It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEXAS: Formally Requests 1,000 National Guard Troops ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Perry Invites Obama to Visit Border

[Texas Governor Rick] Perry also formally requested 1,000 National Guard troops and surveillence drones to patrol the border.

Additionally, the fear of spreading disease prompted Perry to ask that the Center for Disease Control get directly involved in watching the various centers housing the flood of illegals.

. . .

Perry wrote. "This crisis, however, transcends any political differences we may have.

“The safety and security of our border communities is being threatened by this flood of illegal immigration, and the crisis worsens by the day," he added.

MY PRIOR OPINION-n-OBSERVATION

-
OPINION: The "Official-TEXAS-Response" ... Continues

AND

TEXAS has TRIED to be nice and work with the System ... ( of ??? ).

edit on 21-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Why does he want Obama to come there he doesn't need Obama's ok to call up the guard in Texas he is their commander in chief. Also as far as drones go if police forces can buy them I see no reason why the state of Texas can't buy them as well. The American taxpayers shouldn't pay for drones for Texas they can pay for them themselves. Maybe he should start acting like a Governor and do his job instead of crying to Obama every time he has a problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

OK something is weird about this. I can understand if he is requesting drones if his current national guard doesn't have them or even the CDC, but he is the governor. He is asking whom for national guard troops? It cant be the president because he can order the national guard in Texas to patrol if he wishes.

Is he asking for National Guard from other states? What is wrong with the ones in Texas? When I got out of Active Duty I went in the National Guard and the oath I took was to follow orders from both the Governor of my state and the president that means Perry doesn't need to ask anyone for troops he can issue the orders himself for his state.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

TEXAS: Formally Requests 1,000 National Guard Troops

This is one of the very reasons the National Guard was created.

Enter the current administration saying 'No Perry, stop being racists'.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Why does he want Obama to come there he doesn't need Obama's ok to call up the guard in Texas he is their commander in chief. Also as far as drones go if police forces can buy them I see no reason why the state of Texas can't buy them as well. The American taxpayers shouldn't pay for drones for Texas they can pay for them themselves. Maybe he should start acting like a Governor and do his job instead of crying to Obama every time he has a problem.

You mean like our Governor Jan Brewer did......and get sued by the Federal government?

You may not do anything without the King's blessing.....

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is the same Rick Perry who consistently slams the Federal Government and President Obama, and consistently says "Texas can go it alone without Federal Government intervention" and consistently says "we don't need any assistance from the Federal Government" (despite getting more back from Federal tax dollars than they contribute?

First problem - solution is to go running to President Obama and the Federal Government for assistance.

Rick, you say you want more autonomy as a state - DEAL WITH IT.

If you deal with your own immigration problem, you'll be able to say that you actually did something when you run for President in 2016. Of course, being anti immigrant won't help AT ALL.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The USA has never signed up for the international landmine ban treaty.

Maybe it's time to mine the Southern border? Random minefields that turn on on a completely random rotating schedule should stop most folks coming through, and would be incredibly cheap vs calling out the national guard.

If it gets known that "hey, if you try and cross the US border, you might get your legs blown off, and if you get to the US, you'll be sent home after a few weeks living in a warehouse hell hole" then maybe illegals will stop trying to get to the US.

Place a few ads on TV in Mexico, showing conditions in the warehouse where illegals are being kept before they go home. Ads on national TV in Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, etc should make people think twice.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

You mean like our Governor Jan Brewer did......and get sued by the Federal government?

I am unfamiliar with her being sued for deploying national guard. Are you talking about the suite against her for expanding medicaid?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I always love the, just kill the people coming across, that will solve the problem!
Since when does trespassing carry a death sentence in the united states?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

There is a reason why no one talks about their trespass adventures at Area 51.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

And thats how we solve our border problems.

Put the same sensors and kind of personnel Area 51 has there.

No problemo.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Are those just stories or can you link me a case where some one was killed for it?
And that would be more of a case of seeing something your are not suppose to and getting silenced for it.
Which I will not argue is the case when it comes to our gov and someone looking behind the curtain.
Don't see how that is relevant when it comes to people coming across the border tho

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My guess he wants Obama there to force him to see the problem.. then no matter what Obama does he can hammer him in the press to bolster his chances at a presidential run.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Are those just stories or can you link me a case where some one was killed for it?

What stories?

That is kinda the point.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

That had nothing to do with the National Guard in Arizona. The lawsuit was over Arizona's racist immigration laws.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Grimpachi

And thats how we solve our border problems.

Put the same sensors and kind of personnel Area 51 has there.

No problemo.

There is an even better way. Shut down all our useless bases overseas and build new ones along the border.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So what your saying is there is no confirmed cases of people getting killed for just trespassing onto area 51 right?
I know that is your "point" but it isn't a very good one IMO in relation to the OP.

And if we want that to be the case then we need to put up signs every where on the border that states that lethal force is authorized if you cross a certain point like in the case of area 51.
Prob gonna have to work around some laws to make that happen.
But our country's laws don't matter in this case right?
Two wrongs make a right, since they are breaking laws then we should break laws and just kill them for it?

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There is an even better way. Shut down all our useless bases overseas and build new ones along the border.

Been there done that already.

See once upon a time in America this country had lots of military bases.

Except the people who are crying the loudest about amnesty is the very same people who closed them.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

Been there done that already.

See once upon a time in America this country had lots of military bases.

Except the people who are crying the loudest about amnesty is the very same people who closed them.

Would that have been Reagan? He was the one who basically started all this amnesty BS.

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I always love the, just kill the people coming across, that will solve the problem!
Since when does trespassing carry a death sentence in the united states?
I'm pretty sure its legal to kill a trespasser in the state of Texas

Edit: Texas penal code chapter 9 Sec. 9.41. PROTECTION OF ONE'S OWN PROPERTY. (a) A person in lawful possession of land or tangible, movable property is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent or terminate the other's trespass on the land or unlawful interference with the property.
(b) A person unlawfully dispossessed of land or tangible, movable property by another is justified in using force against the other when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to reenter the land or recover the property if the actor uses the force immediately or in fresh pursuit after the dispossession and:
(1) the actor reasonably believes the other had no claim of right when he dispossessed the actor; or
(2) the other accomplished the dispossession by using force, threat, or fraud against the actor.
edit on 6/21/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join