It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who say "Don't want pregnacy?! Don't have sex!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

There is no statement saying i was referring to people would be surprised. I'm saying in general sex doesn't always means in end of pregnancy because it hard to achieve (some woman have difficulty becoming pregnant after a year). It means risk of a action.

(stopping here)

edit on 22-6-2014 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
In the emotionally relationship of two people forging a bond, both physically and mentally, something I'd advice to do before you get pregnant.

Sex is a great way to pleasure your loved one, and develop a connection between the two, strong enough to last a pregnancy, and the first say 7 years of a kid.

So if it doesn't seem to be working out that well. Don't get pregnant.

Another thing.

Sex also works great to relief stress, and I'd advice to have it whenever possible, for a longer and happier life.

Cheers

Sint

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Us guys have to constantly hear "don't want a kid? Keep it in your pants" and we have ZERO control over the pregnancy.

You, on the other hand, have full control of your pregnancy. Sorry, you're not getting any of my sympathies. You aren't entitled to sex, and if you just can't control yourself, then at least use birth control, and condoms. Using both together the chances of getting pregnant are incredibly small.

You know, not everyone goes around banging people all the time. You act as if it's impossible to go through life without sleeping around.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Sorry, but any time you have sex no matter how careful you are can result in pregnancy. Birth control fails, plain and simple. You have to go into every sexual encounter knowing pregnancy could be the result. It is irresponsible to think any other way.

Sex is risky, plain and simple. It would be great if it wasn't but it is. Sex by nature can not be completely casual. You have to take precautions for both pregnancy and STD's unless you are trying to get both.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

[Not sure if trolling ]

Who says a human isn't entitled to sex and who are you to tell people they're not entitled to it? You're not God or anyone father to every woman out there (assuming you're a male).

Also, i never stated i have sex everyday with no morals. I haven't even done it in years with my boyfriend because aka i don't want to be pregnant. It's very clear people should use protection. I even stated that in my main post.

I never said people go around banging people.

Anyways, i'm ending the convo here.
edit on 23-6-2014 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

As can any action you take can lead to consequences and i think you need to read my main post.

I'm not against people should know and be educated about sex but it doesn't change what i'm saying that people shouldn't tell others not to have sex if they don't want to become pregnant because it doesn't work. People will have sex and get abortion or choose to give birth on there own.

Ending convo here with you.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook

What it means is that boys and girls, men and women should be chemically sterilized until such time that they want to have children. Then, their DNA will be evaluated, along with their past medical history, present financial status and report on their emotional and psychological well being. The results will be presented to the prospective parent or parents, along with a recommendation for reproduction. The DNA profile will alert the prospective parent(s) as to the chance of certain traits, diseases or disorders. In these cases where reproduction is permitted, the parent(s) can make the final decision based on this information.

No, I am not a eugenicist, nor a nazi sympathizer (this always gets brought up). I'm simply one who believes if you want to screw like a rabbit and take no personal responsibility for the outcome, then society should be able to tell you when you can reproduce. Why should society raise your child because you can't. Why should you feel you need to kill your unborn child because you can't raise them or don't want to keep your mistake? Why should society have to keep bearing the increasing cost of the poor as a result of children born into poverty?

It's time we started treating how children are brought into this world as important to how we live and leave this world. For those who don't care and just "want to have fun" go right ahead, but just know that your "fun" will not require me to subsidize your unwanted children for the next 18 - 20 years.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
You do realize there is a needle were it stops a women menstrual cycle right? It's called Depo Provera.

Depo Provera Injection: The original Depo Provera formula must be injected into a muscle and is injected into either the buttock or upper arm. You must have a shot 4 times a year (every 11 to 13 weeks) to maintain Depo Provera’s high effectiveness rate, and you are protected from pregnancy immediately after receiving each dose. This option contains 150 mg of medroxyprogesterone acetate.

Depo-subQ Provera 104 Injection: This is the newer version of the original Depo shot. Depo-subQ Provera 104 contains 31 percent less hormone than the original Depo shot (104 mg of medroxyprogesterone acetate). Because it has a lower dose of progestin, it may lead to fewer progestin-related side effects. The subQ stands for subcutaneous, which means this newer shot only has to be injected under the skin (not into a muscle), so it has a smaller needle and may cause less pain. Depo-subQ Provera 104 must be injected into the thigh or abdomen 4 times a year (every 12 to 14 weeks). It also provides immediate pregnancy protection.

I taken this when i was younger (in teens). It stopped my period for a whole year (switch was considered abnormal but oh well). So, basically everything you said can be solved with that bc needle. It's temp. and prevent pregnancy.

-ending convo here-

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
now, i'm unsubscribing to this thread. I'm not interest in this anymore.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
a reply to: seeker1963

"If you aren't that smart, wait awhile until you start having kids."

"If you can't become a master at anything else, become a master at waiting until you are ready-Wrap it up Einstein."

"None of us are made equal, but we can work toward growing up loved- Birth control until you're ready."

"Grew up in a bad household? Use birth control until you make a better life than the one your parents gave you."

I kind of agree with your personal responsibility angle, but what you are saying is problematic:

Dumb people shouldn't have kids?

You shouldn't have kids until you have 'a good life' ?

