It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me how to search for threads about any particular subject topic here on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Please tell me how to search for threads about any particular subject topic here on ATS.

I can not find the "Above Top Secret" subject search engine, if there is one.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Top right hand there is a row of symbols, with a blue dove, facebook symbol, youtube, etc, and the last one is a green magnifying glass. Click on that and type something in.
edit on 21-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: trader21

Go onto the particular forum and there's a list of all the threads there.
You can arrange them by most flagged, starred and replies.
Otherwise theres a search function top right of this page, its the circle with the line coming out diagonally

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
id recomend using google to search ats rather than the ats search engine.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

Agreed

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

As per the last two posts, I always use google and start the search with ATS .......

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

That's a very good tip.. As a member for 3+ years now I've always used the ATS search tool which is absolutely horrible (no offense ATS, you can't be excellent at everything
), but using Google for ATS searches sounds like a great plan when searching for older threads that have been archived away.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

That's definitely the best way to search as the ATS search function isn't great.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thank you for your help. I got it to work now.

But, how do you search using Google or another search engine, for making a search request within just one particular web site only, and not to search the whole web ?
edit on 21-6-2014 by trader21 because: add word But

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: trader21
Thank you for your help. I got it to work now.

But, how do you search using Google or another search engine, for making a search request within just one particular web site only, and not to search the whole web ?

I would type in the story you are searching, ie, "Dulce Base" then "above top secret"...

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: trader21

On Google, use something like:
trader21 site:abovetopsecret.com

That will limit the search to the partial URL you provide.

If you want to search inside a specific thread (good for long threads) you can add the whole thread URL, like:
trader21 site:abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread567266

Apparently, Bing and Yahoo also accept the "site:" parameter, but Bing doesn't find any results inside a thread and Yahoo ignores the thread ID and shows all the results for the base URL.

I hope that helps.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Here is a link to the old and MUCH better search engine. The new one is horrible. I can never find threads that I know exist even with key words or even typing out my own recipe titles! I used google until a member gave me a link to the old one. I wish they'd go back to it.

I keep this permanently on my toolbar

ATS Search
edit on 6/22/2014 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

top topics

join