecting an incredibly offensive character upon me, and I find it woefully impolite. Lets even say I've done something offensive, maybe if you calmly explained it instead of attempting to round up a party of people to burn me I'd consider what you're saying ... People say things without thinking all the time, and all your attitude does is make them defensive.

So at very least reconsider how you broach the subject of your own offensive. If you don't give people a chance to consider and apologize, they will just tell you where to shove it nine out of ten times.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

MKUltra used numerous methodologies to manipulate people's mental states and alter brain functions, including the surreptitious administration of drugs (especially '___')

If anyone wants to delve further down that rabbit hole and discover the connection between the governments programs to stone out the hippy movement with drugs, they can read about it here.

Discover the advent of '___' (Owsley acid) and the source it claimed was the CIA. Right about the time whatsisface took that walk out the twelfth story window.

Weird. AcId and glass panes are blanked.

These and other conspiracies aren't theories. I lived thru the times of some of them.

More info on germ warfare experiments on US citizens…

Wiki

That is an interesting take on it.

I was always under the impression the counter culture movement of the 60's started as a result of mind altering drugs.

I have always wondered what It must have been like to be a part of such a wold wide movement with the aim of changing for the better.

It is a shame out parents couldnt push past the fear of losing the status quo or maybe they all had one too many acid trips and realized reality was far more unsettling than the fantasy and decided to collectively go back to sleep.

But there is no stopping what can not be stopped and evolution is a force of nature and a rule of change so one day we will finally see the change that we are meant to experience.

And no, we didn't go back to sleep......we were just overwhelmed with parenting the likes of you ungrateful buggers.....

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

originally posted by: intrptr

MKUltra used numerous methodologies to manipulate people's mental states and alter brain functions, including the surreptitious administration of drugs (especially '___')

If anyone wants to delve further down that rabbit hole and discover the connection between the governments programs to stone out the hippy movement with drugs, they can read about it here.

Discover the advent of '___' (Owsley acid) and the source it claimed was the CIA. Right about the time whatsisface took that walk out the twelfth story window.

Weird. AcId and glass panes are blanked.

These and other conspiracies aren't theories. I lived thru the times of some of them.

More info on germ warfare experiments on US citizens…

Wiki

That is an interesting take on it.

I was always under the impression the counter culture movement of the 60's started as a result of mind altering drugs.

I have always wondered what It must have been like to be a part of such a wold wide movement with the aim of changing for the better.

It is a shame out parents couldnt push past the fear of losing the status quo or maybe they all had one too many acid trips and realized reality was far more unsettling than the fantasy and decided to collectively go back to sleep.

But there is no stopping what can not be stopped and evolution is a force of nature and a rule of change so one day we will finally see the change that we are meant to experience.

And no, we didn't go back to sleep......we were just overwhelmed with parenting the likes of you ungrateful buggers.....

The burden of parenting lies with the parent not the child. People who cant raise kids shouldn't have them.

Also This might not be the most accurate forum to project the inadequacies of your parenting skills. As it might be deemed off topic.

Getting back on topic

Did you know about the poisoned alcohol during prohibition conspiracy? It was an interesting twist dont you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Look, I apologize if you have some deep connection with this subject matter and it makes it difficult to discuss for you, but ...

Nowhere did I imply that sexual abuse and torture is 'okay', and I actually wrote in the original post that it was a 'dark' time, so it's not like being incredulous at what people thought was okay back then is mutually exclusive with condemning it. To imply these things are mutually exclusive is twisted. I didn't even reference those two topics that you're preaching about.

You don't know me, you're projecting an incredibly offensive character upon me, and I find it woefully impolite. Lets even say I've done something offensive, maybe if you calmly explained it instead of attempting to round up a party of people to burn me I'd consider what you're saying ... People say things without thinking all the time, and all your attitude does is make them defensive.

So at very least reconsider how you broach the subject of your own offensive. If you don't give people a chance to consider and apologize, they will just tell you where to shove it nine out of ten times.

I dont mean to get in the middle of this but I think the confusion lies in the subject of mind control and the eara in which it happened and all the other secret governmental black project going on.

