It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My gosh. what is going on here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I will start this off by saying I voted for the man in 2008 but not 2012. The things i woud like to rant about are just to numerous to list i almost feel over whelmed with it all gosh. It does noes not feel like it did when i was growing up in our country it just doesn't. in 2008 i was swept up by it all he did seem liek a person who could maybe change washington but almost as soon as he got there he started letting me down by allowing lobbyists to meet with his staff in the white house and that was just the frist thing that got my attention, take his general weakness bowing to other world leaders you can see the pictures of him doing it on the net, or his telepromter failing and then him sounded like a baffoon because his speech isnt working, i must admit he hoodwinked me in 2008 but not 2012. i really do fear for the furutre of my newborn child, what kinda of America will he grow up in, most liely not the one i did and this sadens me. Our prez is a weak and vacillating man who cant seem to make a decision to save his life. and this IRS thing nixons 2nd article of impeachment was his abuse of the IRS now im not sure but losing 7 hardrives and 2 years of emails form the prople under investigating small like a huge load of bullcrap to me. i dont know im just rambling now, i just needed to write this down somewhere because my wife is taking a nap and she hates it when i talk politics alot, it all justs seem to be wearing me down and the future just doesnt look as bright as it did a few years ago and that makes me wonder about how many other average people like me feel this way, and just wtf are we going to do about it?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

I understand how you feel Czulkang. I'm 63 years old, this is NOT the America I grew up in. I see a whole generation of young children growing up never knowing the stress free life I did. It makes me very sad.

The best we can hope for at this point, in my opinion. Is to get off our butts and vote the career incumbent politicians out of office. The small group of self serving group we have running Washington, and our lives right now. Don't give a crap about us.

They will continue to take whatever they want from us, to further their own personal agendas of bloating themselves on power and money.

Congratulations on your new Baby...

Des

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Czulkang

We as citizens are fighting a huge political machine, one that plays dirty tricks with decades of practice. Your IRS comments are evidence of that. The two things you can do as a citizen, one you are doing now talking with your fellow citizens about the problems in our government and becoming a more educated person on the policies and the politics of this country. The second and most important is to vote, it's the single chink in their armor. Think about how scared they were of the tea party to have done what they did with the IRS. They ruined the ability of the tea party to gather money through donations, by not granting them 501 C4 status. This is where we will get them. Paying attention, talking, learning, and voting. Bring your concerns up to family and friends, do it without and emotion just logic and we can defeat these knuckleheads. We just have to get it together. Vote, it is our best weapon.

You are the best kind of citizen, you are involved in your country and it's future.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkang
wtf are we going to do about it?

Humanity is fubar. Crack a beer, think happy thoughts, and hope for an end to this sideshow.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Don't be voting, it just frustrates you anyway. If your candidate doesn't get elected, you get frustrated. If your candidate gets elected, he/she will piss you off after a while anyway by doing something stupid or being possessed by the demons living in DC (Demon Country)

We should be paying attention to the writing on the wall. They give us hints to see if we can tell what is really there.
In this case...initials
edit on 21-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

It does noes not feel like it did when i was growing up in our country it just doesn't.

I understand how you feel Czulkang. I'm 63 years old, this is NOT the America I grew up in. I see a whole generation of young children growing up never knowing the stress free life I did. It makes me very sad.

It's never the same as you remember it. You can never go home again. Every successive generation will say, "it's not like when I was growing up," because it's not. Some of it is the changes in society and some of it is the changes in your own perspective and the effects of nostalgia.

Some years ago, I returned to my hometown in Georgia after having been away for maybe seven years. My brother picked us up at the airport and I asked him to drive through town on the way to my parent's house — partly because I had an intense urge to gorge myself on barbecue and brunswick stew, but also because I wanted to show my wife around my old stomping grounds.

I was shocked. After I'd moved away, the county had experienced a drastic influx of new residents and with them came the massive housing developments, shopping centers, restaurants, convenience stores, pharmacies, churches, etc. The small town I'd come from had ceased to exist in anything but memory. Even my high school had completely changed in that relatively short span of time. The football stadium I'd played in on Friday nights had been redone and renamed, a new field house stood in place of the old familiar one and almost nothing about anything seemed familiar.

We drove out into the sticks, what they call "pine barrens" around here, to my parent's house which thankfully looked much the same as I remembered. I hadn't seen my parents in probably 4 years, since my grandmother's funeral, and I remember thinking how much older they looked than in my mind's eye. It was during this trip that it really sunk in for me, the truth in the saying... you can never go home again.
edit on 2014-6-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Don't be voting, it just frustrates you anyway. If your candidate doesn't get elected, you get frustrated. If your candidate gets elected, he/she will piss you off after a while anyway by doing something stupid or being possessed by the demons living in DC (Demon Country)

We should be paying attention to the writing on the wall. They give us hints to see if we can tell what is really there.
In this case...initials

Ok Ricky if you're not going to vote then pass the ammo, cause there isn't anything left, but pissing and moaning. Hand me a box of that 308 I am ready.

new topics

top topics

join