It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is “god”?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
To understand God you must go back to your purest form, when you were first born. We are born like a star, bright and open. We take in everything with eyes wide open trying to understand where we are. We laugh when we find things funny and cry when we are scared. As a child the only things we express are our feelings. We love the feel of the soft fuzzy blanket that we are wrapped up in that keeps us warm and content. Slowly opening and closing our eyes before we drift off to sleep. Each experience creates a different expression that changes from day to day.

Each expression is a form of energy that is created by our experiences. As we grow we give off energy by our expressions that change moment to moment. Sometimes we are in love. Other times we are angry. Sometimes we are happy and sad. Each experience gives off different energy not only to ourselves but everything around us. These experiences not only change our expressions but also change our surroundings.

I think the term “stop and smell the roses” is not literally stop and smell a rose, but rather slow down and feel your expressions. Try and feel all your expressions and the expressions around you. What expression are you giving off and what expression are others giving off? Are you in the expression you want to be in?
God is not a book but many books. God is not 1 expression but many expressions. God is not 1 religion but many religions. God does not love 1 thing but many things. If you listen God will say I love you. If you listen you will understand who “god” is. He is many things not just 1.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Supreme Being " God " is 1... You could be 1 with him, and he can back you up 10... But overall, He " being a man" is the number 1 God... ALLAH

edit on JunX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

In my own personal view, minus any religious viewpoint, God is emptiness....That space in between us...the space in between history....the space in between....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
"In the beginning God",, the first mention of God,,
4094 instances of the Word God.
"God shall take away",, the 4094 and last,,mentioning of the Word God.

now fill in the middle.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Sometimes i get the feeling that the stars are just everything on the surface of earth being viewed through a filter of sorts. Like looking up at a picture of the surface of earth. GOS is the one willing to give us all a chance to grow when everything else has turned back to us.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Personally, to me ....God is Omnipresence. I can't agree with any "religion". Religion has confused the masses.

I do not understand why people pick their "Gods" like Allah and Jesus. To me it just makes no sense.

It's an illogical fallacy. Prehistoric man saw the sun rise, the sun was good so they called it God.

The sun of God. The bible has personfied almost everything in the sky.

When it comes down to it, it's all about Ancient Astronomy.

No one truly knows if there is a God.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: faust833 I truely know there is a god but i understand that if one does not know for sure then they assume that everyone is just like them. Like everyone is on the same playing field but that is not the case. However just because i have seen met or just really believe there is no amount of words i can have to defend my claims.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: faust833
no one truely does but i,m hedging my bets on being no such thing.why do i believe that?
cause no one has shown me any proof to convince me other wise,simple as that.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
He lives a couple mountains over .. still waiting on him to return the hedge clippers he borrowed .. and has a wicked sense of humour after a few drinks ..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Religious people always seem to attribute emotions to God, but if God is a truly omnipotent, intelligence that created and controls everything in the entire universe and possibly multiple universes, then I would also assume Him/Her is also very logical. Logic does not have room for fragile Human emotion. God would not care to have a deep emotional bond with Humans because we are emotional and irrational. Simply put, God would be closer to Spock than to Bones or Kirk. A God with the power to create all we know about in the Universe really would not care if you are having a bad day and probably would not spare the resources to help you out when he is busy making trees grow and causing stars to implode into black holes....it simply is not a logical use of energy.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
At one time I used to think that God meant doG or the Egyptian Dog headed God named Anubis:

www.google.com... DYKOyATjhoCoAw&usg=AFQjCNGCA6pNRvj0OVYNRv2YHGmgNm5pjw&sig2=Wt3RQawqxueepOtFPXDI9g

I had this thought because we write in reverse from writing in the Middle East (they write from right to left, in the West we write from right to left). In effect, when we write Dog in the West it would be like writing God in the East. I don't adhere to this idea anymore, however.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
God is,

1. The void, which we are all expressions of.

2. The secret fire burning in us all.

3. The only thing that really exists, ontologically speaking.

4. Love.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
He lives a couple mountains over .. still waiting on him to return the hedge clippers he borrowed .. and has a wicked sense of humour after a few drinks ..

Not only hasn't he returned your hedge clippers, we tried to tell every one he wasn't God or The Messiah.
They won't listen.
That's right Folks, it not Obama!!!!

edit on 21-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Dagnabbit- he borrowed your hedge clippers too!?!? Guess I'm never getting mine back then. Now I'm not sure if I should believe the story that he needed them to make more crop circles because he got such a kick out of the "alien" speculation....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31
a reply to: faust833
no one truely does but i,m hedging my bets on being no such thing.why do i believe that?
cause no one has shown me any proof to convince me other wise,simple as that.

I would say the same thing to you, show me proof that your god is the right god and maybe I'll become a believer.

I've asked believers, time after time to show me proof that god exist but they can't.

So I'll stick to my belief, which is unknown. I was once a catholic, then became an atheist.

So I know the entire spectrum of illegitimate debate. Atheists can't convince me i'm an atheist and believers can't convince me that i'm a believer.

No one knows if god(s) exist.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonyb1968
Religious people always seem to attribute emotions to God, but if God is a truly omnipotent, intelligence that created and controls everything in the entire universe and possibly multiple universes, then I would also assume Him/Her is also very logical. Logic does not have room for fragile Human emotion. God would not care to have a deep emotional bond with Humans because we are emotional and irrational. Simply put, God would be closer to Spock than to Bones or Kirk. A God with the power to create all we know about in the Universe really would not care if you are having a bad day and probably would not spare the resources to help you out when he is busy making trees grow and causing stars to implode into black holes....it simply is not a logical use of energy.
That's not what the Bible says. Not a sparrow is forgotten before God, and "even the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Not to mention John 3:16.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
They used to read backwards a long time ago. I don't know who's dog it is.

What is god should be the question.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonyb1968
...I would also assume Him/Her is also very logical.

Logic is a human construct. We have been given the ability to think, which compounded with any knowledge we've attained, affords us the opportunity to comprehend all that we have discovered. Logic, by definition, is reasoning... A shortcut between thought and comprehension. God is All knowing, therefore can not be considered logical. He knew us before we existed. He created us, knowing what we would become. His plan is playing out exactly as He intended it to, because He already knows how it will end!

Our problem is that we try to apply logic, when we consider God and that is where we err. We will never be able to comprehend Him, while we are in human form. Just as we know not how to reconcile God's Sovereignty with human will. Our current state prohibits us from doing so. Yet, Christ holds the keys...

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Ahh.. that would explain why he was laughing when he walked off after borrowing them .. he'd been going on about circles earlier after a few pints ..

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

What is god should be the question.
WHAT is god, indeed.
The source of all things, yes?
Then if so,God is present in all things
But
God wouldn't live in a far away place like heaven, right?
It would only make sense that what is God is in all things.
Us/you/we are all god only different but no different than a rock or anything else

top topics

<<   2 >>

join