It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Radiation Management, Chemtrails and Climate Mitigation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here I found a better picture.

Source

edit on 26-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MagicWand67

Let's take a look at some other technology used in atmospheric studies.

Ok, I'm trying to. Specifically what "other technology used in atmospheric studies" is shown in this post I'm replying to?

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Is this currently feasible?

I don't know. My guess is YES

If so , is it being used now?

I don't know. My guess is it's still in R&D

My mistake, I thought you meant they were currently being used. As you were.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I am not trying to discredit your post, just trying to understand if this is a today thing, or as your other links claim, a work in progress.

This is the stuff you see on TV in spy movies, so if it's real today, it's quite interesting.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Can I just point out...

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: network dude

That's not correct dude.

There are different kinds of MEMS.

You're mixing up two of them and thinking it's the same one.

I am not sure, you posted this picture:

Where is plainly states that the size of these are planned to be a speck of dust, but are now quarter sized. Is your source wrong? Or am I missing something?

edit to add: From your snopes paper:

We have not yet seen any mention of such "smart dust" technology having GPS capabilities or being able to survive in a functional state after being ingested, however.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

Okay, let me try to clarify.

The big blue picture is from the early days when this was first invented. The have since improved on the original design.

The reference to being quarter size is again from the prototype. The type of MEMS that have a battery and an antenna.

The tiny dust size one is the Hitachi RFID version. Not as many internal parts, so it's a lot smaller.

Hope that helps clear things up.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is from the original inventor. Notice the dates are from 1999

Source

The two figures above represent where we are and where we'd like to be.
On the left is where we hope to be in July of '01 - a cubic millimeter device with a sensor, power supply, analog circuitry, bidirectional optical communication, and a programmable microprocessor. Click on the figure to get more detail.
On the right is where we are now (July '99) - a (currently) non-functional mote with a volume of about 100 cubic millimeters. There are two silicon chips sitting on a type-5 hearing aid battery. The right chip is a MEMS corner cube optical transmitter array - it works. On the right is a CMOS ASIC with an optical receiver, charge pump, and simple digital controller - it doesn't work (we violated some of the design rules in the 0.25 micron process, but the next one should work).

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The latest chip, which still has no name, is 60 times smaller than the Mu-chip but can handle the same amount of information, which gets stored as a 38-digit number, according to Hitachi.

One catch is that the new chip needs an external antenna, unlike the Mu-chip.

The smallest antennas are about 0.16 inches — giants next to the powder-size chip.

There are no plans yet to start commercial production of the new chip, Takeuchi said.

Invisible tracking brings to mind science-fiction-inspired uses, or even abuses, such as unknowingly getting sprinkled with smart-tag powder for Big Brother-like monitoring.

"We are not imagining such uses," Takeuchi said, adding that the latest chip is so new — and so miniature — Hitachi is still studying its possible uses.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This is from 2007. And since they need a "large" antenna to broadcast, they don't have plans for commercial production.

Have you found any current articles stating that they are in fact producing these and that they can be read from a distance? The one's listed here need a reader to be very close. (like scanning a concert ticket)

So far, I just see R&D and speculation. I am just trying to find definitive answers.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ah, who cares if they destroy the planet! They've already built their cities, underground. Why should they care what happens above ground??? It's kinda crazy to think that "man" could help something that's been here before man.
Pride will destroy us.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrthumpy

Can I just point out...

Wow, I just wasted my time watched that video. I now have a renewed understanding of why Tanker Enemy videos are considered hoax videos here.

The first part explains the technology being discussed. If you aren't blindly wanting it to all be true, you can pick out the words that explain it is all ideas and in development. (currently the size of rice, not nano at the moment) but then a video of some clueless chemmies explain how the chemtrails are full of these nano particles and smart dust. (the same stuff that the beginning of the video explained didn't exist yet.)

I guess they hope the the ones who watch will be willfully ignorant.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The Atmospheric Tracer Technology, employed by the Air Resources Laboratory (ARL) Field Research Division (FRD), involves a small amount of a stable, non-toxic, invisible, odorless, and easily detectable substance (known as a tracer) that is released into the air. The air in the surrounding area is then sampled and the concentration of the tracer is measured. By combining the concentrations with meteorological information, ARL scientists can develop and test theories and models of atmospheric transport and dispersion. Current capabilities include continuous analyzers, time integrated sampling, and automated tracer release mechanisms.

Here before you think something nefarious is happening with this you may want to read this...As they explain everything in better detail.

www.arl.noaa.gov...

I see you show that in your second source...but that still doesn't show that this is connected with geo engineering or chemtrails.

edit on 26-6-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You may want to read this concerning TankerEnemy videos...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not even close to being any kind of credible source.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Sorry about the TankerEnemy video. I was unaware that we're not supposed to post those.

Here's the video clip from Future World

and another paper from the inventor of Smart Dust

Wireless Monitoring Technology

Now back to the topic of SRM. Here's an article by Alan Robock, a scientist involved in geoengineering, discussing some of the risks involved with SRM

Source

The Risks of Climate Engineering

If SRM climate engineering could be implemented (which is a big question, for reasons explained above), it would have the following benefits:

A reduction in surface air temperatures, which could reduce or reverse some of the negative impacts of global warming, including floods, droughts, stronger storms, sea ice melting, land-based ice sheet melting, and sea level rise.
An increase in plant productivity.
An increase in terrestrial CO2 sink.
Beautiful red and yellow sunsets.
Unexpected benefits.

