It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe all animals can think.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
the case for mind powers #27

somehow the neighbors cat manages to scam me out of the good chair about 2-3 nights a week..

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My dog is very manuiplative, he tells me take him for a walk, when to play him, and always stands by the fridge waiting for his hot dog treat. Now, he has trained the cat to do the same thing. Little beggers.

edit on 22-6-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yep. We had two cats in our household--one was completely adoring of me, the other was a Siamese mix for which no one else existed but my eldest. When my cat passed away abruptly and I'd start turning into a big well of sorrow, my son's cat would show up, looking at me inquisitively and even cuddling with me. She had never done that before in her 7 years of life. It happened every time and got to the point where I noted the sounds of her beating open my son's door til it opened before strolling in to check on me. This cat had never allowed me to hold her, never cuddled with me, and pretty much stayed completely out of my room in her prior 7 years. After the loss of my cat, she became my chief comforter. Once the grieving lessened, she went back to normal but if something has me really sad? Into my room she comes to check on me while our new cat comes along too. It's not that they hear me crying either as I so very rarely cry. I swear to god they just feel it somehow.

Is it telepathy? I'm not so sure. Cats use all their senses to communicate and, being that their senses are far more attuned then ours, it could simply seem like telepathy. Who is to say that when I went into grief mode that the odor that I was producing altered to an extent that gained the cats' notice (pheromone change)? Or is it an alteration of an electromagnetic field? I'm tending towards the former.

One thing I do know is that mood does transmit. I have seen that innumerable times amongst multiple species. I am, for lack of a better term, a bee charmer and have been since my youth. I can pick up bees and wasps in my hand without getting stung or bit. In order to do this, I have to consciously force myself into a state of relaxation. I was rescuing a wasp once from a store and the more people who noticed, the more agitated I got. The more agitated I got, the more agitated the wasp became. It was stark but the moment I clamped down on all of my feelings, the wasp relaxed and started preening itself. Blew those who noticed it away. What makes me a "bee charmer" isn't some gift--it's just my having learned early on that whatever vibe I'm putting out gets transmitted. I personally think that anyone that can override their fears and anxieties can do this.

Bees and wasps also use pheromones to communicate just like cats do. We, people, are working with comparably diminished and underused faculties. The antennae on many of these creatures are used in similar ways as additional noses, tongues, and fingers. The fact that they're literally tasting and smelling the air in a grander way, to me, points towards the root of this kind of phenomena as being pheromone based.

PS. And yes, animals can think. They have brains and they aren't dumb. It's how they learn just like we do.

edit on 22/6/14 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: guidetube

Your cat is reading your thoughts through your actions not your "thoughts". Try go out the room and talk to him.

I care for a wild kitty. She wants me to pet her but only if I sit and don't move, if I stand up she runs away. Well she stays in a bed on my back porch by the window sleeping. If I don't feel like petting her and I want to sit outside, I have tried and tried to sneak out the front door.

She can't see the front door even if she looked up and through the back window and I have left the door open even so I don't have to open it or close it, but no matter what I do, tiptoe with no shoes, the second I sit down in a chair in the front yard THERE she IS! HOW does she do it! This has been going on for a year!

Pet, scratch, pet, scratch...mmmm :-(

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: derfreebie

The reason we may get old is because we wear shoes. Our feet can't breath in there and we build up callus on our feet because we do not sand them off walking on the sand and pebbles. There are some lymph drains on the bottom of our feet that excrete toxins. If the callus get thick, they can't get out and get left in our legs if they are heavy. Medical science knows this, they have special equipment and solutions to pull toxins out of your feet in extreme cases. But this info is hard to find. Especially here in America. But it is a treatment.

People need to walk barefoot on the beach. if the water is not polluted that is. Walking barefoot in the park is not advisable, they might have all kinds of chemicals on the grass nowadays. I think they want us sick.

When you go without shoes the whole foot becomes calloused and solid as leather.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

PS. And yes, animals can think. They have brains and they aren't dumb. It's how they learn just like we do.

Insects think also, just watch a fly if you pick up a swatter.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

Insects think also, just watch a fly if you pick up a swatter.

Spiders as well in their own psychopathic killer way. Have you ever looked into the eyes of a spider? Holy cow, they rock the crazy eyes.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I tend to think ...that animals do too.

It seems it is a matter of degree... in that the average pure bred doggie at it's best can be compared to me the morning after a bender before my coffee.

I believe we all have that same, weird "something" that looks out of eyes... some have a huge bonfire and some have a feeble spark... but it's the same basic thing we call "intelligence."

ETA I was listening to a lecture by Colin Wilson where he talks about the "robot" in us all that drives, types, walks... does all the stuff as our "autopilot," while dogs, for instance, don't have that robot... in that every second is intense and new... like a human child perceives the world.

