It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to open immigrant family detention centers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This burns me up on several points.
1. I guess we know what they are going to call the FEMA camps now.
2. I love how we have all this cash to pump into other countries to help their citizens and yet we have tent cities and are passing laws making it Illegal to be homeless?
news.yahoo.com...
edit on 6/21/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Maybe edit title so it is not a link?
Like edit it to the title of the link

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I don't think this is anything new.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well; It's probably due to congress being basically gridlocked when it comes to domestic issues concerning american citizens.

They can agree for the most part on financing military ventures.
they can agree on having immigrant detention centers.
they can agree on aid to our allies in the developing world (gotta secure access to those markets).

However they cannot come to a proper conclusion on any sort of domestic policy without passing legislation that is overly compromized..

partisan politics between an apathetic "Republican Lite" Democratic party, and a GOP that seems quite frankly to be full of people who make nixon and eisenhower look like hippies.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

You know... I remember a couple of years ago reading or seeing an "official" explanation of the so called FEMA camps and it had something to do with illegal immigrants. If I remember correctly it was to house a large influx of illegals. I want to say that it was on the Conspiracy Theory show about FEMA camps, you know, the one that they took off of the air. If that is true, then this situation is obviously manufactured, although I think that goes without saying anyway. With all of this going on, pay close attention to what the other hand is doing. This is all just one big distraction for something. For example... how many "Islamic Extremists" could sneak across the border with all of this going on? I have a bad feeling that something real big and real bad is about to happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I've been saying for a long time, if we can't care for our own, how can we care for others? More importantly, how can we place a foreigner's needs before our own citizens??

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

I totally agree with you Optimus on something big is about to go down here.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sorry didn't catch it in time,won't let me edit now. Maybe mods could fix please?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The question is that if these fema camps were used to round up illegal aliens, realistically, how many people in the United States would protest this? It would seem that there would only be a small minority of people that would protest this, we hear all if the time that people are calling their representatives and telling them to vote against amnesty. We see all the time on Facebook and other forums, including here that all illegals should be deported from the U.S. , there are even people calling for the deportation of all non U.S. citizens, we hear talk about about removing the anchor babies. The only time we hear about how most Americans want amnesty for illegals is from the corrupt administration or from news sources that have their noses shoved up the but of the administration. And these are the news sources, the mainstream media that here on ATS it is said that they can't be trusted.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

They are in fema camps for now. They are trying desperately to find places to put these people. They have put them on busses and just dropped them off in different States with no, or little warning, and these States don't know what to do with them. We can't even take care of our own, how are we expected to take in more illegals? The numbers climb each year and there is no end in sight. Who will care for these people?

Many of them say they are coming because in their news it said if they come now, they would be taken care of and would not be deported. They are waiting for amnesty. Many of these people are not children. There are women, children, men and teenagers that are of working age. We have millions of un-employed citizens. We have people in tent cities or living on the streets. We have poor and hungry citizens that do not get the news coverage that illegals get.

We have so many illegals in cheap housing while our citizens are on a list and have to wait years.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If my homeland could only offer poverty, prostitution, or a gang affiliation for my kid I would head to the border too. Although we clearly can't accommodate I wonder why we don't just send some troops down to take care of things once and for all. Or provide weapons and training to help these people take back their cities. I know it isn't an ideal solution to see more violence but Is there a reason this isn't on the table?

We offer other Countries political and economic restructuring support. We help them with thugs. This is our neighbor and if not for humanitarian reasons I think there could be some good economic reasons to see our brother to the South prosper. I just don't get it. A failure to help can't only be about oil.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Dianec because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Being realistic about this, these camps can't just sit empty. They cost money to build and someone wants their pay off for doing this. Therefore someone has to sit in them to give a viable reason for their being there at all. Everything I'm hearing so far is that letting these illegals in was done on purpose.

Just like our prisons are privatized so there is profit to be made from them, these FEMA camps must be kept full to justify them. When they get done processing these people through them,who goes in next? And at what cost to US citizens?

Dianec says:"We offer other Countries political and economic restructuring support. We help them with thugs. " The problem is we did that with Iraq and Libya and look at the mess those countries are in now. I really don't think our neighbors to the south want that kind of help. Putin made Bush look like a fool when he tried to offer our brand of 'democracy' to Russia over that very type of thing.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

I wonder why we don't just send some troops down to take care of things once and for all. Or provide weapons and training to help these people take back their cities.

Great idea!!! We can't take care of our own homeless and hungry, we have no business taking in illegals. All these people they are bussing all over the US, the States are highly upset because they can't afford to care for these people.

new topics

top topics

join