It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who say "Don't want pregnacy?! Don't have sex!"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Awesome PSAs! I can see some organization coming up with great ads to go with these... I'm serious!

Learning about birth-control is basic education. Learning about it, and about making good choices for your health, life, well-being, relationships and future is something adults and kids alike struggle with - and they are the qualities that can make or break your life.

Teaching sex education and responsibility for one's body and life and the lives of potential offspring is foundational - if your ideal is "no sex outside of marriage" then fine, make that choice, but don't be willfully ignorant, or allow your kids to walk into a situation without the tools to make good choices for themselves.

Due to our prudishness as a culture on one side and the opposite (gotta love duality) free-for-all promoted in the movies/media/music industries on the other side in order to sell stuff, we have allow extremely unhealthy attitudes to prevail. Our culture feels really out of balance to me. I would like to see us grow past this immaturity - what if there were no sexual repression to rebel against? What if it were all frankly up-front and honest and about one's whole health and well-being and that of other's as well? What if it was about respect for self and others? That's what I want to teach my son...Wish me luck.

*sigh*

- AB

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sex is nothing more than the reproductive act we all want and need to continue our kind.The very act of sex is nothing more than baby making, so if you don't want a baby then don't have sex.

You know it's sad when people have very little too do with their time when all they want is sex, yet not the eventual outcome.It's tacky beyond belief.

As soon as you feel like having sex, it's your bodies way of saying 'reproduce'.
Sex without pregnancy contradicts the urge and therefore is unhealthy(mentally and physically).Look at the world today and see how backward people's views on sex are and it's all because of sex becoming a novelty.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Absolutely. Just one more bully trying to stomp on normal humans and telling them its all your fault Im stealing everything you have, you deserve this, you could have lived under a rock and turned off all your normal human senses instead, so you are trash. I am doing this to you because its your fault.

No, people are wonderful!

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Viking9019

Hmmm...cats go into heat. Humans don't, they function beyond child bearing? Nature/God wrong?

OR is your view from a religious box?

A program?

Nature and personal understanding, growth, happiness, versus the saturn, control programs?

Wonder which side the real Creator who is only Love, is on?

Everyone is entitled to form believes but superimposing those on others who find that alien and harmful even, is a completely different matter.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook I bet if it were an eye for an eye then everyone would think before they inpregnate. I mean you kill a baby in the womb then you die. That would do the trick. Raise that rascal you fools.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There is no common sense telling people they can't have sex or shouldn't because people don't listen to it. It logical if you want completely 100% safe from pregnancy by not having sex but it doesn't stop anything from happening.

Don't want a arm broken or injure yourself? Don't go to work.
Don't want to get drugged from a date? Don't go on dates.
Don't want injury/death by car? Don't get in a car or walk near roads.

People can't live like that. We all know any potential risk of any actions taken. It shouldn't mean we should not do it simply because we know what might happen.

Also, implying "if you're to stupid then you shouldn't have sex" ect.. will have any effect on stupid people is not valid. Stupid people will always make the bad choices. I rather have a stupid person abort then raise a child but they are just going to make dumb choices, regardless what i think. Easier said then done.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainHook
a reply to: FlyersFan

Don't want a arm broken or injure yourself? Don't go to work.
Don't want to get drugged from a date? Don't go on dates.
Don't want injury/death by car? Don't get in a car or walk near roads.
That logic is flawed.
People don't accidentally have sex then get pregnant.
Those are horrible examples

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am in no way anti-birth control, but it irritates me to no end to hear people advocate for abortion after making all the arguments that sex is a normal thing and people will do it anyway so they better do it "safe."

BS.

There is no such thing as "safe" sex. There is no form of birth control short of full sterilization that will be 100%. I am all for people using birth control if they don't want to get pregnant, but I am also 100% for teaching them that the only way to 100% not get pregnant is to not have sex to begin with; it's just the harsh biological truth.

If you aren't willing to deal responsibly with all the possible consequences of a role in the hay, including pregnancy, then you shouldn't be rolling in the hay to begin with.

I don't see why we don't treat smoking and drugs and alcohol the same way as sex. They're going to smoke, get high and get drunk anyway, so we might as well make cigarettes, drugs and beer available at every school and health clinic. Why bother to expect people to learn some control over their urges?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Viking9019

Not really. Human invent in such a way where we now don't have sex for the purposes of child bearing. Now we have sex for purposes of pleasure, bonding, and child bearing. Even some animals have oral sex because they enjoy it the pleasure out of it.