I understand your point in that the stance the governments of both sides took to the paranoia of the cold war either manufactured or real was stupid to say the least. But the topic of discussion was MKULTRA mind control and the heinous act committed in the name of that secret program. The poster you are debating with might be thinking that you are including that program with all the others you mentioned were going on at the time and given the way the information was portrayed I can understand why they might think that.

I get it that you meant no ill will in what you said and thats fine but for a lot of people the topic of abuse and torture at the hand of an oppressive entity is a sensitive topic. Again I dont want to speak on behalf of the person you quoted I just though as the OP I would interject before this escalated any further. We all just want the same thing. the truth.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Remember when we told you the government was tapping peoples phones and you said thats ridiculous, bet you dont feel too smart now huh?

You ever watch Game of Thrones? Well let's say you're Joffrey and I'm the Dwarf, Tyrion...this is where I'd say "One word and I hit you again" after popping you in the mouth after the smug, self satisfied comment you just made.

Humble yourself. Or someone may do it for you.

It's not about distrusting conspiracy theorists or what they claim, it's about distrusting human beings in general. You say this or that happened, or is happening, and I question you. If you get defensive, I get offensive. If you get offensive then we have officially ruined the ability to communicate like two intelligent adults.

As for people not liking what you're saying and dismissing claims that are true, it's because it's thought of as negativity and most people would rather talk about something else. That's all. Years later, after so many scandals and unforgivable truths have come out...what's been done? Nothing. What can be done? What can be done to a government with the most money, nuclear and biological weapons, drones etc?

So a person might dismiss it just because it seems like someone's trying to act "smarter than thou," or maybe they don't want to believe it...who cares? This is YOUR personal interest, not the person who brushes it off and changes the subject to the weather, the kids or how stupid your haircut looks.

And just to set your mind at ease, I've ALWAYS distrusted government. Not long after 9/11 me and my friend were driving back to my place and we just threw it out there that it could be a government false flag. My friend isn't a very serious person but even he said that crossed his mind. Then I started busting his balls because he was a Yankees fan and the Diamondbacks had just beat them in the World Series and that was that. I didn't even discover Loose Change or Alex Jones until 2006, but I was lurking other forums with, shall we say, "unorthodox views."

It's in the presentation, and your presentation sucks. It screams "Look at me, I'm a hero trying to save you all from ___" Shut up...We've heard it all before. When a person stumbles across Conspiracy Theories or actual Conspiracies themselves, they want to tell the world. And it's been going on since Adam met Eve or Big met Bang...whatever. The quote above makes me want to play devil's advocate just for the hell of it, because I'm sure you're foolish enough to honestly get riled up about it.

You're not original. You're not special. You're not better than non-believers. Get over yourself. As far as these 5 claims are concerned, I'll take on the "Tuskegee syphilis experiment." I'll say this is another way to incite blacks to violence against whites and eventually, to their self destruction. It's divide and conquer. Same #, different day.

But is it plausible that our government could have done that? Absolutely. Add them to the 10,000,000 page list of groups of people the US government has #ed over. So what? Again, what are you going to do about it, little bird? "Chirp chirp" with a snotty attitude? Post on the internet about it and act like you're some kind of freedom fighter? There's an acronym for that, it's called LARPing. Live Action Role Playing. You're bored. You're insignificant. You want purpose.

Please, by all means...take this personally. I'd find it hilarious. And as for your "enlightening" people, again. Egotistical trash. Are you out to help people or are you out to make yourself look like a hero who's saving the maiden fair? Because you can do neither. The internet is FULL of conspiracy theories and conspiracies exposed. And what's been done about it? Aside from making 60% of the country more obese and disgusting?

edit on 22-6-2014 by Wrath because: Changed "through"to "threw"

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrath

To clarify: "Aside from making 60% of the country more obese and disgusting?"

Most people just find this kind of stuff fascinating. It's little more than entertainment to them and it keeps them on their butts instead of being out and about losing some of those jelly rolls.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrath

Remember when we told you the government was tapping peoples phones and you said thats ridiculous, bet you dont feel too smart now huh?

You ever watch Game of Thrones? Well let's say you're Joffrey and I'm the Dwarf, Tyrion...this is where I'd say "One word and I hit you again" after popping you in the mouth after the smug, self satisfied comment you just made.