The fact we have hidden sides of our consciousness is odd, too, if one really thinks about it... we all seem to have several intelligences compartmentalized in our heads... though animals seem to just have one.... maybe?
edit on 6/22/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I have read a lot of articles on the electrical signals that plants and animals put out. Many scientific articles. The articles hint at electrical energy signals, but that would go against consensus of the day so they just conclude.....it needs more studies. Since the exact mechanism of how it works is not known, nobody wants to say it is happening because it could ruin their career if they cannot show why it is true.

So since science cannot yet figure it out, they cannot say it is even probable that there is some sort of communication. That by no way says that it is not true. It only states that it is not yet known. Yet people deny it is happening, thinking lack of evidence or lack of known ways proves it is not happening. It will take more technology than we have available at the time to find this link, this possible communication method. I am smart enough to know that lack of proof in this case does not mean it does not occur. The research I looked at does not say it cannot occur. That is proof enough for me that it is possible. I won't say it is definitely happening either in all cases. Half of the stuff is made up but I think half is not.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I walk barefoot most of the time at home now, the calusts are coming off and the feeling in my feet is coming back. Still got some discoloration from taking meds a while back, but according to the medical research I read,, that is now permanent. Some kind of trombosis Erythro something. It is fairly common with people who take certain meds for a long time, meds that mess with the liver function.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: r4inmaker

Their brains are not powerful enough to achieve consciousness so no they can't think on their own. They have awareness that's it. A dog or a cat never asks itself or "thinks" why is the sky blue.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I walk barefoot most of the time at home now, the calusts are coming off and the feeling in my feet is coming back. Still got some discoloration from taking meds a while back, but according to the medical research I read,, that is now permanent. Some kind of trombosis Erythro something. It is fairly common with people who take certain meds for a long time, meds that mess with the liver function.

Watch out for Statins, in some people they inhibit a liver enzyme that's needed for muscle development. If you get muscle pain in the upper back that seems to wonder about a bit. Stop taking them, and it will be about three weeks before the pain goes. A significant proportion of long term statin users develop diabetes. and 50% of users start to get cataracts within a couple of years.

If showing signs of sugar in the urine, and you use honey, stop using it, its worse than pure sugar. If you have breathing difficulty and poor blood circulation, start taking Cayenne pepper build it up slowly. It opens up all the little arterioles and strengthens the heart. Its effect is immediate, I've heard people that start taking it come off of oxygen. Just thought I'd mention it as I know them to be personally effective.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree and I do think that there is yet another layer of communication that goes on in the world. How else do cats and dogs know when their owners are coming home even against schedule? The way I see it is that the nervous system and brain of most mammals (uncertain of other critters) is a combination of chemical and electrical with that electrical component being of interest. The brain is like a radio doused in chemicals and the fact that it is like a radio could have some interesting considerations. I'm not a neuroscientist but I still think it could explain some of the odds quirks that come up now and then.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Well check this out. This will change anyone's mind:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I would also like to add how animals in earthquake prone areas (i.e. Sumatra) can sense danger and climb to safety before that quake or tsunami hits.
Hmmm?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I won't take statins. I know too much about them. I don't worry about cholesterol levels much, I would rather get the body to use the LDL than to alter the concentrations the way they are doing it. I'm trying to figure out how to fix the problem, not treat the symptoms. The cell function is being blocked and the LDL is not doing what it is supposed to be doing. The right way to address this is to get the cells to respond correctly, not block the LDL from being created. I feel that excess glutamates of a specific type are contributing to this problem. Methylation may not be occurring properly. This might block a cycle. There are a few deficiencies that can contribute to this. But it is too early for me to comment on this, I need to study the subject more.

There are people that know exactly what the problem is but it is more profitable to get people on long term meds. I am thinking that this targets people of European decent. The genetic reduction of an enzyme seems to be a European epigenetic trait. They apparently want all the wealth of those with European genetics it appears.

The main cause is some changes in food chemistry. People who are avoiding gluten while consuming the chemistry are having luck at stopping this, but it really is not gluten, it is that we are consuming lots of similar chemistry in our new fad diet changes. Removing gluten is lowering the amount of glutamines consumed though. It does work.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Are you saying that a cats hair is antannae for telepathy?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

As a child I never wore shoes except to school and all the way through teens myself and sisters went bare foot, our feet could withstand broken glass, did not feel the heat of hot pavement, of course being barefooted at home would be quite a different thing.

I have never worn shoes at home, I am glad your feet are doing better.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Attack you?!

You must not be being cool with him..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: r4inmaker
By telephaty. We need to be stronger to be friends with them. I realized this with my cat. Seriously =) He just knows when to attack me; but I can stop him with telephaty. "Strong Belief" I am talking about.

By telepathy?

Do you mean You believe animals can communicate with each other and us telepathically?

I believe the same if thats what you are saying.

Having animals most of my life, (dogs mostly) I have to say I hear them talk to me even though at times I call myself quite delusional for doing so because they are simply voices in my head but I choose to believe its my dogs voice.

I do the same with people at times when there is that quite moment and many times when the silence is broken the one that speaks says something the other was thinking, well both were thinking of it but one said it and the other re[plies with I was just about say that or you took the words right out of my mouth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join