So, if I'm dumb and I have a crappy life I should not reproduce? This is getting dangerously close to the eugenics practiced in the US and most of Europe during the early half of the 20th century. Castrating poor people and the mentally ill, etc.

I agree with what you are saying to some point, but reproduction is one of the most fundamental things in any humans life. If we are to start controlling it as a democracy we better have damn good arguments.

I mean, to tell some one, you shouldn't reproduce, it's drastic.

Edit: In theory I believe that mankind would benefit if certain people where prevented from reproduction. But are we willing to make that call? Who should reproduce? Who should make the call? It's a tall order to make such a decision.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Subnatural because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Subnatural

Eventually, that call will be made. Society can't continue in its present form without responsible reproduction.

Look around....we need to take drastic measures!

I'm not advocating "dumb" people shouldn't have kids. But, I think someone ought to be financially, emotionally and mentally able to raise a child, and that the child is wanted in the first place. And, yes, I question the kind of society that will end up making these rules. For example, will democrats only allow like-minded folks to reproduce?

I see both sides to this argument, but I think that something is needed to prevent folks, and many in poverty, to keep going on having babies so they can live off of the welfare state. How is this fair? And it might seem wrong to think that way, but if we had some sort of reproduction restrictions on individuals in this situation, we might be able to reduce or eliminate the poverty burden in a couple of generations.
edit on 23-6-2014 by Freenrgy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Nice rant but in a way the saying true esp if you don't 'use protection.

If you don't use protection while having sex and say you don't want kids then you are a complete idiot. If you don't want kids USE protection otherwise your chances of having them goes up if you continue to have sex without any kind of protection or BC.

Sure no sex is the best way to guard against unwanted pregnancy but for the majority that just isn't going to happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Eugenics was based on having only what society deemed the best genetic makeup reproducing.

Nothing in any of the above are forcing people to do anything, this has no favor of any genetic background. It is simply telling people to plan ahead. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If you're not that smart or if you come from a bad background, take your time and plan ahead. Wait awhile before having children. Use the tools available to wait.

And yes, you should wait until you can provide for children before having them. That's common sense and prevents people from living off the state because they are unable to take care of themselves and their children.

If you cannot pay rent or even feed yourself you should not be having children until you are in a better position to do those things. We have multiple forms of birth control that are available out there, some very cheap (like condoms). There's no excuse beside ill planning and self control for not being prepared. In the case that a condom breaks there's now even over the counter emergency contraceptives that cost under 50 dollars(much cheaper than 18 years of childcare).

One of the most basic things besides reproduction is the ability to take care of your offspring once they are in this world. If you are unable to meet that very basic requirement, you shouldn't be having them. Food, clothes, shelter, and emotional development are basic needs children have that need to be met.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Don't want a car accident? Then stop driving! Uh... no. I don't want a car accident and yet I'll keep on driving. Oh, and some people like to drive cars just for fun and no other reason. I wonder if that's some sort of big no-no since they could have an accident and die.

And yet, with driving, there is no very extreme instinct to drive resulting in a very constant and extreme distracted feeling if the urges are not filled. Yet even then I say go ahead and drive.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Some things come with greater risks than others. Some things are logical risks. Statistically speaking the risks are low and doesn't make sense to avoid due to the small risk. Taking a shower despite the fact people can fall in the shower comes to mind. Other risks are just plain dumb. Swimming in a pool of piranhas, jumping out of an airplane with out a parachute...

Jumping out of a plane with a parachute and the knowledge of how it works is still risky, but significantly smarter than jumping with out one. If you don't have a parachute and know how to use it, don't jump.

So yes, I am saying if you don't know what you are doing and aren't taking measures to protect yourself, don't do it.

I long for the day when it becomes a social taboo to be irresponsible when it comes to sex. We went from one extreme to another. It is time society found a middle ground.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
People can have all the sex they want. Just don't expect even a cent of my lifetime earnings to go towards something you could avoid.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I am asexual .

Don't want pregnacy?! Don't have sex!

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

If you're not that smart or if you come from a bad background, take your time and plan ahead. Wait awhile before having children. Use the tools available to wait.

And yes, you should wait until you can provide for children before having them. That's common sense and prevents people from living off the state because they are unable to take care of themselves and their children.

If you cannot pay rent or even feed yourself you should not be having children until you are in a better position to do those things. We have multiple forms of birth control that are available out there, some very cheap (like condoms). There's no excuse beside ill planning and self control for not being prepared. In the case that a condom breaks there's now even over the counter emergency contraceptives that cost under 50 dollars(much cheaper than 18 years of childcare).

But that's the problem....many of these people don't use condoms or other forms of birth control. And despite increased efforts to educate the public, tens of thousands of unplanned pregnancies occur each year.

Yes, we need to educate, but we also need something to help control reproduction until individuals are willing and able to raise a child.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I would be interested in having kids, but I don't understand why anyone wouldn't rather hold off until we figure out how to create a better world to bring children into first. A logical start to a better world would be figuring out this whole, food - air - water deal first and then go from there.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

It's a choice, life is a constant barrage of choices. You can sexually satisfy yourself. if you are not ready for the responsibility of a child, don't have sex, because that is the outcome of sex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join