Humble yourself. Or someone may do it for you.

It's not about distrusting conspiracy theorists or what they claim, it's about distrusting human beings in general. You say this or that happened, or is happening, and I question you. If you get defensive, I get offensive. If you get offensive then we have officially ruined the ability to communicate like two intelligent adults.

As for people not liking what you're saying and dismissing claims that are true, it's because it's thought of as negativity and most people would rather talk about something else. That's all. Years later, after so many scandals and unforgivable truths have come out...what's been done? Nothing. What can be done? What can be done to a government with the most money, nuclear and biological weapons, drones etc?

So a person might dismiss it just because it seems like someone's trying to act "smarter than thou," or maybe they don't want to believe it...who cares? This is YOUR personal interest, not the person who brushes it off and changes the subject to the weather, the kids or how stupid your haircut looks.

And just to set your mind at ease, I've ALWAYS distrusted government. Not long after 9/11 me and my friend were driving back to my place and we just threw it out there that it could be a government false flag. My friend isn't a very serious person but even he said that crossed his mind. Then I started busting his balls because he was a Yankees fan and the Diamondbacks had just beat them in the World Series and that was that. I didn't even discover Loose Change or Alex Jones until 2006, but I was lurking other forums with, shall we say, "unorthodox views."

It's in the presentation, and your presentation sucks. It screams "Look at me, I'm a hero trying to save you all from ___" Shut up...We've heard it all before. When a person stumbles across Conspiracy Theories or actual Conspiracies themselves, they want to tell the world. And it's been going on since Adam met Eve or Big met Bang...whatever. The quote above makes me want to play devil's advocate just for the hell of it, because I'm sure you're foolish enough to honestly get riled up about it.

You're not original. You're not special. You're not better than non-believers. Get over yourself. As far as these 5 claims are concerned, I'll take on the "Tuskegee syphilis experiment." I'll say this is another way to incite blacks to violence against whites and eventually, to their self destruction. It's divide and conquer. Same #, different day.

But is it plausible that our government could have done that? Absolutely. Add them to the 10,000,000 page list of groups of people the US government has #ed over. So what? Again, what are you going to do about it, little bird? "Chirp chirp" with a snotty attitude? Post on the internet about it and act like you're some kind of freedom fighter? There's an acronym for that, it's called LARPing. Live Action Role Playing. You're bored. You're insignificant. You want purpose.

Please, by all means...take this personally. I'd find it hilarious. And as for your "enlightening" people, again. Egotistical trash. Are you out to help people or are you out to make yourself look like a hero who's saving the maiden fair? Because you can do neither. The internet is FULL of conspiracy theories and conspiracies exposed. And what's been done about it? Aside from making 60% of the country more obese and disgusting?

Trolling member wants to troll.

Sorry old chap, having read through that most disjointed and haphazardly constructed argument I have to call fail.

Aww sad face.

Are we projecting a little here? Do you need a hug? There there little fella it will all be ok.

You are of course entitled to your opinion as am I and what I read from your reply is that you're living in a world of denial. and again thats your prerogative.

You ask what we can do to change things? How about for a start not crying on the internet that we CANT change things and start thinking that we can. Its your life and you can do what you want but I dont think you're going to like the destination of the road you're following. And that is MY opinion not fact.

So in closing after that eloquent rant of yours I gathered there was nothing in my OP that you could deny or argue against apart from attacking my character?

Sorry but you dont have the skills to derail this thread with your strawman arguments, Unless you stay on topic I wont be replying to you again. If you want to engage me on the topics I have posted in the OP then by all means we can have an intelligent conversation but I will need you to maintain focus.
edit on 22-6-2014 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
So from this OP we should conclude that conspiracist are smart and debunkers are stupid, so from now on we should all believe in everything Alex Jones and his supporters says without ever questioning it.

A healthy discussion needs two sides to get to the bottom of a conspiracy, to find out if it's real or hoax.
If we all just believe blindly in a conspiracy, we end in a state of "Idiocracy", and of course it goes the other way to.

