It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS: Formally Requests 1,000 National Guard Troops ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

This if that person is coming on private property. The federal government would have to have the law to make it right for that tactic to be used at the border, which it does not.
And I don't live in texas but I bet that law gets misquoted
Quick net search seems to bring it all back to the castle doctrine and it is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.
You will still face the full legal system for doing it, it will not just be brushed under the rug, even in texas.
It deals more with if the person is actually threatening you or burglarizing your home, not just the act of coming on your property
So, that is not a good example either.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80 I edited but here it is again.

Texas Penal Code Chapter 9 Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.
Yeah, it deals with only entering a persons property also.

Deadly force is section 9.42 and states the same

edit on 6/21/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/21/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Would that have been Reagan?

How's that ?

Since the guy grew the US military up during his terms only for the next guy to GUT it.

He was the one who basically started all this amnesty BS.

He did ?

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), Pub.L. 99–603, 100 Stat. 3445, enacted November 6, 1986, also known as the Simpson-Mazzoli Act, is an Act of Congress which reformed United States immigration law. The act

Romano L. Mazzoli was a Democratic representative from Kentucky and Alan K. Simpson was a Republican senator from Wyoming who chaired their respective immigration subcommittees in Congress

en.wikipedia.org...

REAGAN STARTED IT !

LOOL.

Ok care to explain the other 6 ?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Since when does trespassing carry a death sentence in the united states?

If you sneak in to my house unannounced and start taking things that don't belong to you then you can rest assured that I will be ventilating your chest.

Quick net search seems to bring it all back to the castle doctrine and it is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.
You will still face the full legal system for doing it, it will not just be brushed under the rug, even in texas.

That isn't true too. You'll only deal with the full legal system if the prosecutor feels like it. Sort of like how Holder only prosecutes when he feels like it.

edit on 21-6-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Having read the article, and the postings the following can be stated:

The first thing is that this is a smart move on the part of Gov. Perry. And here is the reason why:

Take a look at all of the problems and scandals that have been plaguing this administration from day one. And it seems like the President is always in the dark about the major issues of the day. Never seeming to know the facts or about anything, even outright lying to the citizens of the country.

By asking and wanting the President to come down and visit, to see firsthand, he will not be able to say he did not know, was unaware of or anything like that. Also, if he were to catch something, it may cause action on the part of the Federal government to take action to prevent such from occurring.
The dangers are there, none of the states that are having this influx are either prepared for or ready to deal with the mass numbers that are coming across. The dangers are very real, as they are carrying many diseases and who knows if they are criminals or have committed crimes for which they are trying to escape from justice.

So, by asking for help from the CDC, it is one angle that the federal government cannot afford to have happen, as it would override a lot of their desires. Think about it the irony that the federal government is stopped by its own policies and agencies.

Now before many say that Texas can use the National guard on its own, however that costs money. But if the federal government authorizes and activates said units, the federal government picks up the tap, and will have to provide the equipment, and possibly other guard units to be deployed on the border.

The sad part is that this problem has been going on for years, long before many of us were born, since World War II. And ever since then, the federal government has chosen to ignore the problem. The reality is that logistically, the USA cannot simply send millions of people out of the country, nor can it simply ignore the problem. And like as many would have pointed out, amnesty only makes the problem worse and worse.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

that is not the simple act of trespassing tho, that is burglary.
The people that are coming over are not sneaking into someones home and stealing from them in the process of crossing the border.
Unless you want to beat the dead horse of them using the social programs and taking your tax dollars but american citizens use them just as much so I see that point moot.

And having the prosecutor is still part of the full legal process, as you most likely have been arrested and had charges put against you, hence going through the process. The prosecutor can end that process,but that doesn't mean you have not gone through it

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Well yes, I did more research and it seems there has been two land mark cases about this law.
So I guess foot in mouth for me.
One involving a trick or treater that was shot and killed, and the guy did not face charges

Another where three burglars got killed but I am 100% ok with that one, cause that is a entirely different case.

I still would never agree with killing immigrants to "solve" the problem, regardless of what century old law that still stands in texas.
Nor does that law that is in one state, give reason for our fed gov to adapt that tactic. Even if they are operating in that state.
The fact that a man got away with killing a innocent trick or treater says alot about that law IMO
wiki.answers.com...

The controversy is, that there have been 2 major shootings one in Houston Texas in 1990's where an Asian Trick or Treater walked up to a house and rang the doorbell and was shot and killed by the homeowner.

It does say that there was multiple do not trespass signs, and that was the reason, along with the law, that the owner was not charged.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I never claimed to agree with it,
I was just putting it out there

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

The people that are coming over are not sneaking into someones home and stealing from them in the process of crossing the border.
Unless you want to beat the dead horse of them using the social programs and taking your tax dollars but american citizens use them just as much so I see that point moot.

Using the social programs that are set up for citizens of this Country. Social programs that we paid into. They are taking what isn't theirs to take.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

And they may not have a pay check, some of them not all, they spend the money they make here, in the US. They are getting taxed and contributing to those programs just like everyone else. Especially if they take their family with them.

Still isn't the same thing as coming in your home and physically taking money or items from you. Not even close

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Still isn't the same thing as coming in your home and physically taking money or items from you. Not even close

We have many citizens who apply for jobs and are perfectly suitable for the job while an illegal is hired instead. That takes away from the citizen being able to support his family. The illegal may not be physically in their homes, but he is certainly affecting their lives deeply. What right does an illegal foreigner have to be placed above a citizen of this Country?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

And they may not have a pay check, some of them not all, they spend the money they make here, in the US. They are getting taxed and contributing to those programs just like everyone else. Especially if they take their family with them.