But I have identified at least 26 possible risks of stratospheric SRM:

Drought in Africa and Asia.
Perturbation of natural ecology and farmed vegetation with more diffuse radiation.
Ozone depletion.
Continued ocean acidification.
Impacts on tropospheric chemistry.
Whiter skies.
Less solar electricity generation.
Degradation of passive solar heating.
Rapid warming if stopped.
An inability to stop effects quickly.
Human error.
Unexpected consequences.
Commercial control.
Military use of the technology.
Societal disruption, with conflicts between countries.
Conflicts with current treaties, such as the UN Convention on the Prohibition of Military or Any Other Hostile Use of Environmental Modification Techniques.
Whose hand would be on the thermostat? (How could the world agree on a climate that would satisfy all?)
Effects on airplanes flying in the stratosphere.
Effects on the electrical properties of the atmosphere.
The environmental impacts of implementation.
Degradation of terrestrial optical astronomy.
Impacts on stargazing (no more Milky Way).
Impacts on satellite remote sensing.
More sunburn.
Moral hazard: The prospect of it working could reduce drive for mitigation.
Moral authority: Do we have the right to do this?
We need more research to understand the risks of SRM compared with the risks of not doing SRM so that society can make informed decisions in the future about implementation. But how should we do this research? I support indoor research, using computer models of the climate system and studying the impacts of past volcanic eruptions and of ships on clouds. But outdoor research needs strict governance to prevent dangerous pollution in the name of science. And such a governance system does not now exist.

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Let's take a look at some other technology used in atmospheric studies.

Sprinkle enough of this stuff around and you can generate 3D maps of the environment and even track moving targets. Kinda spooky if you ask me.

lnik to post with diagram

Sweet - that would indeed give us much better INFORMATION about the atmosphere if it happened - but note that that particular chip isn't going to track anything.

and what is the link to "chemtrails" anyway? As you say - better info on the atmosphere - what's the problem or link ir issue with that??

posted on Jun, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

I never said there was a link to "chemtrails" and I wasn't trying to imply that it was a problem.

I was trying to show some of the developments that science has made in regards to monitoring and understanding our atmosphere.

I guess I communicated that poorly.

EDIT:

Sometimes it's just fun to speculate about the potential use for this technology.

Like this article below does.

Source

The year is 2035, and Sgt. Bill Traverse and his team of commandos are performing a “sweep and clean” operation through a portion of the war-torn Mexico City. Their job is to find any hidden pockets of resistance and flush them out and back through the neutral zone or eliminate them. The drones that provide surveillance overhead cannot offer much support in the twisting alleys and passageways of the sprawling metropolis and the helmet-based HUD systems that soldiers are equipped with are useless in a city where all technical infrastructure was destroyed years ago.

Sgt. Traverse isn’t navigating blind, though. He and his team use Dust, portable packets of sensors that float in the air throughout the entire city and track movement, biometric indicators, temperature change and chemical composition of everything in their city. The Dust sensors send information back to their HUD displays through a communications receiver carried by a member of the team. Traverse can tell, from the readings that Dust gives him, if there are people around the next corner and if they are holding weapons. His team can then proceed accordingly …

This scene of Sgt. Traverse and his merry men is a fiction. The concept of Dust is not.

edit on 26-6-2014 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You do get that this "magic dust" is not yet a reality right? It's like the other SRM ideas.

This scene of Sgt. Traverse and his merry men is a fiction. The concept of Dust is not.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

What is the status of this stuff in it's experimental or prototype phase? You're certain it's fictional, so I'm sure you know the topic enough to relay a sense of status to support that assumption, correct?

Please share something the rest of us can see and learn a bit about it from, vs. just telling folks they are wrong? I'd appreciate it, since this 'smart dust' sounds quite interesting to see more about, where folks have something to support opinions with.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I am certain all the facts that have been brought SAY its in the developmental stage. I already know your stance, so a recap on that isn't necessary.

Do you have anything that says this magic dust is being used?

Edit to add:
I agree that it is very interesting. Which is why I started to look into it. And I know you already know all about what I think, so ignore this if you want, but in this arena, lots of things that aren't yet being used, have been displayed as 'actually happening' by readers who ignored the verbiage that explained it's stage of development. Kind of like that video that was offered as proof of something.

There are readers who will not look into things and just take what is said at face value because it sounds good.
edit on 27-6-2014 by network dude because: added reasoning for post.

edit on 27-6-2014 by network dude because: n-s

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I have no idea what this stuff is. Prior to this thread, I'd not heard of tracers being developed or used in quite this way.

It's why I'm more interested in factual references than just declaring back and forth what each opinion favors as real or not.

I'll take that to mean you don't have links or sourced data to add tho. Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jun, 27 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Most possible applications require some faith that the micro-motes will improve over time. The researchers present their swarmputers as the next stage in overall processor evolution, from desktop to laptop to cell phone to bloodstream. And yet, these computers are limited by both processing power and communication, relaying information to one another only over very small windows, like deep space satellites. This does not seem to lend itself well to distributed computing. Samsung’s proposed graphene micro-antennae might offer some hope here, but even these function only on the centimeter scale. This would work for a tightly clustered network of chips, but how many applications will actually see these things bound closely together?

link to source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join