Humans created many things that's against the code of nature. We aren't suppose to be on our butts all day. We weren't design to eat modified food, to drive cars ect... Human beings created stuff there own. So, you can't pull the "sex is for purposes of reproduction" because human beings are pass that code.

I'm not continuing this.
edit on 22-6-2014 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

No, it's not.

Pregnancy can be accidental consequence of a action. Just like STI can be accidental. If a person has no intention of getting pregnant. Then protection is key to lower the risk. Also, having sex without protection doesn't mean it will end in pregnancy but the risk is still there.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Any actions you take isn't 100% Any action can lead to consequences.

Getting in a car= Possibility of injury/death
Walking outside=Injury or death
Having sex=possibility of STI and pregnancy.

There is no such thing as 100% safe mode when you do a action. You're not guaranteed 100% safe by not having sex. You can get raped and become pregnant. There is always a possibility.

A person can't live there life like that because of any potential possibilities.

Not having sex to not get pregnant is best method but it certainly doesn't mean a person shouldn't or not allowed to have sex nor does it mean it's any form of legal or contract for another human to use their bodies.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainHook
How are sex and pregnancy in any way the same as the examples you gave, other than generalized cause and effect?
Sex is how pregnancy is achieved aside from medical intervention.

Going to work and getting injured is an accident.
Getting drugged on a date is not consenting.
Getting injured or killed by a car, unless its suicide, the last time i checked isn't something people go around wanting.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Pregnancy came from a action. It doesn't magically appear after sex every time. You can have unprotected sex and never become pregnant. It's just a higher risk. A women can have unprotected sex for a whole year and not be pregnant. Pregnancy is actually quite hard to achieve.

Pregnancy is a consequence of action.

People with no intention of pregnancy but have sex (with protection)= not seeking pregnancy or have intentional to become pregnant.

Getting a cold and example i given is achieved by actions that were taken that caused the situation. It's not hard to understand.

The only difference is pregnancy is a natural consequence of sex.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The only difference is pregnancy is a natural consequence of sex.

That sentence is why those examples are horrible.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

no, it's not because it's still caused by a action. Whether it's a natural form of a consequence or not. It's still the same. It's still a cause from a action that is unwanted.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Ah, humans may think they're past it, but they aren't. It doesn't matter what we want to be true, our bodies and biology know differently. Culturally, we may have sex for all those different reasons, but each once carries with it the chance that our biology will win out and we will wind up having sex for our basic biological imperative no matter what we intended to begin with, and since we are smart enough to know this and truly understand it, our cultural practices surrounding sex and its consequences ought to reflect it.

Or to quote "Life finds a way." We still do not control mother nature completely. She can find ways to b**** slap when we least expect it, and don't you forget it.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If that's the case then "don"t get out of bed because you might die" would be a perfect example, which it isn't.
Only someone with a mental deficiency would have unprotected sex then be surprised when a pregnancy occurred.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

no, it's not because it's still caused by a action. Whether it's a natural form of a consequence or not. It's still the same. It's still a cause from a action that is unwanted.

Except that anyone who isn't dumber than a box of rocks knows that pregnancy is a likely outcome of sex, and the only reason we are capable of having sex. If we suddenly evolved to reproduce in some way other than sexually, our bodies would also evolve away from being able to have sex. It is a biologically expensive thing to maintain and we wouldn't maintain it just so people would have something to do if they got drunk and bored on Friday nights.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Were aren't biology design to eat modified food (sugar, candy, soda ect..) but we still do it. Our biology way is to hunt animals and life in a group like cimpanzee.

So, yes we are by pass that code. We even can sterile ourselves and have babies without sex. We can now decide most thing that happen to us. Cancer, injury, health, ect... We have control on what we can do.

Pregnancy is something we can do through abortion, or plan b. Is just one of those things we can. You can't have the "nature and biology" excuse to force any woman to become pregnant. We are far beyond that now.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Knowledge=/=consent
Knowledge=/=mean for mean not to have sex

Natural consquence=/= no means by woman can't do something about it.

(ending here)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join