I have worked with and made friends with illegals over many years. I have spoken to them personally. Do you want to know what they say and do? Many of them have no intentions of staying here. They save money then go back home where our money is worth a hell of a lot more and live a good life.

Many of the women work and their spouses work under the table. The women claim that they are a one income household and end up getting welfare, cheap housing, food and medical. Their combined income was well over the poverty limit!

In any case, we have immigrants coming through the proper channels and waiting their time, while these illegals cut to the head of the line. Kind of a slap in the face, don't you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Then your mad at the company... they are the ones hiring.
And I guess you have talked to different ones then i have. Most come out here to work and raise a family in a house they pay rent at and use utilities. Which means they are producing members of our economy.
Yes some work for a lower wage, but again your still mad at the company hiring them knowing why they work for that lower wage.
I am not asking to give them more rights then the next, but the same like our laws dictate.
And i think they need to revamp the process. It is a pretty rough process that almost sets them up to fail
edit on ndSun, 22 Jun 2014 02:43:45 -0500America/Chicago620144580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on ndSun, 22 Jun 2014 03:09:11 -0500America/Chicago620141180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I am not asking to give them more rights then the next, but the same like our laws dictate.

Interesting you mention the word law when you are in favor of illegals who have broken the law to be here, stolen identities or overstayed visas, used fraudulent documents etc. By not coming here through the proper channels legally, they should not have the same rights as someone coming here the right way or a citizen.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

You speak of equal rights. We have had so many illegals from south of the border that in many areas in the US, we are required to speak Spanish in order to get hired for a job because most of their employees speak Spanish. Since when did an American citizen have to speak a foreign language in order to get a job that has nothing to do with international business or translation?

We have so many illegals in cheap housing while citizens are having to be on a list waiting for years.
We have citizens in desperate need of a job, while a foreigner gets that job instead.

It is neither fair or right that citizens should get shoved aside like that because someone decided to just waltz over the border, and without a health or background check at that.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Yes equal rights for all,sorry that those pesky founding fathers called for it. Really puts a dent into those that want to see people not get them.
I see you bring up the job thing again, why would they not take a job that is offered to them.
It is not their fault that the company is choosing them knowing they are undocumented and ignorance is not bliss for them, they know. The companies hiring them are the problem, they couldn't have a job if they can't hired.
What jobs are you talking about that you are required to speak spanish for?
It is a definite advantage to know spanish, but it is usaully and advantage to speak another language period.

The housing is just another social program that is getting abused and the goverment allows to get abused by all, not just illegals. Simple google search will give you plenty of examples of citizens taking full advantage of them all.
Your still just getting mad at the people taking the offer, not the one's giving it.
Do you blame the citizens for the 2008 collapse or the banks? Talk about people stealing from you, you kids will be paying for that bailout.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: mwood

originally posted by: buster2010
Why does he want Obama to come there he doesn't need Obama's ok to call up the guard in Texas he is their commander in chief. Also as far as drones go if police forces can buy them I see no reason why the state of Texas can't buy them as well. The American taxpayers shouldn't pay for drones for Texas they can pay for them themselves. Maybe he should start acting like a Governor and do his job instead of crying to Obama every time he has a problem.

You mean like our Governor Jan Brewer did......and get sued by the Federal government?

You may not do anything without the King's blessing.....

I am unfamiliar with her being sued for deploying national guard. Are you talking about the suite against her for expanding medicaid?

No, I was referring to the legislation passed with bill 1070.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

Why does he want Obama to come there he doesn't need Obama's ok to call up the guard in Texas he is their commander in chief. Also as far as drones go if police forces can buy them I see no reason why the state of Texas can't buy them as well. The American taxpayers shouldn't pay for drones for Texas they can pay for them themselves. Maybe he should start acting like a Governor and do his job instead of crying to Obama every time he has a problem.

You mean like our Governor Jan Brewer did......and get sued by the Federal government?

You may not do anything without the King's blessing.....

That had nothing to do with the National Guard in Arizona. The lawsuit was over Arizona's racist immigration laws.

Why is it racist to ask for my ID when stopped by the police but racial profiling if the person happens to be Mexican?

Everybody should have to live by the same rules, that's not racism....

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mwood

It's illegal for the cops come up and ask you for your ID for no reason.
And for your follow up, if they think you are here illegally then they can ask you. Who are they to say what an american citizen looks like.
So why are they doing it period?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

How many illegals do you know?

Because I have worked with and knew quite a few. They move 4, 5, 6 families into a house and split the rent so none of them have to pay much, they destroy the house because you have 20-25 people living in a place designed for 4-5.

Because they split the rend 5-6 way it's extremely cheap to live, and 80% of their money gets sent back to Mexico to their families there.

Yeah they spend SOME of their money here but the majority goes to Mexico.

Most try to get jobs that pay cash because they can't get hired through anywhere that uses the "e-verify" system so none of that money is taxed.

Many have fake ID's and SS cards through identity theft that are used to get jobs with, another crime committed.

Then there are the ones that file fraudulent tax returns and claim every child whether in the home or not and get back $10,000 - $15,000 in tax refunds (you can Google that issue)

Overall the majority DO NOT pay taxes, and DO NOT spend the money in our economy.

Throw in with that the food stamps, free medical, housing assistance, free education and other social programs a they take advantage of.

You can also Google how many hospitals in the Southwest have went out of business because of the illegals having babies there and not paying their bills.....MANY hospitals literally had go out of business.

But hey, they came here looking for a better life.......I guess they found it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join