We all know that governments don't play by the rules all of the time, but that doesn't mean that every conspiracy is true, so therefore the debunkers are needed to separate the # from the facts just as we need the conspiracist to do the same, that is what creates a healthy discussion and in the end we can possibly catch the bad guys.

It's about the facts not the made up crap, It's about finding the errors made not making up errors by wild claims.

There is no need to jab at the debunkers as they are needed as much as the conspiracist, you could IMO have made a great thread, but failed as you are using it to belittle debunkers and making conspiracist in to a master race.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
More alarming than the conspiracies contained within this thread being true, is how many CT's of today will in the next 30-40 years be proven true too?!

Scarily enough, I might just be around long enough to answer my own question, providing something else doesn't get me first..CT realted or otherwise.

With MKUltra being true, wasn't there a branch of this that experimented with time travel or out of phase stuff, or am I getting my CT's in a twist?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
The women in that vid reminded me why I threw my tv out, she's just like those jerks on british tv who ask a question then immediately butt in when the guy tries to answer.

Be interesting to see how this thread goes

So, no different from American anchor people who can't wait civilly for the retort and jump the conversational gun?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Agree in full. Every good story needs two sides; both equal in measure to begin discerning fact from fiction. This thread demonises 'debunkers' and assumes only 'conspiracy theorists' are correct. The fact is you can't make any realistic search for the truth without both. ATS is a melding pot of crackpot conspiratorial nonsense and, while the OP lists some very real conspiracies based in fact all coming to light through investigative journalism and or whistle blowers, no one on this site is either master conspiracist nor debunker. Blogs and the visual pollution of YouTube are two of the most cited sources and too many times members of the site scream 'I am right and you are not because this blog or YouTube clip tells me so' without stopping to think that they are only putting forward someone else's opinion as the so called 'fact'.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I think that the evil in man stems from power and indulgence. A person doesn't necessarily need to actually be better than another to exert control. If people who were actually physically and/or mentally superior were in control we might not have such disparity. I think that we are stuck with invisible leaders and a clear lack of a decent plan that is beneficial to the masses. Maybe it's just a lot of selfishness piled on top?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
My interest in conspiracy is extremely skeptical - to the point where I've been called a shill on here.

However - this thread is why I persist with the field. The simple truth is, conspiracy can and does happen in this world. We must be ready to recognise it, even if it is hard to see the woods for the trees sometimes!

S&F

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
While these are bad crazy things that went on, they are not Conspiracy Theories that are true. Until they were revealed nobody had a running conspiracy about any of those things. They have inspired fututre conspiracy theories but, they themselves never were and in most cases they were investigated and revealed by the very MSM that theeorists claim are in on everything.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
While these are bad crazy things that went on, they are not Conspiracy Theories that are true. Until they were revealed nobody had a running conspiracy about any of those things. They have inspired fututre conspiracy theories but, they themselves never were and in most cases they were investigated and revealed by the very MSM that theeorists claim are in on everything.

And when an ATS 'theorist' goes to work in a spurious thread you can guarantee at some stage they will draw from mainstream media. And almost in the next breath scream 'you can't trust the media, man. It is all part of the machine'. This is truly the strangest form of hypocrisy prevalent on the site.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove

originally posted by: MrSpad

And when an ATS 'theorist' goes to work in a spurious thread you can guarantee at some stage they will draw from mainstream media. And almost in the next breath scream 'you can't trust the media, man. It is all part of the machine'. This is truly the strangest form of hypocrisy prevalent on the site.

So just to clarify are you saying the government can be trusted or not?

Because you either can or you cant trust them.

In regards to the media there is a difference between mainstream and independent. but that is not the focus of this discussion. Mockingbird clearly states that the CIA infiltrated mass media so are you denying the declassified documents?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You misunderstand but as ever on ATS no none reads to comprehend properly.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
More alarming than the conspiracies contained within this thread being true, is how many CT's of today will in the next 30-40 years be proven true too?!

Scarily enough, I might just be around long enough to answer my own question, providing something else doesn't get me first..CT realted or otherwise.

With MKUltra being true, wasn't there a branch of this that experimented with time travel or out of phase stuff, or am I getting my CT's in a twist?

I think the time travel stuff was more Philadelphia experiment and project montaulk. also the stargate programs and the rest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join